The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sure Lindsey will be fine. Like Jimmy Iovine said, he's as talented as anyone could ever be and it seems like he really loves going out in support of his solo projects. Plus, he's not stupid. I once read something where someone said Lindsey always had a knack for seeing how certain things would play out before they happened. Maybe he saw this coming?

I think the rest of the band are the ones to think about. How will the tour go? They're gonna need to seriously drop those prices consider the terrible ticket sales so far. And how about the guilt? I can just imagine a few years down the line how much this is gonna tug at Stevie.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Part of me is still pissed off and OUTRAGED over The Mac's decision to FIRE Lindsey.

Part of me foolishly suspects that this is part of some grand scheme to give Lindsey and The Mac a few years apart....A trial separation of sorts. All setting the stage for a GRAND Rumours 5 REUNION/FAREWELL Tour in 2021-2022 that will send ticket sales through the roof. Perhaps Buckingham is "in on it". Maybe they just want to recreate the enthusiasm of "The Dance". What better way to do that than to have Buckingham "go his own way" for a spell?

I know, wishful thinking.

#WhoAreYouPeople?
Not at their age. That would be really stupid. Let's hold off and get together when we are 80? Not what is going on here.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He could do another OMS tour. Hell, he could do it right and not have the karaoke background tracks. Just him playing solo acoustic guitar. Arrangements stripped to their very basics. It would be amazing, it would be his most artistic statement ever, and he could make a profit.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-09-2018, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the plausible outcome is post Christmas/Spring tour.....likely a One Man Show, heavy backing tracks
Old 05-09-2018, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
He could do another OMS tour. Hell, he could do it right and not have the karaoke background tracks. Just him playing solo acoustic guitar. Arrangements stripped to their very basics. It would be amazing, it would be his most artistic statement ever, and he could make a profit.
I LOVE this idea
Old 05-09-2018, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I loved the album, loved the show---pains me to say it, but I am more ticked off by Christine than anyone else. I also think she needs him (or FM) more than he needs her (I know that sounds harsh--musically I love her, but her time away from the band has taken it's toll--I think that's fair to say)
What I'd love is FM to come crawling back to HIM after this disaster rolls thru the US, and tell Mick to shove a drumstick up his...... That's what I would love.
I know. I think Christine has become somewhat frail, and you're right, she needs him far more than the other way around.

I'll never get over her not standing up for him.

If Lindsey is half the man I hope he is, he'll never go back. F*ck them for letting this be how the legacy ends. Going back is accepting that this was okay. F*ck them.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I would love this....would be amazing
Old 05-09-2018, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

If Lindsey is half the man I hope he is, he'll never go back.
I feel the same.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'll never get over her not standing up for him.
Who’s to say she didn’t? However, he was voted off the island before they even told her about it. I’m sure she was not happy with any of them, and probably made that very clear under no uncertain terms.

But what’s she supposed to do? Leave the band again? And then what? Stay at home while all the legalities are worked out, losing more of whatever precious time she has left? And, it’s not like she doesn’t have her loyalties and allegiances with them, too.

She was put in a very awkward situation. I at least respect that she’s said nothing but glowing things about Lindsey in the wake of all this and isn’t throwing him under the bus. She’s made it clear that she wasn’t part of the decision and wasn’t happy about it, but is trying to make the best of the situation.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-09-2018, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I'm sure Lindsey will be fine. Like Jimmy Iovine said, he's as talented as anyone could ever be and it seems like he really loves going out in support of his solo projects. Plus, he's not stupid. I once read something where someone said Lindsey always had a knack for seeing how certain things would play out before they happened. Maybe he saw this coming?

I think the rest of the band are the ones to think about. How will the tour go? They're gonna need to seriously drop those prices consider the terrible ticket sales so far. And how about the guilt? I can just imagine a few years down the line how much this is gonna tug at Stevie.
When do you think they announce/make a decision on taking this boondoggle global?
Old 05-09-2018, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
I think the plausible outcome is post Christmas/Spring tour.....likely a One Man Show, heavy backing tracks
no. i want his solo tour THIS fall, with the band. Best Of. as he had planned (and that's already pushed back from the original solo tour dates which were supposed to be happening now).

next spring he can tour the album of new music that he planned to release in Jan 2019, with added angry tracks about current situation. OMS would be great i loved OMS better than with the band actually.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-09-2018, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When do you think they announce/make a decision on taking this boondoggle global?
i'm hoping that John and Christine will walk after the spring US leg. like Christine did after the Dance.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-09-2018, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm hoping that John and Christine will walk after the spring US leg. like Christine did after the Dance.
If ticket sales stay like they are now, and reviews are not of the OWTS caliber--I don't think this goes global...if this is their farewell tour......wah wah.

Where are all the insiders now to tell us how rehearsals are going? Or to tell us if Neil has learned "Go Your Own Way" or "World is Turning" yet...lol
Old 05-09-2018, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sure they'll announce some ticket discounts soon enough. They have to or they're going to seriously run the risk of playing half empty arenas. I don't know what they thought, they're going to fire a critical member and then expect people to pay more?
Old 05-09-2018, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I'm sure they'll announce some ticket discounts soon enough. They have to or they're going to seriously run the risk of playing half empty arenas. I don't know what they thought, they're going to fire a critical member and then expect people to pay more?
The deserve nothing more then to go out with an absolute failure. That's what they deserve.