User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 10:30 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default If "Time" was a Rumours album... / "Winds of Change" Cover

If "Time" featured the Rumours lineup, I think many of the songs could have been greatly improved by Lindsey's production. This inspired me to do a cover of "Winds of Change", which you can hear here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/by7ubxzzf0...hange.mp3?dl=0

I'm not looking for critiques of the performance. I am not a professional musician. I'm just very happy with how this turned out and so I am sharing it with this community.

(I realize Lindsey did appear on "Time", doing backing vocals on "Nothing Without You". I also realize that if the album featured the Rumours lineup that this song might not have appeared, and the album might not have even been called "Time"...)
Old 06-10-2019, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDB View Post
If "Time" featured the Rumours lineup, I think many of the songs could have been greatly improved by Lindsey's production. This inspired me to do a cover of "Winds of Change", which you can hear here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/by7ubxzzf0...hange.mp3?dl=0

I'm not looking for critiques of the performance. I am not a professional musician. I'm just very happy with how this turned out and so I am sharing it with this community.

(I realize Lindsey did appear on "Time", doing backing vocals on "Nothing Without You". I also realize that if the album featured the Rumours lineup that this song might not have appeared, and the album might not have even been called "Time"...)
Still cant quite figure out what the premise of this thread is. Nevertheless; Good job, not bad at all.
If nothing else, it serves to remind me Time has some good songs that I need to revisit.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-11-2019, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If Time featured the Rumours lineup, the only songs still included would be Christine's. But following the game, I guess the "Winds of change" song could have another title, since it's a not so original one.