Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The 1982 Setlist...I think!

I think it went something like this in most shows....my order may be screwed up somewhere but it's pretty close.
  1. Second Hand News
  2. The Chain
  3. Don't Stop
  4. Dreams
  5. Oh Well
  6. Rhiannon
  7. Brown Eyes
  8. Eyes of the World
  9. Gypsy
  10. Love in Store
  11. Never Going Back Again
  12. Landslide
  13. Not That Funny
  14. Tusk
  15. Sara
  16. Hold Me
  17. You Make Loving Fun
  18. I'm So Afraid
  19. Go Your Own Way
  20. Blue Letter
  21. Sisters of the Moon
  22. Songbird
Old 08-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
But don't let anyone fool you into thinking that the Mirage video was filmed at only one show...it's a editor's nightmare of combining footage & audio from two shows from consecutive nights.
I love this video but it does have some very bad edits. I had both versions
of this, one on VHS the other on Laser Disc. The more expensive Laser Disc
version looked and sounded better (different mix?), but had less songs than
the VHS version!
Old 08-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I think it went something like this in most shows....my order may be screwed up somewhere but it's pretty close.
  1. Second Hand News
  2. The Chain
  3. Don't Stop
  4. Dreams
  5. Oh Well
  6. Rhiannon
  7. Brown Eyes
  8. Eyes of the World
  9. Gypsy
  10. Love in Store
  11. Never Going Back Again
  12. Landslide
  13. Not That Funny
  14. Tusk
  15. Sara
  16. Hold Me
  17. You Make Loving Fun
  18. I'm So Afraid
  19. Go Your Own Way
  20. Blue Letter
  21. Sisters of the Moon
  22. Songbird
Christine didn't sing any of her hits from the White Album. She sang her best song from Tusk, except you would have thought if she was gonna pick a song from Tusk it would have been her hit single Think About Me. She sang three of her Rumours songs and two of her Mirage songs.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
The more expensive Laser Disc
version looked and sounded better (different mix?), but had less songs than
the VHS version!
You would think for the rediculous price they charged for those things that they would have more goodies than a video had to offer. Instead you got less. How unfair.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:59 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Hey Chili,

Surely they filmed MORE of the songs than what appears on the VHS/LaserDisc...right?
For these types of releases/broadcasts, the entire show is filmed/taped. Then they go back and edit and decide what songs are in and others get left on the "cutting room floor."

Therefore, the entire 2 nights of these LA Mirage shows exist in some vault somewhere, as well as the 2 nights of St Louis 1979 Tusk shows...and so on...
Old 08-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
You would think for the rediculous price they charged for those things that they would have more goodies than a video had to offer. Instead you got less. How unfair.
There was a similar problem with the two releases -- VHS & laser disc -- of the Christine McVie concert. Slightly different track lists: one with a few more live tracks & the other with the concept videos in place of the live tracks. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Hey Chili,

Surely they filmed MORE of the songs than what appears on the VHS/LaserDisc...right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
For these types of releases/broadcasts, the entire show is filmed/taped. Then they go back and edit and decide what songs are in and others get left on the "cutting room floor."

Therefore, the entire 2 nights of these LA Mirage shows exist in some vault somewhere, as well as the 2 nights of St Louis 1979 Tusk shows...and so on...
Yep.

And, somewhere in some vault is the entire UC Santa Barbara show from May 1976...of which only "I'm So Afraid" & "Over My Head" (and bits of "World Turning") are seen in the Rosebud promo video. I'd love to see THAT entire show released someday. They did a KILLER version of Danny's "Sunny Side Of Heaven" to open their set---and, to add to the "vibe", just coincidentally, a 737 was taking off from Santa Barbara airport and was over head in the near background (with the Santa Barbara Mountains in the far background) of a blue sky just as the song started. The timing of the jet's takeoff couldn't have been more coordinated with the song if they'd actually planned it.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
thank you thank you thank you!!! downloaded them this evening...
i'm doing the bow on the live album.... i listened to them last nite!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But don't let anyone fool you into thinking that the Mirage video was filmed at only one show...it's a editor's nightmare of combining footage & audio from two shows from consecutive nights.

(was in audience for both)

One night was all "lovey-dovey" ness between band members...one night they looked as if they wanted each other dead. So, remember that when you watch the video again...right in the middle of songs ("Blue Letter" is the most obviously one), they'll go from "isn't this fun?" to "I'm going to kill you once we're off stage"...two different performances spliced together.
That's interesting that they would splice right in the middle of a song. I wish I had this video so I could watch and catch that.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Ive always thought this tour was the mac at its performing finest. Its so disappointing that the entire show has never been released in stellar quality. no doubt it would sell, especially if people knew the quality of the performances. especially with a tour in 2009, and a new album coming out, it might be good to do what Lindsey did with Live at Bass Performance Hall and release this show with better edits, in full length. Get the non-ledgies pumped!

I guess I can dream right???

