Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-04-2002, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Fleetwood Mac Plans Tour Behind New Album

This was posted on Billboard.com today...

Fleetwood Mac will embark on a 40- to 60-date North American tour of arenas and amphitheaters in April 2003, Billboard.com has learned. The group's most popular lineup of Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks, Lindsay Buckingham, John McVie, and Christine McVie last toured in 1997 with an arena run that grossed $36.2 million in 44 shows; the upcoming tour will include everyone but Christine McVie. The same lineup's first new studio album since 1987's "Tango in the Night" will arrive next spring via Reprise.

A greatest hits package, "The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac," is due Oct. 15 on Reprise. The 36-track, double disc album spans 1975-1997, omitting material recorded by the more blues-oriented edition of the group prior to Buckingham and Nicks' arrival. Nine top-10 hits are included, including "Dreams" (No. 1), "Don't Stop" (No. 3), "Little Lies," and "Hold Me" (both of which reached No. 4).

Three tracks are culled from the group's 1997 reunion album "The Dance": "Go Insane," "I'm So Afraid," and "Big Love" (the original version of which hit No. 5 in 1987). Other tracks include "As Long As You Follow" and "No Questions Asked" from the band's 1988 "Greatest Hits" album.

"The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac" will also feature footage of the band recording the new album, as well as rare live performances, interviews, and music videos.

In related news, Buckingham sings on the cut "The Man Who Loved Women" on Tom Petty's new album, "The Last DJ," due Oct. 8 from Warner Bros.

Here is "The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac" tracklist:

Disc one:
"Go Your Own Way"
"Dreams"
"You Make Loving Fun"
"Rhiannon"
"Monday Morning"
"Silver Springs"
"Say You Love Me"
"Second Hand News"
"Over My Head"
"Sara"
"Never Going Back Again"
"Love in Store"
"Landslide"
"Songbird"
"What Makes You Think You're the One"
"Storms"
"Go Insane" (live, 1997)
"Tusk"

Disc two:
"Don't Stop"
"The Chain"
"Little Lies"
"Gypsy"
"Think About Me"
"Gold Dust Woman"
"World Turning"
"Hold Me"
"Seven Wonders"
"Everywhere"
"Family Man"
"Sisters of the Moon"
"As Long As You Follow"
"No Questions Asked"
"Skies the Limit"
"Paper Doll"
"I'm So Afraid" (live, 1997)
"Big Love" (live, 1997)

How great is this news about having footage from the band recording the new album.. plus the live performances, interviews and music videos!!! Woohoo!! I am so much more excited now!!

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~
Old 09-04-2002, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

WHOA!!!

'The Very Best Of Fleetwood Mac' is an enhanced CD with videos, and new studio footage?!?

Pardon my language, but... HOT DAMN!!!

I'm so happy I pre-ordered it thru Amazon.com last night (using the links here on The Ledge, by the way! ).

Johnny Stew
Old 09-04-2002, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

I wonder what they mean by it including this "footage from the band recording the new album.. plus the live performances, interviews and music videos". I wonder if it is going to be like one of those "enhanced CD"'s or something? Does anyone know how much "video footage time" an enhanced CD can hold?

Oh well, it looks like the new album WILL be on Reprise after all so I guess we can't do much about getting the back catalog remastered just yet then.

John
Old 09-04-2002, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

.....oooohh....my....GOOOOOD!!!

I am completely freaking in my seat here at work!!!
Wait, lemme get up and see if I wet myself.....

Enhanced?
With footage?

Oh sweet rain falling on hot, dry, parched mudbanks!!!
Can it be?
Old 09-04-2002, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This does sound real coool. I also would think if the tour starts in April, we may see a February release.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is great news, however one downer again for overseas fans, no mention of touring overseas again.

Come on Mick sort yourself out, don't forget your roots, and maybe persuade Christine to do a final apperance in the UK

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 09-04-2002, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is excellent news! Lets just hope Mick keeps his word and they come to the UK!

