Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yep. What he said. No other reason. It's absolute B.S.
I love the title and the project.

As you know, sometimes art morphs into something that you didn't expect, but yet, it was right in front of your face.

I trust that this is what happened and the Buckingham/McVie project is going to be a charming and a wonderful adventure.

Like they said, they didn't say, "Stevie you're not welcome." But, really Stevie, you're not welcome.. lol

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-24-2017 at 12:30 PM..
Old 03-24-2017, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Uh....because it is a Fleetwood Mac Album. But not named so because she''s not there. No other reason.
But it doesn't sound like it really IS a Fleetwood Mac album. According to some of the early press on the project, Mick and John were only reported to be making cameo appearances. Sister Nightroad and I both remembered reading something about this, so I don't think I'm going crazy or anything.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
But it doesn't sound like it really IS a Fleetwood Mac album. According to some of the early press on the project, Mick and John were only reported to be making cameo appearances. Sister Nightroad and I both remembered reading something about this, so I don't think I'm going crazy or anything.
You all should actually read that uncut article. They made it very clear Mick and John recorded the album with them. They are just not calling it FM. And they won't tour.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-24-2017, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They definitely recorded the album with Mick and John. Calling it a "cameo" or "special appearance" or whatever is probably just them trying to make sense of it not being called Fleetwood Mac. Whether 100% of the album is with Mick and John, I guess we don't know that yet.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
here is a quote from Uncut:

ONE thing is for sure – this is not a Fleetwood Mac album. Sure, it has both Buckingham and McVie singing and writing. It even has bassist John McVie and drummer Mick Fleetwood backing them up, not just an incredibly versatile rhythm section but the namesakes of the band. Still, Buckingham McVie is something different – not unprecedented, not unusual, not even that much of a departure musically, but still its own entity in the band’s sprawling catalogue. For one thing, Stevie Nicks doesn’t play on the record – which is perhaps a minor quibble considering at least one member of the classic ’70s lineup has been missing from the group’s last three albums. Says Buckingham, “There was logic enough for having [John and Mick] participate in the studio, and the idea of it being a Fleetwood Mac album I’m sure got voiced, in an idle way, without there being an agenda for it. And Stevie knew what we were doing. Early on we weren’t calling it a duets album, so it wasn’t like we were telling her, ‘You can’t come down.’ Stevie was just involved in what she was doing.”

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-25-2017, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Like they said, they didn't say, "Stevie you're not welcome." But, really Stevie, you're not welcome.. lol
Probably never going to happen but I'd get a real kick out of watching everyone's head spin if SN showed up onstage to sing backup at one of the upcoming BM shows.

And I just got a minor laugh myself typing out the letters, BM.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Probably never going to happen but I'd get a real kick out of watching everyone's head spin if SN showed up onstage to sing backup at one of the upcoming BM shows.
haha not gonna happen and you know it! she's scrambling to find competing gigs in the same timeframe --> see Don Henley bday gig.

now Mick showing up i can see!

Old 03-25-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

And I just got a minor laugh myself typing out the letters, BM.
That would be an awesome display of class on Stevie's part. And I would love it.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
haha not gonna happen and you know it! she's scrambling to find competing gigs in the same timeframe --> see Don Henley bday gig.

"Scrambling"? This isn't a competition.

C'mon. She's just doing her thing while they're doing theirs.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That would be an awesome display of class on Stevie's part. And I would love it.
Not gonna happen. Would make zero sense.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Not gonna happen. Would make zero sense.
It makes perfect sense because Chris and Lindsey probably will sing a bunch of their known classics of which SN already sings backup on.But I know it is wishful thinking on my part.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
"Scrambling"? This isn't a competition.

C'mon. She's just doing her thing while they're doing theirs.
I don't think she's scrambling or anything either but I just find it kind of annoying that she's signing up for all of these pretty lame gigs. Like no offense and it's just my opinion obviously but performing with Tom Petty for the 100th time at his concert? Going to perform (probably Leather and Lace for the 100th time) at Don Henley's birthday party? No one will care about either of those things the second it's over. She could have been doing something that would be really meaningful for her own band and the fans and would've been a beautiful way to come full circle and bring a curtain call. Sure a lot of people only care about hits but it really would've meant a lot to a lot of other people as well as her other band mates who wanted it.

Like I get wanting to do your own thing but it's just annoying.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I don't think she's scrambling or anything either but I just find it kind of annoying that she's signing up for all of these pretty lame gigs. Like no offense and it's just my opinion obviously but performing with Tom Petty for the 100th time at his concert? Going to perform (probably Leather and Lace for the 100th time) at Don Henley's birthday party? No one will care about either of those things the second it's over. She could have been doing something that would be really meaningful for her own band and the fans and would've been a beautiful way to come full circle and bring a curtain call. Sure a lot of people only care about hits but it really would've meant a lot to a lot of other people as well as her other band mates who wanted it.

Like I get wanting to do your own thing but it's just annoying.
Yeah I think it's annoying as well. She seems to be so determined to spend time with every other artist or band that isn't FM at the moment. I appreciate that she is doing the East/ West festival but I have the feeling she wishes she could only focus on solo work for like another two years
Old 03-25-2017, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

I think Stevie is genuinely close to Don Henley... do you really think she's performing at his birthday party to compete with Buckingham McVie? That would be... devious
Old 03-25-2017, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One solution to the touring situation- Stevie could extend her tour and invite Buckingham Nicks to replace the Pretenders as her opening act. Everybody would win!