User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-07-2018, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The BuckVie album sounds great. Carnival Begin and Feel About You.. stunning..
I was stunned by Feel About You too if you mean like getting shot with a taser.

Old 05-07-2018, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And his songs on SYW minus WTWCT... are a bit daring.
Back off! That's my favorite song on the clunker that is SYW.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's quite pathetic, to be honest. You fired someone because of an ultimatum and business issues (logistics/branding/marketing) that followed. All this so you could continue to sign and tour for millions of dollars. That's what happened.

Stop painting it like it's a new band that you're excited to offer the fans.

Luckily for Mick, he knows most of the fans don't care who plays in the band. They want hits. The promoters want hits. $tevie Nick$ will twirl, he'll make faces and they will do this all behind the mask. (pun intended). They will even package the blues FMac in there for the die hard that might be swayed.

What's glaring to me.. and not mentioned often... Is the fact that they mentioned possibly recording with this line-up. That screams of $tevie's hatred of working with Buckingham. And of course her pointed comment about not playing pre-B/N tunes due to a certain member. (classless as usual $tevie)

On a positive note: I'm glad we got BuckVie. I think it's an amazing little album. It demonstrated just how good the four instrumentalists are as a core, and as a team. The chemistry is still there and very tight.

But at what cost. For those of you that believe $tevie was bothered by them doing this album, I agree 100%. There were a few quotes both from $tevie and McVie about her feelings on the album. Christine said something like, "I played it for her and she liked it." And then said something sarcastic. $tevie said she certainly didn't understand the premise. And went into her album $ales speech.

And this is going to sound a bit crazy; but, I didn't see any excitement in Mick during the BuckVie documentary. I heard the words coming out his mouth about how amazing it was for those two to be recording together.. but my spidey sense detected he was a bit uncomfortable with it.

I will say he and John sound amazing on the record. The more I listen to this record, the more I admire it's brevity and sparse arrangements. The vocals are superb and very pleasing to my ears. The two of them singing the chorus on Love Is Here To Stay still gives me old FM goose bumps. And even the cheesy Feel About You gets my judgey friends singing the chorus.

I hope we see more of Lindsey Buckingham. He certainly led the charge in doing what wasn't expected of him. Putting his art before the almighty dollar. And as much as I loved As Long As You Follow and BTM. The wind from the classic line-up dried up eventually and we got the Time album and FMac was dying on the vine. Both financially and in terms of a band with chemistry. At least when LB came back, the nostolgia carried them into validity. And his songs on SYW minus WTWCT... are a bit daring.
Really well said!
But for what it's worth, I really don't think they're going to actually record new music. They just said that because they say a lot of things and Stevie is going to be bitter about Lindsey for the rest of her life so she wants to throw a dig in there, but I doubt it'll actually happen. When would they even work on it? After this tour finishes? And then after that hypothetical album is finished, by the time it comes out, by the time they agree to tour again for it they'll all be in their mid 70s and Christine will be nearly 80. I still think that this tour is basically going to be the 'end' of Fleetwood Mac.
And I totally agree with what you said about the Buckingham McVie album. I can't believe there are people who think Stevie wasn't bothered by it. She didn't want to record with him as a producer but I'm sure it never occurred to her that Lindsey would just go 'fine' and then put out an album like that with someone else, least of all Christine. I know it was a long time ago but she literally said that if it wasn't for the fact that she knew Chris would never want to cause problems for her and Lindsey, she would have had to quit the band because she couldn't have been able to deal with Lindsey working on music like that with someone else. She said it was arguably the worst moment for her in the band.
Personally, I believe that that album, as well as her issues in dealing with grief for TP, are the two main things that finally broke the camel's back for her.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Back off! That's my favorite song on the clunker that is SYW.
I said daring....

and that song clunks... listen to it.. the intro.. clunk.. clunk...clunk.. clunk...

just like Lay Down For Free.. starts with a clunk... lol
Old 05-07-2018, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I said daring....

and that's song clunks... listen to it.. the intro.. clunk.. clunk...clunk.. clunk...

