Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:51 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Yep.

And, somewhere in some vault is the entire UC Santa Barbara show from May 1976...of which only "I'm So Afraid" & "Over My Head" (and bits of "World Turning") are seen in the Rosebud promo video. I'd love to see THAT entire show released someday. They did a KILLER version of Danny's "Sunny Side Of Heaven" to open their set---and, to add to the "vibe", just coincidentally, a 737 was taking off from Santa Barbara airport and was over head in the near background (with the Santa Barbara Mountains in the far background) of a blue sky just as the song started. The timing of the jet's takeoff couldn't have been more coordinated with the song if they'd actually planned it.
I recall seeing bits of "Rhiannon" from the same show in VH1's Behind the Music...so, if that was dug up specifically for that program then someone has immediate access to it. I bet Mick has copies all of this stuff somewhere in his attic.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
I recall seeing bits of "Rhiannon" from the same show in VH1's Behind the Music...so, if that was dug up specifically for that program then someone has immediate access to it. I bet Mick has copies all of this stuff somewhere in his attic.
It isn't just video (or film) that's languishing (& probably disintegrating or missing). It's audio, too. I mean, where is the Oakland Coliseum concert taped Oct. 4, 1983?! The stupid decision was made to broadcast only three songs from that taping (only one of which was truly live), & the rest of the concert has never surfaced & probably never will.

I would kill one of you -- I really do mean kill one of you -- for that wonderful Wild Heart concert at the height of Stevie's Turandot phase.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-15-2008, 05:51 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It isn't just video (or film) that's languishing (& probably disintegrating or missing). It's audio, too. I mean, where is the Oakland Coliseum concert taped Oct. 4, 1983?! The stupid decision was made to broadcast only three songs from that taping (only one of which was truly live), & the rest of the concert has never surfaced & probably never will.

I would kill one of you -- I really do mean kill one of you -- for that wonderful Wild Heart concert at the height of Stevie's Turandot phase.
Unfortunately (or Fortunately?), this stuff will probably surface after they die

(Using the "shrug" emoticon although it looks like he's doing military presses.)
Old 08-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, ok, but how many have to die? All 5? Or if one or two of them drop dead will that be enough to get WB to start opening up the vaults?

Michele
Old 08-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, ok, but how many have to die? All 5? Or if one or two of them drop dead will that be enough to get WB to start opening up the vaults?
Sometimes, The Vaults open a smidge -- just enough to let a few things escape but no more. It's probably inadvertent most of the time.

We fans got five or six soundboard recordings of songs on Stevie's Australian leg of the 1986 tour -- I Need to Know, I Can't Wait, Talk to Me, Outside the Rain, Dreams. They were on one or two of those reels in storage. Same goes for limited leaks from Fleetwood Mac concerts: GO YOUR OWN WAY, SISTERS OF THE MOON & SONGBIRD from Atlanta 1980; HOLD ME from Baton Rouge 1982; HOLD ME & SARA from MEADOWLANDS 1982.

But we want the rest. Wouldn't it stand to reason that the rest would be somewhere in the vicinity of the leaked recordings?

Are The Vaults literal vaults or merely figurative vaults?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I agree with you and I'm sure all the other members of this board feel the same way. As far as "what are they waiting for?", I think they're waiting on all of us to get too old to care.

But it's the same with many other artist, Elvis Presley for example. His last two movies were concert documentaries, "That's The Way It Is (1970)" and "Elvis On Tour (1972)". There is more on the "cutting room floor" from these movies than has been released to date. The Elvis boards on the net are full of complaints about this footage not being released.

BTW, I think my laserdisc version of Mirage had "Rhiannon" edited out... what tha..!?!?!?
I agree with you as well...its a shame if thats what 'they' are waiting for....funny with some of the 'stuff' thats not happening thats turning me off more as a fan right now....than say what supposedly 'is' gonna happen......Of course they will do what they want......which is there right....but if your out to make some $$ than why wait......Makes like no sense to me....of course probably what we'd love to have released won't be.....same with the music....solo and band wise....what a total shame...really 'they' all lose in the end...as do we as fans.....how sad really...............................IMO that is...............................
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 08-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The thing thats really great about the Mirage Video, is what they chose to include. Imagine if they decided to put Dreams on the video instead of SOTM :EEK! We have a lot of songs preserved on tape that have yet to be played again on future tours. Sisters, Not That Funny, Blue Letter, a very different Eyes of the World then what we'd have captured on tape again in 2003. Most of what's left out we have preserved in other places (SHN, Dreams, Landslide Never Going Back Again)

So while all 22 or at least more then 13 would be ideal, what was included was probably the best selections for us fans they could've made. Again I must restate, What if Dreams Landslide or even Sara were included in place of Sisters of the Moon.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You're right & you know it.

