The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:41 AM

Hearing different songs today.

Really enjoying the Green/Spencer/Kirwin/Welch/Walker/Weston/Mcvie material. Wow.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-16-2018 at 09:49 AM..
Old 05-16-2018, 10:33 AM

They love the Tango extended remixes!

Big big big big big big big big big big big big... love.. yeah yeah...
Old 05-16-2018, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just heard on Sirius that at 5pm today that there will be a show with the band members (including Lindsey) talking about Rumours its called Rumours Revealed.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chris talking about writing Songbird and Lindsey talking about GYOW. Lindsey also talked about Oh Daddy and YMLF. I've heard these clips before but a new one for me was hearing Stevie talk about GDW. It was written in Phoenix and they drove past Gold Dust Lane everyday. She created a character, someone she called a Gustav Clint??? type of woman dressed in gold. I have no idea who this person is. I found a painter online named Gustav Klimt but it's a man and he's dead. It wasn't originally about coke but "morphed" (my word) later.

She said the Gold Dust Woman on the next tour will not be the same one as the last 2 tours.
Have we seen the last of the crackhead dance????
Old 05-16-2018, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just heard Lindsey talking about WMYTYTO! I love this song. He explained that him and Mick both share a love of a certain kind of rock n roll like the Stones and garage band stuff. He continued to say they "share a love of masculinity if you want to be politically incorrect". This made my day as I detest political correctness and enjoy masculine men (not macho, there's a diff). Then he talked about the drum playing and the equipment used (low tech stuff my words). Lindsey finished by saying he was playing the piano on it while Mick was on the drums and they were bonding for 1/2 hour recording the song.

We absolutely need to hear more from LB on this channel
Old 05-16-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I've heard these clips before but a new one for me was hearing Stevie talk about GDW. It was written in Phoenix and they drove past Gold Dust Lane everyday. She created a character, someone she called a Gustav Clint??? type of woman dressed in gold. I have no idea who this person is. I found a painter online named Gustav Klimt but it's a man and he's dead.
It is surely Gustav Klimt, he was a famous art nouveau painter that portrayed many hystorical and mythical female characters and one of his distinctive traits is the massive use of gold leaf as accent for details; he is my favourite artist.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 05-16-2018 at 06:34 PM..
Old 05-16-2018, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Just heard on Sirius that at 5pm today that there will be a show with the band members (including Lindsey) talking about Rumours its called Rumours Revealed.
yes, because we never ever heard them talking about Rumours.

they also shared this weird tweet, tagging Buckingham / McVie, apparently only because they used the part of Christine's BuckVie interview where they cut Lindsey out of the picture -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-16-2018, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just heard Lindsey talking about WMYTYTO! I love this song. He explained that him and Mick both share a love of a certain kind of rock n roll like the Stones and garage band stuff. He continued to say they "share a love of masculinity if you want to be politically incorrect". This made my day as I detest political correctness and enjoy masculine men (not macho, there's a diff). Then he talked about the drum playing and the equipment used (low tech stuff my words). Lindsey finished by saying he was playing the piano on it while Mick was on the drums and they were bonding for 1/2 hour recording the song.

We absolutely need to hear more from LB on this channel
awwww i wish i heard this!

i hope Lindsey finally brings back WMYTYTO this fall!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-16-2018, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
awwww i wish i heard this!

i hope Lindsey finally brings back WMYTYTO this fall!
Wouldn't that be great- My favorite line of the song "Everything you do has been done and it won't last forever"
Old 05-16-2018, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yesterday i heard again that Neil Finn clip where he talks how much he respects Lindsey and his contributions and how he'll honor his legacy and he'll sing the crap out of his songs. i had to laugh thinking:

1. Kristen is so very right, listening to this you'd think Lindsey is dead

and considering he's still very much alive
  2. how there's no reason whatsoever to go listen to Neil try to honor LB's singing when for 1/10th of the price, in intimate venue, you can go see the original himself!

Old 05-16-2018, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
It is surely Gustav Klimt, he was a famous art nouveau painter that portrayed many hystorical and mythical female characters and one of his distinctive traits is the massive use of gold leaf as accent for details; he is my favourite artist.
Shame on me for not reading further. Thx for the info
Old 05-16-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Shame on me for not reading further. Thx for the info
No problem, you're welcome, however now I wonder if a particular Klimt painting contributed to inspire Gold Dust Woman, I can't help but think of Hygeia with the gold snake.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 05-16-2018 at 06:44 PM..
Old 05-16-2018, 06:43 PM

For Duster (The Blues)

Love this tune!!
Old 05-16-2018, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yesterday i heard again that Neil Finn clip where he talks how much he respects Lindsey and his contributions and how he'll honor his legacy and he'll sing the crap out of his songs. i had to laugh thinking:

1. Kristen is so very right, listening to this you'd think Lindsey is dead

and considering he's still very much alive
  2. how there's no reason whatsoever to go listen to Neil try to honor LB's singing when for 1/10th of the price, in intimate venue, you can go see the original himself!

Makes good sense to me. And to hell with just hearing him sing. I want to hear him PLAY!
Old 05-16-2018, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hearing Neil Finn talk so much is honestly jarring.