LDFF is my least favorite song on BV, because it sounds like a dumb machine, not Dick playing. I love the dumbs on WTWCT, because it's Dick playing.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Really well said!
But for what it's worth, I really don't think they're going to actually record new music. They just said that because they say a lot of things and Stevie is going to be bitter about Lindsey for the rest of her life so she wants to throw a dig in there, but I doubt it'll actually happen. When would they even work on it? After this tour finishes? And then after that hypothetical album is finished, by the time it comes out, by the time they agree to tour again for it they'll all be in their mid 70s and Christine will be nearly 80. I still think that this tour is basically going to be the 'end' of Fleetwood Mac.
And I totally agree with what you said about the Buckingham McVie album. I can't believe there are people who think Stevie wasn't bothered by it. She didn't want to record with him as a producer but I'm sure it never occurred to her that Lindsey would just go 'fine' and then put out an album like that with someone else, least of all Christine. I know it was a long time ago but she literally said that if it wasn't for the fact that she knew Chris would never want to cause problems for her and Lindsey, she would have had to quit the band because she couldn't have been able to deal with Lindsey working on music like that with someone else. She said it was arguably the worst moment for her in the band.
Personally, I believe that that album, as well as her issues in dealing with grief for TP, are the two main things that finally broke the camel's back for her.
I thought that was pretty classless for her to say. Plus, the pre B/N comment. She has no idea how lucky she is that people can tolerate her hoarse voice.

I do agree that all their voices have really faded.. and that's part of life.. But even on recording she's like nails on a chalk board to me.

I saw three BuckVie shows and Christine was pretty bad in one show. Great in the next. Her pitch problems were rubbing on my nerves. But she still does sing a wider range. YMLF is just a tad out of her reach now.. But she goes for it.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I was stunned by Feel About You too if you mean like getting shot with a taser.
LOL... I said something similar about Crash by Stevie.. So, I really know what you mean..

Feel About You .. there's something about when you're sitting by the pool and have a champagne buzz that makes it really fun...
Old 05-07-2018, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=jbrownsjr;1227074]LOL... I said something similar about Crash by Stevie.. So, I really know what you mean..

Or Free Falling or Silent night or most of her vocals during the Rock a little era...
Old 05-07-2018, 09:20 PM

[QUOTE=secondhandchain;1227075]
Quote:
LOL... I said something similar about Crash by Stevie.. So, I really know what you mean..

Or Free Falling or Silent night or most of her vocals during the Rock a little era...
The Crash from that soundstage is sooooo bad... I cringe.. They played it on Sirius and I'd forgotten how bad it was.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I said daring....

and that song clunks... listen to it.. the intro.. clunk.. clunk...clunk.. clunk...

that was my only problem with a couple of the songs. I was like "is that Mick or a drum machine????" Because it sounded like a drum machine.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
that was my only problem with a couple of the songs. I was like "is that Mick or a drum machine????" Because it sounded like a drum machine.
And to lead the album off with that piece of crap after he said he wanted to be more masculine because there was less women. rolls eyes...
Old 05-07-2018, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And to lead the album off with that piece of crap after he said he wanted to be more masculine because there was less women. rolls eyes...
I liked that song.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I liked that song.
Thank you!

Hush it, John!
Old 05-08-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Thank you!

Hush it, John!
It's garbage.. and to lead the album off with that piece of dung is a sin...

There, I said my piece. Now everyone can report me. lol clunk clunk clunk....

They should have led with The Second Time.. now that's a pleasant song!! "she never could baaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh...."

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-08-2018 at 07:12 AM..
Old 05-08-2018, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's garbage.. and to lead the album off with that piece of dung is a sin...

There, I said my piece. Now everyone can report me. lol clunk clunk clunk....

They should have led with The Second Time.. now that's a pleasant song!! "she never could baaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh...."
It's the best song on a very crappy, depressing album!

And for the record,... I've been thinking about this for the past month....,I want my 10,000th post here to include the words, Old Goat Breath.