User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2019, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
THAT is what really, really bugs me. You don't act that way, like a cold b*tch, with someone you supposedly love.

She has to follow Stevie and Mick's "orders"? Fine. She has to promote the new guys in the band? Fine. But who was preventing her from answering his e-mails and phone calls, especially after his heart attack? There's NO excuse for her pathetic behavior. No excuse.

And her "unnecesary" happy, happy comments? Yeah, twist the knife a bit more, Christine. Because he's not hurt enough
This was the final straw for me with Chris.

I was completely willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe because she emailed him as he said, maybe because I wanted at least 1 of them to have some morals or good graces.

Then he hears nothing from any of them....so WHY, FOR GODS SAKE DO YOU NOT REACH OUT TO HIM AFTER HIS HEALTH ISSUE?????????????????????????????

Come on Chris, that sucks the big one. You have no credibility or respect left in my eyes.

Which makes me incredibly sad that they all are such a**holes. One thing I keep thinking back to is: Kristen Buckingham spoke the truth.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
This was the final straw for me with Chris.

I was completely willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe because she emailed him as he said, maybe because I wanted at least 1 of them to have some morals or good graces.

Then he hears nothing from any of them....so WHY, FOR GODS SAKE DO YOU NOT REACH OUT TO HIM AFTER HIS HEALTH ISSUE?????????????????????????????

Come on Chris, that sucks the big one. You have no credibility or respect left in my eyes.

Which makes me incredibly sad that they all are such a**holes. One thing I keep thinking back to is: Kristen Buckingham spoke the truth.
The beginning of the end for me was finding out that she is the one who kept Bob Welch out of the R&RHOF. I did my best to (halfway) forgive her for that(you know, after loving her for FORTY years and all).

But this was the final straw for me. She's really no better and old Dick face or the goat.

If you stand by and watch somebody get raped or murdered, without even attempting to help, you ARE complicit!!!!! She and John are just as guilty as the two premium douchebags.

And especially not reaching out after the heart attack. SOULLESS.

Kristen is the best thing that ever happened to him. I pray that under no circumstances would/could/should he ever go back. F*ck them.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by homermcvie View Post
the beginning of the end for me was finding out that she is the one who kept bob welch out of the r&rhof. I did my best to (halfway) forgive her for that(you know, after loving her for forty years and all).

But this was the final straw for me. She's really no better and old dick face or the goat.

if you stand by and watch somebody get raped or murdered, without even attempting to help, you are complicit!!!!! She and john are just as guilty as the two premium douchebags.

And especially not reaching out after the heart attack. Soulless.

Kristen is the best thing that ever happened to him. I pray that under no circumstances would/could/should he ever go back. F*ck them.
100%!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2019, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have always wondered about the RRHOF story. Why would CM care that Bob's Lp sold more then hers? By 84 Bob couldn't get arrested as a singer while she was still going strong. Either way though it is a shame that he isn't in because he saved FM. He deserves to be in.

Last edited by Nicks Fan; 09-23-2019 at 03:49 PM..
Old 09-23-2019, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
The beginning of the end for me was finding out that she is the one who kept Bob Welch out of the R&RHOF. I did my best to (halfway) forgive her for that(you know, after loving her for FORTY years and all).

But this was the final straw for me. She's really no better and old Dick face or the goat.

If you stand by and watch somebody get raped or murdered, without even attempting to help, you ARE complicit!!!!! She and John are just as guilty as the two premium douchebags.

And especially not reaching out after the heart attack. SOULLESS.

Yes, thank you!!!! She's no better than those two. Same with John, but at least he's keeping quiet and not gushing about Stevie.

I doubt they've reached out after his health scare. They have no soul, they don't care about anything but money. I HATE that Lindsey wasted so much time on this people! But that's how he is.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I have always wondered about the RRHOF story. Why would CM care that Bob's Lp sold more then hers? By 84 Bob couldn't get arrested as a singer while she was still going strong. Either way though it is a shame that he isn't in because he saved FM. He deserves to be in.
Because Bob sued them over royalties they were cheating him out of. (Yes, I ended my sentence in a preposition- nothing else sounded right, lol)
That's why Chris was bitter.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And her "unnecesary" happy, happy comments? Yeah, twist the knife a bit more, Christine. Because he's not hurt enough.
Agreed.

But—and this is not a defense—it’s clear this Christine doc is really part of the Mac PR package they’re trying to ship to us. The presence of Mike and Neil, the absence of Lindsey, the out-of-place vignette about the Australia incident, Chris’s stance on the two of them fighting in her driveway, Mike’s comment that things get real when Christine walks onstage (which I agree with but for different reasons)—all of this is meant to undermine Lindsey’s presence and authenticate the current lineup. So, what is ultimately saddest here is that Christine’s spotlight isn’t really hers: it’s a corporate chess move. This is why so little of the doc actually focuses on Christine’s technique as a player and her abilities as a singer. Yes, she’s the “hook queen” who has written great songs for FM, but that is mentioned in the service of touting the band as a still-viable touring act.

The most interesting commentary comes from her Chicken Shack and Blue Horizon affiliates.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Agreed.

But—and this is not a defense—it’s clear this Christine doc is really part of the Mac PR package they’re trying to ship to us. The presence of Mike and Neil, the absence of Lindsey, the out-of-place vignette about the Australia incident, Chris’s stance on the two of them fighting in her driveway, Mike’s comment that things get real when Christine walks onstage (which I agree with but for different reasons)—all of this is meant to undermine Lindsey’s presence and authenticate the current lineup. So, what is ultimately saddest here is that Christine’s spotlight isn’t really hers: it’s a corporate chess move. This is why so little of the doc actually focuses on Christine’s technique as a player and her abilities as a singer. Yes, she’s the “hook queen” who has written great songs for FM, but that is mentioned in the service of touting the band as a still-viable touring act.

