User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Despite Mick's reluctance to use the word, something 'ugly' did indeed happen, destroying the Rumours lineup just at the twilight of this band's existence. One would expect that those posting in the Rumours forum would be very upset about the apparent duplicity and backstabbing that took place. It's a real shame how 'ugly' this band has become.

That's not the ugliness I was referring to. I completely appreciate there are feelings of upset and anger as a reaction to Lindsey being fired. I was talking more about the ugliness that other posters mentioned above - the bitching and nastiness that has often been prevalent on here, way before Lindsey being fired.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Can you seriously tell me that he looks happy in this picture?

Attachment 13096
There were definite signs that all was not well within the band

I hope they'll be happier apart.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Oh come on...

Backstabbing?

It’s not like Lindsey was happy in the band anymore. Yes, he was counting on it, but it’s not like Fleetwood Mac was something he was really passionate about doing. Not after LBCM. There were disagreements over setlists, his lack of enthusiasm at Classic West matched his grab the money and run comment, and he was planning a concurrent tour. I can’t think of any other band where that would fly, and I won’t hold Fleetwood Mac to a different standard.

Attachment 13096
Hahahaha!! That was funny... Maybe that's when she said.. Ima get you fired Lindsey!! You're gonna need a sugar daddy!!
Old 05-10-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
That's not the ugliness I was referring to. I completely appreciate there are feelings of upset and anger as a reaction to Lindsey being fired. I was talking more about the ugliness that other posters mentioned above - the bitching and nastiness that has often been prevalent on here, way before Lindsey being fired.
Thanks MoonSister..

that's why I wanna keep the thread on topic and not about political or social issues that scream... "Danger Will Robinson!!""
Old 05-10-2018, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Thanks MoonSister..

that's why I wanna keep the thread on topic and not about political or social issues that scream... "Danger Will Robinson!!""
That's ok - I hope the explanation helped

Ok, back to the price drops...
Old 05-10-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
That's ok - I hope the explanation helped

Ok, back to the price drops...
So how about that Carol Anne book?? just kidding...

Back to our regularly Stevie Mick bashing programs...
Old 05-10-2018, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Back to our regularly Stevie Mick bashing programs...
I would expect no more or less, given the concrete evidence here on the Ledge that Stevie and Mick are both evil plotters ....

now really, back to the price drops - anyone have any news on the price drops?!
Old 05-10-2018, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Oh come on...

Backstabbing?

It’s not like Lindsey was happy in the band anymore. Yes, he was counting on it, but it’s not like Fleetwood Mac was something he was really passionate about doing. Not after LBCM. There were disagreements over setlists, his lack of enthusiasm at Classic West matched his grab the money and run comment, and he was planning a concurrent tour. I can’t think of any other band where that would fly, and I won’t hold Fleetwood Mac to a different standard.

Attachment 13096
There's a lot of people who aren't 100% thrilled with their jobs who still wouldn't apprecite being fired from them, especially in an underhanded way.

Not to mention it's not black and white. You can be unhappy about certain aspects of your job and find others very gratifying.

Out of all the ways to justify the firing, "It will make Lindsey happy" is probably the weakest.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
There's a lot of people who aren't 100% thrilled with their jobs who still wouldn't apprecite being fired from them, especially in an underhanded way.

Not to mention it's not black and white. You can be unhappy about certain aspects of your job and find others very gratifying.

Out of all the ways to justify the firing, "It will make Lindsey happy" is probably the weakest.
His happiness, or unhappiness to be more accurate, is only relevant when it starts affecting his performances and his attitude towards what he’s giving to the band. Lindsey stopped being able to hide his unhappiness, and that can become a cancer in a situation like Fleetwood Mac. I actually respect that he couldn’t hide it, but I can also see why the others wouldn’t want to deal with it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-10-2018, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

100% agree.
Yes it's no secret Lindsey didn't enjoy the Classic shows. They were just two shows and given his stance on becoming an "oldies act" it's not hard to see why he didn't like them, as it was probably the most shameless money grab/oldies gig there was. But he was his great usual source of energy on the last tour as well as the Buckingham McVie tour and it has been confirmed that he wanted to tour and was looking forward to it. Especially if he thought he could do his solo shows at the same time to let his 'artist' side have its outlet.
He's obviously not happy at all about this. Look at the reaction from his family.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
His happiness, or unhappiness to be more accurate, is only relevant when it starts affecting his performances and his attitude towards what he’s giving to the band. Lindsey stopped being able to hide his unhappiness, and that can become a cancer in a situation like Fleetwood Mac. I actually respect that he couldn’t hide it, but I can also see why the others wouldn’t want to deal with it.
Aside from the Classic shows-- TWO shows, literally just two pretty cheesy oldies shows with the Eagles and Journey and whoever else it was-- Lindsey has always been a great ball of energy when performing with FM, he was even he only mostly wanting to make a new album. I highly doubt he was so 'unhappy' in the band.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
How do you know his unhappiness started affecting his performances? You state this as if it's proven fact.

All you have is this:

1) In the opinion of some fans, he did not play as well as usual at two performances (BTW, I think people should watch his performance and see for themselves before repeating someone else's assessment of his playing that night).

2) Prior to these performances, in one interview, he stated that he was only doing these two performances for money.

#1 is a matter of opinion. Not everyone even agrees this is true.

Even if #1 were true, declaring that it must be caused by #2 is a logical fallacy:

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

In reality, there are many other things that could have affected his playing that night (if it was affected). You cannot state definitively it was due to his unhappiness with the situation, unless you are a mind reader. Consider that before you proffer it as justification for his firing.

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-10-2018 at 01:53 PM..
Old 05-10-2018, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There have been plenty of shows where Stevie was going through the motions and was very clear she was not hiding her unhappiness. If that's a criterion for firing, girlfriend could have been given her walking papers a while ago.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey wanted to be in a CREATIVE band NOT a freaking cash grab oldies act. The ONLY person that stopped that is STEVIE.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
There have been plenty of shows where Stevie was going through the motions and was very clear she was not hiding her unhappiness. If that's a criterion for firing, girlfriend could have been given her walking papers a while ago.
i know!

what a ridiculous argument. unlike at her solo dates, most of her fans said how much she hated FM tours and was practically a zombie at many of the FM tour dates. but LB not looking at SN during GYOW at one of the Classics is considered him slacking off and a firing offense? yes. makes perfect sense.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"