User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That's a fair point. However, it's her unique voice that people really loved in my opinion. She was an excellent melody writer and loved hooks. She defintely wrote for her voice. I believe one of the main reasons Christine loved to co-write was to mix things up a bit. She was completely capable of writing on her own, Oh Daddy, Songbird, YMLF, Don't Stop, Say You Love Me, Over My Head, Everywhere, Spare Me A Little, etc.

To be fair Lindsey and Stevie often have co-writers too. Richard Dashut, Sandy Stewart, M. Campbell, Benmont Tench, Cory Sipper, Gordon Fordyce, Tom Petty, Christine McVie (w/ LB)... to name some..
Actually, I don't think it's a fair point. Christine had cowriters from 1982 onward but ALL of Stevie's songs are essentially cowritten. One need only listen to her demos against the completed song to realize that the mere scrap of a song she often contributed was transformed into magic. (Stevie's voice also helps carry her songs.) The degree to which Christine's songs are collaborations are most likely less so than many of Stevie's. In fact, Todd Sharp has said that she was generous with her cowriting credits when he worked with her.

Lindsey's songs are pretty much written independently, I think. But like all Mac writers, they benefit from band participation and arrangements.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Actually, I don't think it's a fair point. Christine had cowriters from 1982 onward but ALL of Stevie's songs are essentially cowritten. One need only listen to her demos against the completed song to realize that the mere scrap of a song she often contributed was transformed into magic. (Stevie's voice also helps carry her songs.) The degree to which Christine's songs are collaborations are most likely less so than many of Stevie's. In fact, Todd Sharp has said that she was generous with her cowriting credits when he worked with her.

Lindsey's songs are pretty much written independently, I think. But like all Mac writers, they benefit from band participation and arrangements.
Wow we agree!! Mark it down lol..
Old 06-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Wow we agree!! Mark it down lol..
Oh, Jbrownsjr! I really value your insight here! I always think of you as a fan with shared sensibilities.

I was actually disagreeing with the person you reacted to...
Old 06-04-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Oh, Jbrownsjr! I really value your insight here! I always think of you as a fan with shared sensibilities.

I was actually disagreeing with the person you reacted to...
I know.. I just like being goofy ..