User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Why not? I'm sorry but I have a right to call out something the way I see it.

As do we all to an extent, bearing in mind other's feelings though, and use tactful, nuanced approaches? Just saying?

Old 05-04-2018, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Why not? I'm sorry but I have a right to call out something the way I see it.
It's not pathetic for us fans to be upset about LB's firing. After all we are on a FLEETWOOD MAC message board. If ANY place in the world is appropriate for venting about his firing THIS is the place. Is it that big a deal in the scheme of things? No. I'm not a big fan of a lot of things. I live in LA, NEVER ask for autographs etc... But I have loved this band since I'm 15 and this makes me sad that these rich a holes couldn't finish it all out on a high note.

Last edited by secondhandchain; 05-04-2018 at 12:14 AM..
Old 05-04-2018, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Take comfort in knowing the people on this board (and on social media)
represent a tiny tiny fraction of the smallest percentage of fans.

Most of these people are forgetting that the band has long passed their 30s 40s 50s and 60s.
They are well into retirement age and would never tour unless its fun.
They are all loaded.

But look who we put in the White House. Our culture is steeped in hate and narcissism and blame. Dont pay attention to the hateful narcissistic behavior. Fans who behave this way are always going to be this way - with or without Lindsey, itll always be about them and their needs.
Ignore it and enjoy the music. Mike Campbells playing is jaw droppingly amazing.
The shows will sell out.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How is anything I'm saying hateful? I didn't call anybody a name (i was called pathetic) and am voicing my opinions on big FM news. What you are saying is that only people who are happy about it should be able to voice their opinion? Isn't that the same thing? Worrying about their own need to feel happy about it?
Old 05-04-2018, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
It's not pathetic for us fans to be upset about LB's firing. After all we are on a FLEETWOOD MAC message board. If ANY place in the world is appropriate for venting about his firing THIS is the place. Is it not that big a deal in the scheme of things? No. I'm not a big fan of a lot of things. I live in LA, NEVER ask for autographs etc... But I have loved this band since I'm 15 and this makes me sad that these rich a holes couldn't finish it all out on a high note.
I agree with every word you wrote. This is the sh*ttiest end to the legacy that any of us could have imagined.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a forum about the "Rumours" band and the five people who comprised it and they have fired one of their own for what is appearing to be no good reason but vindictiveness.If people posting about their feelings about this bothers you then just don't respond.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
This is a forum about the "Rumours" band and the five people who comprised it and they have fired one of their own for what is appearing to be no good reason but vindictiveness.If people posting about their feelings about this bothers you then just don't respond.
EXACTLY. Better yet go over to the POST RUMOURS board. There is way less venting over there and it should be very happy talk about the new line up. This is about the Rumours line up which just got destroyed so....we talk about it.

Last edited by secondhandchain; 05-04-2018 at 12:26 AM..
Old 05-04-2018, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Condolences all around to everyone who has suffered personal losses. What has happened to this band is yet another loss for those of us who are fans of the Rumours lineup. Whats truly pathetic is that in the twilight stage of their careers, rather than going out with class by either patching things up or disbanding, they chose to fire (yes, its an ugly word but its the truth) their most musically creative member.

What a wasted opportunity to have Christine McVie rejoin the band only to have band members be forced to go to great lengths to disassociate newly recorded music from the label 'Fleetwood Mac' simply because one member refused to participate. Now this same member seems to be the likely catalyst for Lindsey being ousted from the band. Its clear that money and/or vengeance, not music, is the driving force for certain key members of this band.

FFS, even the members of ABBA have finally patched things up, recorded new music, and are going out on tour!

Old 05-04-2018, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Condolences all around to everyone who has suffered personal losses. What has happened to this band is yet another loss for those of us who are fans of the Rumours lineup. Whats truly pathetic is that in the twilight stage of their careers, rather than going out with class by either patching things up or disbanding, they chose to fire (yes, its an ugly word but its the truth) their most musically creative member.

What a wasted opportunity to have Christine McVie rejoin the band only to have band members be forced to go to great lengths to disassociate newly recorded music from the label 'Fleetwood Mac' simply because one member refused to participate. Now this same member seems to be the likely catalyst for Lindsey being ousted from the band. Its clear that money and/or vengeance, not music, is the driving force for certain key members of this band.

FFS, even the members of ABBA have finally patched things up, recorded new music, and are going out on tour!
Very well said! And yes LB is non stop musically creative. He shaped the sound that make FM break IMO. What he did to their songs production wise is what made them stand out. No one sounded like them.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Yeah, to call other people pathetic over and over again because they come here to vent their frustration over the band legacy and Lindseys firing is also kinda pathetic
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Yeah, to call other people pathetic over and over again because they come here to vent their frustration over the band legacy and Lindseys firing is also kinda pathetic
There's quite of a lot of double standards going on in this forum lately. It's not ok to call someone pathetic (and I understand that point), but it's ok to call other posters "Children of Stevie - they are out of their cells walking again" - and that is perfectly fine?

Confusing!?!?
Old 05-04-2018, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for your post BellaSoprano71. I agree with much of what you say, and my condolences to you and your family during this very difficult time.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post

It is a hologram tour. I think I'd keel over in shock if Agnetha , one of the more reluctant megastars in pop history would agree to tour live at 68 when she loathed it in her twenties.I can't wait to hear the new ABBA songs though.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
There's quite of a lot of double standards going on in this forum lately. It's not ok to call someone pathetic (and I understand that point), but it's ok to call other posters "Children of Stevie - they are out of their cells walking again" - and that is perfectly fine?

Confusing!?!?
I never called one person a name.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
There's quite of a lot of double standards going on in this forum lately. It's not ok to call someone pathetic (and I understand that point),
Quote:
but it's ok to call other posters "Children of Stevie - they are out of their cells walking again"
- and that is perfectly fine?

Confusing!?!?
Dang it!!!! I missed that post! But I'm sure I'd be a fan of the author's work!