The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Getting Stevie "on board" with recording is as easy as letting LB know that the rest of the band has decided to let Stevie have creative control of her FM songs...It's that simple...Step aside Lindsey and let Mama bring the greatness of her last two albums into the FM sound...Lindsey has ruled the band long enough time let Stevie do her thing...Who knows the songs might actually be good...
Old 10-14-2014, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
How is Stevie a driving force in FM? Lindsey, Mick and John have always been game and they've always had to depend whether Stevie was up for it or not. As for as productivity goes she holds them back, no question.

Lindsey, Christine, Mick and John laid down 7 or 8 tracks...or however many they said it was.....in only 2 months of work. That's mostly Christine's new songs. Lindsey has already recording the bulk of his material from before.
I meant to say on touring.

Yes I agree .the rest of Mac are piecing their work together on the Mac's album as Stevie was getting her 24K put together.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-14-2014, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Getting Stevie "on board" with recording is as easy as letting LB know that the rest of the band has decided to let Stevie have creative control of her FM songs...It's that simple...Step aside Lindsey and let Mama bring the greatness of her last two albums into the FM sound...Lindsey has ruled the band long enough time let Stevie do her thing...Who knows the songs might actually be good...
Yes I agree.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Exactly. Anyone doubting that can read the reviews for 24k and you'll see she's definitely not in decline. If anything, it's the opposite.

As far as her recording with Fleetwood Mac goes, I hope she doesn't. That way maybe she could do a 24k tour and pound out another solo album before she's 70. I don't think Fleetwood Mac needs her to be successful at all, especially since Christine's back. Fleetwood Mac has been through variations of itself many times and survived. Maybe there can be a new version without Stevie. I'm all for it.

Jamie
Got a point there.

I rather see her promote her 24K on a solo tour then FM touring with no new tunes in 2015.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If the argument comes down to who gets creative control, then why not let Christine make some of the decisions? She's the one who came back with some material and has also provided the band with the most Top 40 records.

Honestly speaking, if all of this even has a sparkle of truth in it, Stevie's doing nothing but hurting her own image. She's had two albums in the past 5 years of her own material and the band wants another album (possible a final one). They're not getting any younger, who knows how long they'll continue touring for and on top of that, Stevie doesn't even seem really bothered to write any new material seeing as she rushed out an album of oldies.

The problem with this is, I don't think the rest of the band has any problem with Lindsey's creative vision for the band. Some of his ideas don't end up making it (Double album in 2003, anyone?) but who can ever honestly say they have a 100% track record?

Stevie's out of excuses. Apparently, she was hesitant about giving new material to the Mac for an album because of sales worries (is that correct?) yet turned around and rushed out a new solo album. I'm sorry, what? If she's over that now, then it's time to put up or shut up. I was having a discussion with a customer just this morning at my CD store I manage and he bought The Dance CD because he and his wife said they are going to try to see them in Greensboro. He asked if there was any word on a new album and I said no, rumor has it there are complications and Stevie possible may not be on board for it. His response? "Seriously? After McVie came back and everything? Well **** her then, miss high and mighty."
Old 10-14-2014, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
If the argument comes down to who gets creative control, then why not let Christine make some of the decisions? She's the one who came back with some material and has also provided the band with the most Top 40 records.

Honestly speaking, if all of this even has a sparkle of truth in it, Stevie's doing nothing but hurting her own image. She's had two albums in the past 5 years of her own material and the band wants another album (possible a final one). They're not getting any younger, who knows how long they'll continue touring for and on top of that, Stevie doesn't even seem really bothered to write any new material seeing as she rushed out an album of oldies.

The problem with this is, I don't think the rest of the band has any problem with Lindsey's creative vision for the band. Some of his ideas don't end up making it (Double album in 2003, anyone?) but who can ever honestly say they have a 100% track record?

Stevie's out of excuses. Apparently, she was hesitant about giving new material to the Mac for an album because of sales worries (is that correct?) yet turned around and rushed out a new solo album. I'm sorry, what? If she's over that now, then it's time to put up or shut up. I was having a discussion with a customer just this morning at my CD store I manage and he bought The Dance CD because he and his wife said they are going to try to see them in Greensboro. He asked if there was any word on a new album and I said no, rumor has it there are complications and Stevie possible may not be on board for it. His response? "Seriously? After McVie came back and everything? Well **** her then, miss high and mighty."

