Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default SN: Chemistry Real Now, Fake in 2009

[All comments we've heard before, but I assume this is from the new Mojo interview]

Virgin Media, 11/2/2013

http://www.virginmedia.com/music/new...mac-have-real/

Fleetwood Mac singer Stevie Nicks insists her chemistry with Lindsey Buckingham is real.

The 'Landslide' hitmaker admits the bond between the pair has been ''fake'' during performances on previous tours but they are now as close as they were when we first met.

Stevie, 65, told Mojo Magazine: ''My cousin John has known Lindsey and I since 1968.

''He told me, ''When I saw you and Lindsey play with Fleetwood Mac in 2009, there was nothing between you.

''It was as if you were thinking, 'What shall I get from room service? Grilled cheese? Tomato soup?'

''Hammy wasn't the word for Lindsey and I in 2009 - it was totally fake.
''But what you see on stage now is not fake. It is loving, and it is as close to those two people who met as teenagers as you could hope for.''

Stevie was 16 when she was first introduced to Lindsey, then 17, at a party in San Francisco and started making music together two years later.

The pair posed naked on the cover of their Buckingham Nicks album, made before Fleetwood Mac was formed, and Stevie was ''terrified''.

Stevie revealed: ''I could not have been more terrified if you'd asked me to jump off a speeding train.

''Lindsey was like, 'Oh, come on - this is art. Don't be a child!' I thought, 'Who are you? Don't you know me?'.''

She hid the picture from her parents and admits they were less than impressed when they saw it.

Stevie said: ''When the record came out and I saw my father it was, 'Why didn't you just say no, Stevie?' I said, 'Daddy, I don't know. I didn't feel like I had a choice - I'm so sorry'. I learned a big lesson that day.''
Old 11-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You can certainly fake affection, but I don't think you can fake chemistry.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She was 16 and he was 17...I thought Stevie was like a year and a half older??? Anyhow if Steves and Bucky have truly returned to the friendship they once had then we should be in for a treat if they start working together on a musical level weather it is Buckingham/Nicks or FM...
Old 11-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yeah, getting the facts a bit wrong there, pretty typical of journalism nowadays!

I knew something was off about that 2009 tour. When she was singing "Silver Springs" looking at the freaking AUDIENCE, her face expressionless, without even a glance towards Lindsey... ugh. As hardcore as I am, two shows was plenty back in 2009.

Now, this tour, I saw her due "Silver Springs" with Dance-level passion. It freaking blew me away.

I desperately hope for a Buckingham Nicks project this coming year!

Old 11-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, 2009 was lame, BuckinghamNicks wise. And I went to 3 shows, what was I thinking?
Old 11-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Agreed. 2009 was SO lame. She barely interacted with him the whole show...whatever it was she was fakin', she couldn't even be bothered to do that when I saw them.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
You can certainly fake affection, but I don't think you can fake chemistry.
Yes, sometimes even people who have great affection for each other don't have a lot of chemistry and a lot of the times, there can be a certain tension between people that's not even POSITIVE, it can be a negative energy, but it speaks of volumes of chemistry.

As for 2009, the first time I saw them in Pittsburgh, I was struck at how little interaction there was between them, but the more I saw them, the more normalized things seemed and I craved as many shows as possible. I didn't feel apathetic. I didn't think they put on a bad show compared to SYW at all. I thought they were comparable tours, SYW and Unleashed. I thought The Dance was better than both though. I liked this current tour second to The Dance.

Michele
Old 11-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

So what was being *faked* then if there was next to no interaction and, when there was, it wasn't the planned sort ala the Tusk dance?

Also, room service story re. grilled cheese etc? Okay, Stevie. If you say that's what he said, lol. Sounds awfully familiar.

"But what it does do is allow you to walk up on stage and be dramatic with each other. And we have walked up on stage and been absolutely the other side of dramatic – we have been like waiting-for-a-bus undramatic. Like, you know: 'Lindsey, what am I going to get for room service later? I think I'm going to get a grilled cheese sandwich and some tomato soup.'"

Next time, just make sure you include that he also said it seemed 'neutralised' - that's the word you're looking for. Lindsey knows it well; his press is saturated in it... #lovefest2013

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, the Gypsy speech Stevie gave in 2009 had the same warm vibe as the WY speech this time around. Of course, this one is better because:

1. It varies more than the Gypsy speech did. This time we almost got new information each time she told it and with Gypsy we only got a few pieces of new info the whole tour.

