User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-25-2020, 06:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
there wasn’t anybody left to smooth things over, except Christine, but she’s a company gal (LBCM liner notes)
What did the notes say that reflect the above? Thanks.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
I don't understand this. What are you saying here?
what exactly don't you understand?

Fleetwood Mac went into studio in 2012 and recorded a bunch of tracks that were waiting for Stevie's input. they put a sampling of those out in 2013 on EP. then they added more songs in 2014 when Christine came back. Stevie kept going back and forth in 2016 interviews whether she'll join in on the effort. then in 2017 she changed that to a firm no and taunting them to never release that - because according to her that's what you do when you have recorded tracks for a new album - you just shelve them. that covers a period from 2012-2017.

they were not just talking about some wishful thinking about some possible FM album. they recorded a bunch of tracks for that album. and they kept trying to woo and talk Stevie into it. Mick was working on this with Lindsey, Christine and the band too - until he decided to turn and just go with whatever Stevie wants. i guess maybe he got himself on the brink of another bankruptcy some time in 2017?

that's very different than some touring contractor talking about how he would have loved to work on an album with FM but it's not gonna happen.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-25-2020, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Maybe keeping his head down, minding his P’s & Q’s, and playing along would have behooved him the second Tom Petty’s guitarist and Stevie’s good friend became available and Mick was going to New Zealand to record with another art rocker. P

I'd be willing to bet all of my savings, that Lindsey...although not perfect.....has learned to be more patient than Stevie. I think he minded his P's and Q's better than anyone else in the band, except maybe Mick (who only went along with whomever was in the room because he has no spine).
Old 02-25-2020, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
So Steve, should Mike mind his P's and Q's. and quit complaining that he wants to record new music? Is this the theory you speak of that rocks the corporate boat?

Here's my Bottom line: Sleezy Nicks went to mgmt over a long standing hatred, and she got him fired.

The rest of all of this is all crap.
Exactly. Crap, smoke, and mirrors.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Exactly. Crap, smoke, and mirrors.
You mean to tell me if Lindsey was "THEEE" superstar from the band that he would have been fired??? Tell me this with a straight face. This event was a corporate decision that was triggered by the jealousy and megalomania of one person. The one person that had the power to do it.

Mick, John and Christine couldn't prevent it because they didn't want their livelihoods messed with at age 70-75. Can't imagine why?

There is no Sleezy Buckingham. Only Sleezy Nicks.

Also, there is no Dana, only Zuul.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You mean to tell me if Lindsey was "THEEE" superstar from the band that he would have been fired??? Tell me this with a straight face. This event was a corporate decision that was triggered by the jealousy and megalomania of one person. The one person that had the power to do it.

Mick, John and Christine couldn't prevent it because they didn't want their livelihoods messed with at age 70-75. Can't imagine why?
I totally hear you and am with you on this. Anyone who tries to spin the story otherwise is delusional.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This event was a corporate decision that was triggered by the jealousy and megalomania of one person. The one person that had the power to do it.
Exactamundo. How did Azoff quote Stevie? “She won’t stand on a stage with you ever again.” That’s the only thing that sealed Lindsey’s fate.

Had Stevie said, “I want Lindsey in this band until the end,” he’d still be in the band — even if he had publicly referred to the Azoff corporate gigs as pure crap. The manager didn’t make the decision; Nicks and (by extension) Fleetwood made the decision. The manager was only the hatchet man.

This is entirely a Nicks thing. She was done with Buckingham.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-25-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Exactamundo. How did Azoff quote Stevie? “She won’t stand on a stage with you ever again.” That’s the only thing that sealed Lindsey’s fate.

Had Stevie said, “I want Lindsey in this band until the end,” he’d still be in the band — even if he had publicly referred to the Azoff corporate gigs as pure crap. The manager didn’t make the decision; Nicks and (by extension) Fleetwood made the decision. The manager was only the hatchet man.