Pip
Old 09-04-2002, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting that Michelle. I have to admit my enthusiasm for "the very best of" just took a turn skyward.
Old 09-04-2002, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ok what does enhanced mean.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 09-04-2002, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Les
Thanks for posting that Michelle. I have to admit my enthusiasm for "the very best of" just took a turn skyward.
You are welcome Les.. although I have to say that I am a little more excited now about " the very best of" after reading this article than I originally was about it.

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~
Old 09-04-2002, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this.....awesome news about this package!!!!!
I was going to buy this anyway, but now this makes it even SWEETER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fleetwood Mac actually made the news ticker on CNN--I just saw it like a half hour ago!!!! Talking about info from Billboard about a "hefty US tour in April"!! I couldn't believe it....THEIR NAME ON CNN!!! I HAD to sign online and come here, because I knew there would be more info!!

I am so so so excited!!! Much more goodies on these discs than we all thought! God I love this band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down
Old 09-04-2002, 06:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Whoa!

Wow! If this is really true - that it will be an enhanced CD with all of those extras - then I absolutley forgive them for not including any new songs or rarities on TVBoFM. And the fact that they'll do something as cutting edge as an enhanced disc? Maybe they aren't as stuck in their ways as we had thought. Welcome to the 21st century, Fleetwood Mac!

And 40-60 dates? Wow again. That sounds excellent, enough to hit alot of markets. I just hope the schedule doesn't wear Stevie out. The TISL tour nearly killed her.

And Neil & Pip - don't give up! I've got my fingers crossed for you guys. If this is going to be as massive as it sounds - and since it is, in all likelihood, the last Fleetwood Mac tour - they have to go to the UK. (Well, they really, really should.)

I almost hate to read stuff like this because it is so far off. And nothing follows this band around more than bad information - wasn't it Billboard who told us a fall tour was planned? Still, this is great, great news. FM has an awesome opportunity here, and I hope they do everything right.

Mike B.

Edited to add: Hey...isn't this the first indication that Reprise will definitely be releasing the new album? I know that has been debatable lately, but the article sounds like they'll stick w/ Reprise. Interesting.

Last edited by Mike B; 09-04-2002 at 06:06 PM..
Old 09-04-2002, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie had a hard time on the TISL tour because it looks like she went into the tour with a cold...by the chicago and mansfield shows you can hear a bit of wrasp in her voice..more so than normal. It progressed into something much worse obviously. The tour itself didnt kill her..it was just the headcold that turned bad with the combination of singing everynight that did her in. Im sure if shes healthy going into this tour..she will be just fine. I bet she is already going to start gearing up.

Just my two cents

Alex
Old 09-04-2002, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hawkeye, and anyone else who might be curious... an Enhanced CD can be played on a conventional CD player, but when played in a CD-ROM (or DVD-ROM) drive, there is additional material to access... which can include videos, image galleries, interviews, lyrics, artist biographies & discographies, and other promotional material.

Several albums and singles have been released in this format over the last couple of years... I know I have some Madonna and Foo Fighters discs like this, and a couple others that I can't remember right now.

Now, I'm not holding my breath that all of the videos for the songs contained on the compilation will be included... but I'm sure they'll include the key videos, such as "Gypsy" and "Little Lies," for example.
Then again, maybe they'll surprise me... but, in the meantime, I'm remaining cautiously optimistic, due to the space limitations inherent on these discs.

Either way, I'm *very* excited that this is more than just your standard "greatest hits" set.

Johnny Stew

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 09-04-2002 at 06:59 PM..
Old 09-04-2002, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's really one of the few ways in which this CD could actually be a more interesting purchasing for the die-hard fan (should I say for us Ledgies )... Putting together all of those songs without something else (could've been the booklet as well, it was an enhanced CD) would have been totally wrong. But now of course it makes the product more attractive, both to casual listeners and for more fanatic people...

This is really great news, thanks for posting.

Song of the moment - Dust