At one show, Fleetwood Mac played LEATHER & LACE. That's the only exception.

(When Fleetwood rehearsed for the 1982 tour, they also played WISH YOU WERE HERE, STRAIGHT BACK, & TROUBLE.)
The only reason they played Leather and Lace is because Don Henley made a guest appearance. I'm sure the band was..uhm...thrilled about that!

I've only heard a very scrappy rehearsal of Straight Back. Can you share those other songs? I had no idea they considered those others. I always thought Wish You Were Here should have been the closer for that tour... they could have done a nice long jamming closer. And the never took advantage of featuring a few more solo songs other than Go Insane and Stand Back...and Has Anyone Ever Written (post Lindsey). I think that was a poor choice...not so Fleetwood Mac-ish. But Trouble is very Mac-ish, as are the songs on the Christine McVie album.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-19-2008 at 12:09 AM..
Old 08-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
But Trouble is very Mac-ish, as are the songs on the Christine McVie album.
I would love to hear FM perform Gotta Hold On Me. Michele
Old 08-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
The only reason they played Leather and Lace is because Don Henley made a guest appearance. I'm sure the band was..uhm...thrilled about that!
All too true. Christine & Lindsey didn't even bother to learn the chords. They played their own song!

Quote:
I've only heard a very scrappy rehearsal of Straight Back. Can you share those other songs?
I posted those other two somewhere in this thread (?). The links might be active still.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
Unfortunately (or Fortunately?), this stuff will probably surface after they die

(Using the "shrug" emoticon although it looks like he's doing military presses.)
Considering the severely diminishing output of new music as the decades go by (Lindsey Buckingham excluded -- he's been surprisingly busy/productive in the last few years)...you would think they could look back at everything that has not been released....or not released properly for the 21st century...and look at the potential: if not just for financial gains -but for posterity...and the fans, for godsake!! Do they ever really give a f*ck what their long-time fans would love to have??? It doesn't appear that way. They are fully aware of the clammer to release Buckingham Nicks (they own the rights!!), yet they sit on their asses.

Stevie is biggest offender of mining her history ad-nasuem, so you think at least she would be the one releasing more of it: Who wouldn't love the entire Bella Donna concert on DVD, just to cite one of many things wasting away in "vaults" that we know of?

Granted, liscensing issues etc...are involved...but com'on! Lesser artists seem to have no problem with that. Overall, they appear to be alarmingly stingy and out of touch with their true and loyal fans. It's a stark contrast to the current music business model...where less established bands (and some well-established bands) are reaching out to their fan bases in unique new ways in order to keep them engaged.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-20-2008 at 04:48 PM..
Old 08-20-2008, 11:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks so much for Trouble and WYWH David!!

I really wish they would dig into the vault a bit and release these gems. Perhaps the band doesn't really even realize these recordings/videos exist, or maybe Mick has them hidden away in a basement as he did the Rumours Tour videos (which are wonderful and I'm so happy they chose to share them!)

Perhaps they'll release more in preparation for the upcoming tour? We can only hope!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think it's a matter of Lindsey, Stevie, or Mick selling junk from the vaults. I can't but think that they'd not be involved. I don't think old videos from the Tusk tour or the Mirage tour are even on their radar. They live -- as do we all when it comes to our own lives -- in the here & now.

If this old stuff is ever going to be made available in official capacity, other people are going to have to arrange it: label management, namely, or specialty labels like Razor & Tie. Stevie already exceeded all expectations with her last product (I forgot the name of it) with all that video of 1981 recording sessions. The idea that she herself even wanted to do that -- & then went ahead & did it -- is mind-boggling. I still wonder what prompted it. Stevie's idea? Seems really unlikely. A businessman's idea? Perhaps. I'm inclined to think that all these years of Stevie's fans on the Internet asking for scraps & orts from decades ago prompted this "Crystal Vision" project, or whatever it's called.

moviekinks.blogspot.com