Yesirreeeebob! As I said, the rest is just crap.
Old 02-25-2020, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

to be more accurate, she was done with him back in 1976-77 when she dumped him. that's why she "accidentally" slept with Mick immediately after - she was worried they'd boot her outta the band if Lindsey wanted so at the time so she needed the leverage. the difference now is that she was finally sure she had the power to pull it off.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-25-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
to be more accurate, she was done with him back in 1976-77 when she dumped him. that's why she "accidentally" slept with Mick immediately after - she was worried they'd boot her outta the band if Lindsey wanted so at the time so she needed the leverage. the difference now is that she was finally sure she had the power to pull it off.
"Accidentally"? Did she trip and fall on top of Mick?
Old 02-25-2020, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"Accidentally"? Did she trip and fall on top of Mick?
remember the story was that the 2 of them were just by chance the last people at some drugged up drunken party and so it just happened.

Old 02-25-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
remember the story was that the 2 of them were just by chance the last people at some drugged up drunken party and so it just happened.
How many times did that happen? Like every time?
Old 02-25-2020, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How many times did that happen? Like every time?
after that first accidental hookup they realized they were always meant to be liz taylor and richard burton.

dontya read micks books?

Old 02-25-2020, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
after that first accidental hookup they realized they were always meant to be liz taylor and richard burton.

dontya read micks books?
Yes I did (somehow I suspect more than one will laugh while reading the word "honor"):

It was in Australia that I fell for Stevie Nicks.
Our affair really began in L.A. even before we left for the Pacific. I'd sneak away from home to spend most of my time with Stevie, picking her up in one of my cars and driving along Mulholland. She was seeing a record executive and I was married and my parents were living with me, so everything was very secret, imbuing subsequent events with a kind of supercharged aura of romance. In Australia this blossomed into a full-on love affair.
It started up in New Zealand. Late one night, after the concert, a Samoan limo driver took me and Stevie for a long cruise along mountains and ridgebacks at dawn. At one point we got out and walked a bit in silence, waiting for the sun to rise. There was a mist that turned to a gentle rain, soaking us to our skin.

We were driven back to our hotel in a ferocious downpour, clinging to each other in the back of the car. Up in her suite, I said, "I think I'd like to stay here tonight."

We returned to California early in December, to find that Rumours had passed the eight million mark in sales and showed no sign of slowing. It was still the number one album in the country, and was selling an estimated 800,000 copies every week!

Understanding the past relationship between Lindsey and Stevie, as a point of honor I had to tell Lindsey that I was in love with her. However, my relationship with Stevie continued, awkwardly. I ran the gauntlet, trying to be in two places at once, fairly torn by guilt and responsibilities. The whole thing was kind of on and off, and that suited both of us, Stevie and myself.
Old 02-25-2020, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Yes I did (somehow I suspect more than one will laugh while reading the word "honor"):

It was in Australia that I fell for Stevie Nicks.
Our affair really began in L.A. even before we left for the Pacific. I'd sneak away from home to spend most of my time with Stevie, picking her up in one of my cars and driving along Mulholland. She was seeing a record executive and I was married and my parents were living with me, so everything was very secret, imbuing subsequent events with a kind of supercharged aura of romance. In Australia this blossomed into a full-on love affair.
It started up in New Zealand. Late one night, after the concert, a Samoan limo driver took me and Stevie for a long cruise along mountains and ridgebacks at dawn. At one point we got out and walked a bit in silence, waiting for the sun to rise. There was a mist that turned to a gentle rain, soaking us to our skin.

We were driven back to our hotel in a ferocious downpour, clinging to each other in the back of the car. Up in her suite, I said, "I think I'd like to stay here tonight."

We returned to California early in December, to find that Rumours had passed the eight million mark in sales and showed no sign of slowing. It was still the number one album in the country, and was selling an estimated 800,000 copies every week!

Understanding the past relationship between Lindsey and Stevie, as a point of honor I had to tell Lindsey that I was in love with her. However, my relationship with Stevie continued, awkwardly. I ran the gauntlet, trying to be in two places at once, fairly torn by guilt and responsibilities. The whole thing was kind of on and off, and that suited both of us, Stevie and myself.
Villavic, thank you for always posting these. I love when you do this. My memory of these books all blends into Carol's and Ken's books.