The most interesting commentary comes from her Chicken Shack and Blue Horizon affiliates.
The pre 1975 part of the documentary was amazing to watch.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed.

Agreed with all of this. Many out-of-place moments in that documentary. They could've used that time to excel Christine's abilities and technique as a musician and songwriter. But instead.....

And why, oh why, did she let that happen?????? When they were asking her about all those incidents, she obliged and explained them in detail. It's impossible she didn't know their intentions. She's letting Stevie and Mick run her career. And she's losing credibillity as an artist and a human being in the process.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 09-24-2019, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Because Bob sued them over royalties they were cheating him out of. (Yes, I ended my sentence in a preposition- nothing else sounded right, lol)
That's why Chris was bitter.
And that's why she probably became bitter with Lindsey too. Because he also sued them over that damn tour. Because they all have a brain and a heart made of money, that's why.
They don't like to be sued over anything. None of them. A$$holes!
Old 09-24-2019, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And that's why she probably became bitter with Lindsey too. Because he also sued them over that damn tour. Because they all have a brain and a heart made of money, that's why.
In fairness, the two law suits are of a different character. LB was right to sue them for the way the band behaved and any of the Mac members bitter about this would have to be a moron.

Bob was probably legally in the right to sue, as well--but in this case I don't think the Fleetwood and the McVies were intentionally screwing him over. Rather they had renegotiated their contracts with WB and neither they nor the parent company bothered to contact Bob. This callous oversight would be enough to want to make Bob sue. But I suspect, by the early 90s, the band considered their dealings with Bob long since finished. They had helped him launch his solo career; they contributed to his night at the Roxy; they pretty much watched out for him until FM itself imploded in the mid-80s. Yes, Welch deserved more but the band's treatment of him was not malicious or consciously motivated. I think they just pretty much moved on. Inexcusable--but not the same as Lindsey's case. That Christine was furious over Bob's lawsuit shows that none of the pre-75 trio expected it, or thought they deserved this. In fact, a lawsuit from Bob probably seemed like a bizarre echo of the Clifford Davis lawsuit.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The pre 1975 part of the documentary was amazing to watch.
Quote:
Agreed with all of this. Many out-of-place moments in that documentary. They could've used that time to excel Christine's abilities and technique as a musician and songwriter. But instead.....

And why, oh why, did she let that happen?????? When they were asking her about all those incidents, she obliged and explained them in detail. It's impossible she didn't know their intentions. She's letting Stevie and Mick run her career. And she's losing credibillity as an artist and a human being in the process.
Agree with all of this. It is definitely part of them trying to rebuild their brand going forward. Notice it's the first time we've seen Stevie do a sit-down interview in which she talks about anything FM, and certainly the first time we've heard her say his name (she didn't say it in the CBS interview if i recall correctly. She said stuff like 'one member didn't want to tour' etc etc).

Also agree with the negative stories about LB...why put them in the middle of a Chris doc?? I think they told themselves it was part of building the Stevie-Christine as nexus of the band narrative. "See, these two women have been the core all along". And Chris was even there to defend her from nasty man. There is an odd theme of the women having to tolerate bad men-- the whole John getting violent story is in there as well. Is that supposed to make it seem balanced??

This is definitely the first major piece in their clear decision to be more assertive in marketing themselves and rewriting history with a new narrative. It's also not surprising at ALL that they do this at the end of their touring -- they've seen they still sell, but just in case they put it out after most of the tour so it won't create any chatter from all the local reporters etc.

Or maybe Stevie got sick of how Mick was peddling the lies and how NOT well it was being received that she thought, Right, let me show y'all how we're gonna do this....

Somehow when watching it I felt like it was someone throwing a bone to Christine and her not quite recognizing what it's real goal was...
Old 09-24-2019, 01:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not sure there's any evidence to support the claim that Christine has become "bitter with Lindsey" since the lawsuit. After all, she was the only member to reach out to him after it ended.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I keep thinking about this quote, and if she really thought the 5 of them were 'the chain' and one of them leaving (in this case her) was a 'complete bust up' of the chain, of the magical band

She clearly thinks that after she left it wasn't FM, it was really BN plus Mick and John on backup.

How does she then talk out the other side of her mouth and say how great it is to be back and to act like it's the same band??
Sorry, I'm just catching up to everyone's reactions on this, so I'm going back in this thread for this quote, but... Is it possible that that was, subtly, her point? What they're doing now is "great," but it's not the Rumours 5, no matter what anyone else says.

If nothing else Christine is a sly Englishwoman who knows what she's saying/doing. She knows her words carry weight. (In that way, she and Stevie couldn't be more different.) I've been accused of giving Christine too much credit in the past, and I'm happy to be accused of that again on this topic, but it seems to me she's making a point about the Rumours 5 that cuts both ways.

Disclaimer: I'm saying all of this as someone who has not been able to view the doc yet!
Old 09-24-2019, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
I'm not sure there's any evidence to support the claim that Christine has become "bitter with Lindsey" since the lawsuit. After all, she was the only member to reach out to him after it ended.
I'm based on what she said in the documentary. The Auckland incident and what happened at this home during TITN. No need to mention things that have NOTHING to do with an interview about HER life.
If she wanted to talk about Lindsey, she could have mentioned how he's doing now. But maybe she has no idea at all....