Yes 138 93.24%
No 6 4.05%
Suck it and see 4 2.70%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2014, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Christine didn't say Tusk. But I agree with you that people should ask Stevie that.

Poor Lindsey. He says the others have told him that they like Tusk. Mick likes it. I don't know about the other 3. They may like it ok, but it's no one else's favorite, I'm sure. He is fooling himself.

Michele
Why was I thinking Tusk? It was the '75 Mac/white album.

One thing to look at is what albums did they each enjoy making and how was his or her life during that time.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Poor Lindsey. He says the others have told him that they like Tusk. Mick likes it. I don't know about the other 3. They may like it ok, but it's no one else's favorite, I'm sure.
Stevie grew to like Tusk. In 1986, she told a radio guy (in an interview about being on the road for Rock a Little) that she was "just now" coming to really "get" Tusk—its mystique and exoticism.

Of course, there must still be discrete moments Stevie never grew to like—Not That Funny or What Makes You Think or That's Enough for Me.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-26-2014, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Stevie grew to like Tusk. In 1986, she told a radio guy (in an interview about being on the road for Rock a Little) that she was "just now" coming to really "get" Tusk—its mystique and exoticism.
Yes, I know she changed her way of thinking years later and, by that time the critics were lauding it as an achievement, rather than an extravagant failure.

She said she's listened to it with her headphones on and learned to appreciate each song.

Michele
Old 01-27-2014, 03:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

She said she's listened to it with her headphones on and learned to appreciate each song.

Michele
That's because Stevie's an idiot.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think some of you might want to revisit Brother and Sister. Listen to that song with headphones. The guitar work and production at the end is brilliant.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:33 AM
Ledgie

I am definitely up to hear a new Fleetwood Mac LP. I do not know how quickly one could be recorded if the band tours later this year.

I would not mind releasing a few more extended plays. Releasing an EP with four tracks to satisfy the need of new music for us and for them to reacquaint the chemistry would be beneficial.

I would not mind seeing Nicks releasing extended plays.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
And then there's 'Behind The Mask,' which was a bomb compared to the sales of previous albums. I've never once heard her lambast that one.
Actually, I doubt that she even remembers recording songs for Behind the Mask because of the Klonopin! I also blame the Klonopin for why she can't remember the lyrics to "Rooms on Fire" and "Whole Lotta Trouble" to this day.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I think some of you might want to revisit Brother and Sister. Listen to that song with headphones. The guitar work and production at the end is brilliant.
I know. It's mesmerizingly great. A shame that we have to sit through
Repetative, long brother and sisteeeeeeeeeeeeeeers before we get there.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

Of course, there must still be discrete moments Stevie never grew to like—Not That Funny or What Makes You Think or That's Enough for Me.
You mean the songs that made me a lifelong fan?

Old 02-06-2014, 06:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Actually, I doubt that she even remembers recording songs for Behind the Mask because of the Klonopin! I also blame the Klonopin for why she can't remember the lyrics to "Rooms on Fire" and "Whole Lotta Trouble" to this day.
I don't think you can blame the Klonopin. She didn't have to take the drug - but she did, and continued to do so even when it clearly wasn't working for her. Not only that, she abused Klonopin by not taking it as prescribed and by mixing it with all sorts of other drugs (apparently to help alleviate side effects of Klonopin). She has been very irresponsible in openly encouraging people not to take the drug - especially when some people may stand to benefit from it if they take it as prescribed, but instead they take the unqualified advice of a musician. She holds herself responsible for her cocaine abuse, she ought to hold herself responsible for her own prescription medication abuse, and for not seeking help earlier when she knew she had a problem. It's a bit of a cop-out to blame mistakes on a drug rather than your choices and drug taking which led to the mistakes.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Some More TUSK Love !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I don't think I would be such an obsessed Fleetwood Mac fan if Tusk didn't exist. I love Tusk.
Thank you !!! Couldn't say it better!!!!!!!
Lindsey is The Man...Forever and Ever...Amen !!!!
Old 02-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I don't think you can blame the Klonopin. She didn't have to take the drug - but she did, and continued to do so even when it clearly wasn't working for her. Not only that, she abused Klonopin by not taking it as prescribed and by mixing it with all sorts of other drugs (apparently to help alleviate side effects of Klonopin). She has been very irresponsible in openly encouraging people not to take the drug - especially when some people may stand to benefit from it if they take it as prescribed, but instead they take the unqualified advice of a musician. She holds herself responsible for her cocaine abuse, she ought to hold herself responsible for her own prescription medication abuse, and for not seeking help earlier when she knew she had a problem. It's a bit of a cop-out to blame mistakes on a drug rather than your choices and drug taking which led to the mistakes.
Right... But the memory loss was a side effect of the Klonopin. Therefore it's due to the Klonopin that she can't remember certain periods of time. Stevie's personal responsibility for her addiction/usage doesn't change that. You can blame the Klonopin for its effects on Stevie, but the Klonopin didn't take itself.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
She has been very irresponsible in openly encouraging people not to take the drug - especially when some people may stand to benefit from it if they take it as prescribed, but instead they take the unqualified advice of a musician.
Thank you! I'm sick of hearing her describe Klonopin as if the devil himself created it. It works wonderfully well when taken as intended (as do most drugs), so just because she abused it doesn't mean she needs to vilify and place blame on it; the blame lies solely on her. Then again, people take Jenny McCarthy's advice when it comes to not vaccinating their kids, so...
Old 02-07-2014, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie View Post
Thank you !!! Couldn't say it better!!!!!!!
Lindsey is The Man...Forever and Ever...Amen !!!!
Thanks for finding my comment buried way back in this thread!

Yes Tusk is a masterpiece! To me, Rumours and the White album are great but very 70's, TITN is great but very 80's, where as Tusk is timeless... Its an album I never get bored of. There is so much to it, and it's perfect as a double album. I read a comment once, I think it was on Amazon, someone said something like....sit somewhere quiet and undisturbed, and listen to Tusk the whole way through to really appreciate how magnificent it is. To me there isn't another album that comes close.

Can you hear me Lindsey? I love Tusk!!

Is that enough Tusk love?

Last edited by MoonSister75; 02-07-2014 at 07:39 AM..
Old 02-07-2014, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Thank you! I'm sick of hearing her describe Klonopin as if the devil himself created it. It works wonderfully well when taken as intended (as do most drugs), so just because she abused it doesn't mean she needs to vilify and place blame on it; the blame lies solely on her. Then again, people take Jenny McCarthy's advice when it comes to not vaccinating their kids, so...
I think the problem is "blame" itself. I've never felt comfortable with Stevie blaming this doctor, and I don't like hearing people blame Stevie for her addictions. These things just happen, due to many factors. I'm sure its very difficult to treat someone with a 10+ year Cocaine addiction. I personally don't like the sound of these kinds of prescription drugs. I guess sometimes they have their uses, but some seem worryingly addictive. It would have been great if she could have found a better treatment.