Old 08-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ahhhhh...the cutting room floor stuff.....I wish we could get to see some of that stuff. Can you see the drool running down my chin just thinking about it?!

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 08-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JbbyStew86 View Post
Ive always thought this tour was the mac at its performing finest.
It's hard for me to decide, but I think I prefer the high points of the previous tour to the high points of this tour. I do actually believe the band was tighter, more together, in the latter months of Tusk, but things were humming at this point, too -- no getting around it. Chris McVie was on top of the game on boards (she's virtually indistinguishable from the previous tour to this one), but Mick had a more metronomic wallop for Tusk, & Lindsey I think is really where the greatest discrepancy lies.

Quote:
Its so disappointing that the entire show has never been released in stellar quality.
I was always disappointed that the shows planned for filming weren't the best performances -- but then it's almost impossible to know beforehand just when you're going to rise to the occasion. If only (with 20/20 hindsight) they had filmed Detroit on Sept. 19 or Irvine on Oct. 18 -- shows in which everything clicked so beautifully: band, audience, pacing, &c.

Quote:
They don't levy taxes on dreams ... yet.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JbbyStew86 View Post
Ive always thought this tour was the mac at its performing finest. Its so disappointing that the entire show has never been released in stellar quality. no doubt it would sell, especially if people knew the quality of the performances. especially with a tour in 2009, and a new album coming out, it might be good to do what Lindsey did with Live at Bass Performance Hall and release this show with better edits, in full length. Get the non-ledgies pumped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It's hard for me to decide, but I think I prefer the high points of the previous tour to the high points of this tour. I do actually believe the band was tighter, more together, in the latter months of Tusk, but things were humming at this point, too -- no getting around it. Chris McVie was on top of the game on boards (she's virtually indistinguishable from the previous tour to this one), but Mick had a more metronomic wallop for Tusk, & Lindsey I think is really where the greatest discrepancy lies.

I was always disappointed that the shows planned for filming weren't the best performances -- but then it's almost impossible to know beforehand just when you're going to rise to the occasion. If only (with 20/20 hindsight) they had filmed Detroit on Sept. 19 or Irvine on Oct. 18 -- shows in which everything clicked so beautifully: band, audience, pacing, &c.

They don't levy taxes on dreams ... yet.
Well, if I recall, those two nights at the GW Forum were make up shows for earlier postponements due to Stevie's health/voice.

Yes, Lindsey's guitar tone was more generic & unpleasant during the Mirage tour...almost as if he was using some sort of solid state distortion device (giving his tone a real "buzzy" sound) rather than the warmer overdriven tones of a good British tube (valve) amp, that he'd been using on earlier tours. I'd agree with David that those final days of the Tusk tour were probably some of the "higher" points of the bands' performances. Although, I don't think they ever sounded better (read: tighter & more dynamic) than they did during the mid-summer of 1977.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

(was in audience for both)

One night was all "lovey-dovey" ness between band members...one night they looked as if they wanted each other dead. So, remember that when you watch the video again...right in the middle of songs ("Blue Letter" is the most obviously one), they'll go from "isn't this fun?" to "I'm going to kill you once we're off stage"...two different performances spliced together.
Hi chiliD: What a total shame that the 'full' Mirage concert isn't released on DVD yet...total shame. Same for the full 'Tusk' concert....or the Tusk Doc..still not released on DVD with extras....Same for HBO special for Stevie...this should be the complete concerts as well.....with extras too....I don't understand what they are waiting for?? Makes totally no sense to me period. Same with all of FMac's videos should be released on a compliation as well.....Don't they realize what an opportunity they have...same with re-issue cds of 'Live'/Mirage/Tango/Mask with extras?? Makes no sense really to me.....I'll have to really watch that video again sometime....I did always notice how when Stevie sang SOTM at the end...during the band sort of solo...it gets cut short...when Stevie is dancing in front of Mick with the cow bell....it just ends up cutting right to the Mic and Stevie's at it.....it must have been totally awesome...what a waste.....how sad.....
Someone mentioned the Detroit show....wow I'd have loved to seen that...other than having the sound board recording....that would've been like awesome to have had it on video......
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 08-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
Hi chiliD: What a total shame that the 'full' Mirage concert isn't released on DVD yet...total shame. Same for the full 'Tusk' concert....or the Tusk Doc..still not released on DVD with extras....Same for HBO special for Stevie...this should be the complete concerts as well.....with extras too....I don't understand what they are waiting for??
I agree with you and I'm sure all the other members of this board feel the same way. As far as "what are they waiting for?", I think they're waiting on all of us to get too old to care.

But it's the same with many other artist, Elvis Presley for example. His last two movies were concert documentaries, "That's The Way It Is (1970)" and "Elvis On Tour (1972)". There is more on the "cutting room floor" from these movies than has been released to date. The Elvis boards on the net are full of complaints about this footage not being released.

BTW, I think my laserdisc version of Mirage had "Rhiannon" edited out... what tha..!?!?!?