Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
[/B]

I think he was also part of the band during Musicares.
i didn't know that about Taku, and nobody who was there conveyed that.i thought it was their regular backup touring band. do you have any pics where he's visible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Jimmy has been touring with Ben Harper for the past few months, and they have dates booked through October, so I'm 99% sure he's not involved.
he is.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-10-2018, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=elle;1236292]i didn't know that about Taku, and nobody who was there conveyed that.i thought it was their regular backup touring band. do you have any pics where he's visible?

I saw pics/video on his IG page from the event--one specifically stands out where he tours the stage with all of the drum kits during rehearsal--and points to his own (as well as Mick's and a few others). I am not in a place where can check now--will do so when I get home.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Storms123;1236298]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i didn't know that about Taku, and nobody who was there conveyed that.i thought it was their regular backup touring band. do you have any pics where he's visible?

I saw pics/video on his IG page from the event--one specifically stands out where he tours the stage with all of the drum kits during rehearsal--and points to his own (as well as Mick's and a few others). I am not in a place where can check now--will do so when I get home.
ah ok, right: he was part of the house band. but didn't perform with Fleetwood Mac.

View this post on Instagram

A serious whirlwind weekend, as you see from the bags under my eyes, but I made it and survived! Friday morning rehearsals (NYC); Friday night MusicCares show at Radio City Music Hall performing with Miley Cyrus, Lorde, Keith Urban, Alison Krauss, Juanes, Little Big Town and Brandi Carlisle; Saturday morning flight to San Diego/rehearsal; Saturday night "Roots of Rhythm" jazz series concert at San Diego Symphony Hall; Sunday morning drive to Anaheim for NAMM Show and all-day/evening endorsement meetings. About 8 hours of sleep total over 2-1/2 days, hence the daze. 😩💪 ☆ 🥁 ☆ www.TAKUpercussion.com #TakuHirano #percussionist @meinlpercussion #percussion #drummer #TryAndKeepUp #taku

A post shared by Taku Hirano 🐙🥁 ☯️ (@takuhirano) on

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-10-2018, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

wow didn't know Lindsey played Ryman on UTS tour - would have loved to see ANY show there, let alone LB!!

Old 09-10-2018, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
thanks again for bringing this up - a treasure trove of pics from Musicares plus others on his IG, really enjoyed looking through!

Old 09-10-2018, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=elle;1236299][QUOTE=Storms123;1236298]

ah ok, right: he was part of the house band. but didn't perform with Fleetwood Mac.

Yes apologies--I meant the House band, not FM
Old 09-11-2018, 01:30 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

he is.
So Jimmy Paxson is confirmed? He was absolutely killer on the Buck/ Mcvie tour.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is Jimmy confirmed? Apart from Lindsey's tweet stating, "most" of the guys from the buck/vie tour. He finishes with Ben Harper mid-September, and rehearsals have started unless he will join halfway through?
Old 09-16-2018, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope he adds a woman’s voice to his touring band. Someone that can add some rich harmonies.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Is Jimmy confirmed? Apart from Lindsey's tweet stating, "most" of the guys from the buck/vie tour. He finishes with Ben Harper mid-September, and rehearsals have started unless he will join halfway through?
I could be snarky about the way Linds uses drums and drummers in his live shows and how much rehearsal is necessary for 'playing' along to recorded tracks, but.... (and that's NOT a dig at Jimmy, but rather at LB)
Old 09-16-2018, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post
So Jimmy Paxson is confirmed? He was absolutely killer on the Buck/ Mcvie tour.
confirmed here (read the comments) -

View this post on Instagram

Back to work Paxson... Back at it, no day off.

A post shared by Jimmy Paxson (@jimmypaxson) on