2. Lindsey participates in the WY speech.

3. The WY speech is a lot longer.

But I wouldn't say that the Gypsy speech felt stilted or fake or anything. Seemed pretty genuine on the floor, on their mattress with the paper flowers surrounding them.

Michele
Old 11-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess she just means that in terms of their feelings toward one another, they didn't have as strong of a connection personally in 2009 as they do now, despite how they might have attempted to make it seem on stage. I doubt they were faking what interaction they did have on stage (I don't think they were pretending to laugh if they cut up, for instance) just that it didn't reflect how they were with each other offstage. Whereas now there is true affection, before it was more so ambivalence (as much as the two of them could possibly be ambivalent to one another, which I don't believe is actually that much).

It's funny that the "SYW tension, Unleased neutrality, 2013 lovefest" became Lindsey's spiel this tour. He totally stole that from Stevie. She was saying that back last November.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[All comments we've heard before, but I assume this is from the new Mojo interview]

Virgin Media, 11/2/2013

http://www.virginmedia.com/music/new...mac-have-real/

Fleetwood Mac singer Stevie Nicks insists her chemistry with Lindsey Buckingham is real.

The 'Landslide' hitmaker admits the bond between the pair has been ''fake'' during performances on previous tours but they are now as close as they were when we first met.

Stevie, 65, told Mojo Magazine: ''My cousin John has known Lindsey and I since 1968.

''He told me, ''When I saw you and Lindsey play with Fleetwood Mac in 2009, there was nothing between you.

''It was as if you were thinking, 'What shall I get from room service? Grilled cheese? Tomato soup?'''Hammy wasn't the word for Lindsey and I in 2009 - it was totally fake.
''But what you see on stage now is not fake. It is loving, and it is as close to those two people who met as teenagers as you could hope for.''

Stevie was 16 when she was first introduced to Lindsey, then 17, at a party in San Francisco and started making music together two years later.

The pair posed naked on the cover of their Buckingham Nicks album, made before Fleetwood Mac was formed, and Stevie was ''terrified''.

Stevie revealed: ''I could not have been more terrified if you'd asked me to jump off a speeding train.

''Lindsey was like, 'Oh, come on - this is art. Don't be a child!' I thought, 'Who are you? Don't you know me?'.''

She hid the picture from her parents and admits they were less than impressed when they saw it.

Stevie said: ''When the record came out and I saw my father it was, 'Why didn't you just say no, Stevie?' I said, 'Daddy, I don't know. I didn't feel like I had a choice - I'm so sorry'. I learned a big lesson that day.''
A former co-worker of mine referred to grilled cheese and tomato soup as the "Whores Special" because it's so cheap.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

It's funny that the "SYW tension, Unleased neutrality, 2013 lovefest"...

You guys see where this is leading to don't you?
The next public appearances (tour even) might
be something a la Hank Williams and Billy Jean
Jones.

And who here wouldn't buy a ticket to see that?
Old 11-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
You guys see where this is leading to don't you?
The next public appearances (tour even) might
be something a la Hank Williams and Billy Jean
Jones.

And who here wouldn't buy a ticket to see that?
Since Stevie doesn't use computers it seems that someone in her entourage must be telling her what some of the,ahem,websites are buzzing about these days.She had to make a comment to set the whole thing straight.Little does she know we actually listen to what she says and we know that her story will soon change.Love her anyway..
Old 11-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Ledgie

did anyone go to a show on the SYW tour? How was the chemistry then? It seemed awesome on all the videos I have seen...then again it also seems like LB was a complete maniac and Stevie was just going along with it
Old 11-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
Since Stevie doesn't use computers it seems that someone in her entourage must be telling her what some of the,ahem,websites are buzzing about these days.She had to make a comment to set the whole thing straight.Little does she know we actually listen to what she says and we know that her story will soon change.Love her anyway..
You just KNOW that once this tour is over and some time has passed and she's on to whatever the next thing is the real truth about this tour will come out... .and it wouldn't surprise me to hear her say "the chemistry on the 2013 tour was only onstage but Lindsey and I never talked offstage because we just aren't good friends, we weren't those kind of lovers; now, Mick and I.....well, we hang out and watch movies" blah blah blah