Exactly. They don't need Miss High and Mighty to sell records or tickets. They can go back to being a blues band with occasional rockers from Lindsey.

Last edited by jkmaletic; 10-14-2014 at 04:19 PM..
Old 10-14-2014, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
His response? "Seriously? After McVie came back and everything? Well **** her then, miss high and mighty."
I wanna buy him a drink!!!!
Old 10-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You people sure are cracking me up!

There should be a "sits back on the sidelines eating popcorn whilst shifting eyes from one person to another" emoticon! So much drama here!

Like I've said MANY TIMES on the forum, only 5 PEOPLE really know the truth of what's going on with the future of the band...

...and none of them are on this message board.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
You people sure are cracking me up!

There should be a "sits back on the sidelines eating popcorn whilst shifting eyes from one person to another" emoticon! So much drama here!

Like I've said MANY TIMES on the forum, only 5 PEOPLE really know the truth of what's going on with the future of the band...

...and none of them are on this message board.
Word.

I'm normally not so sarcastic but this board brings it out in me.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
??? ...... Stevie just released one of her best solo albums in 30 years. .....

Wow. I assume the people who believe this also believe her "performance" at the BMI award show was wonderful.

I was just pointing out that her glitter is fading, people are not thrilled by her anymore, she is going down in flames and her fans are applauding. I can't figure out if her PR "spin doctors" are trying to do damage control on this board by defending her flops or her fans are defending an empty space or a little of both.

FM will survive with or without her.

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Getting Stevie "on board" with recording is as easy as letting LB know that the rest of the band has decided to let Stevie have creative control of her FM songs...
Ugh. I sure hope that's not what it takes. My copy of 24 Karat Gold finally arrived today and I listened to it excitedly... and was pretty unimpressed (except for maybe "Lady" and a couple others). I know it's getting some good reviews, but man, it sure sounds stuck in the '80s to me. And I LIKED In Your Dreams decently enough. Such a shame. I hope FM doesn't feel the need to kowtow to the whims of Stevie -- or ANY one of its members, for that matter. Almost all of them have acted like divas at one point or another, but the age of the big-ego diva is behind us, thankfully. I hope Stevie can put the self-centeredness aside and think about the great music that could be made TOGETHER.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post

I was just pointing out that her glitter is fading, people are not thrilled by her anymore, she is going down in flames and her fans are applauding. I can't figure out if her PR "spin doctors" are trying to do damage control on this board by defending her flops or her fans are defending an empty space or a little of both.

FM will survive with or without her.
Again, still don't know why you're saying that her "glitter is fading," and that she's "going down in flames" - or what either of those phrases means in this context. People can and do differ as to the quality of her most recent album (many like me think it's a career standout), but objectively speaking, I truly do not understand how she is somehow at a career lowpoint. It's simply not true.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
Again, still don't know why you're saying that her "glitter is fading," and that she's "going down in flames" - or what either of those phrases means in this context. People can and do differ as to the quality of her most recent album (many like me think it's a career standout), but objectively speaking, I truly do not understand how she is somehow at a career lowpoint. It's simply not true.
Again, exactly.

MOST reviews and fan reviews of 24k have been very positive, and that's just the truth. This does not equate "going down in flames" by any means.

In case there's any question, I am not one of the "Spin Doctors". In fact, I doubt she has any. Her management team isn't smart enough to think of something like that.

Jamie
Old 10-14-2014, 05:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Do they still have a deal with Warners/Reprise/other?

I really think they would need all five involved to have any chance of success. They're never going to shift huge numbers anymore, but that said you see the likes of Rod Stewart and others in their age bracket doing pretty well.

Sales aren't the be all and end all for them now, and as long as it's a good album that's all that really matters - but with decent promotion they could still do ok (hence people being annoyed at the Glastonbury news!).
Old 10-14-2014, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

A lot of speculation, accusations, and finger-pointing in this thread, despite the fact that this is all based on something Mick allegedly said. And, even if he did say something regarding the new album and Stevie's participation, without knowledge of his exact wording, we have no idea if this "Stevie's not on board" comment being attributed to him is even accurate.

For what it's worth, either Christine or Lindsey (I'm blanking on which) said just a couple of months ago, that Stevie has "assured" the band that she will be ready and available to participate in the album once they're ready to resume recording after the tour.

That quote was directly attributed. So I'm much more inclined to believe it than this latest rumored B.S.