Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
^^^ I actually took screen shots of some of them. I'll post them later.

one reads

"Buckingham/McVie??? Really??? They can be named Fleetwood Mac or 'whatever the f***!! But Buckingham/McVie?? It's like they are plaing a game: How make make more and more upset Stevie Nicks and make it so she decides not to come back."

I can understand the desire to post "insane" tweets and Facebook comments in order to point and laugh; I do hope that we all can refrain from implying that they are representative of Stevie fans and/or Buckingham Nicks fans in general.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

As for you Homer.. better me say it than you. I don't need goatbreath in every sentence.
You got me OGB, yeah you know me.

Ever since that popped into my head this morning, I've been chanting it all day (wishing it would leave).
Old 03-21-2017, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I can understand the desire to post "insane" tweets and Facebook comments in order to point and laugh; I do hope that we all can refrain from implying that they are representative of Stevie fans and/or Buckingham Nicks fans in general.
IA with this.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm excited for Buckingham McVie; I hope it does well. I guess I too am what many would consider a "Chiffonhead" and I will love and support Stevie until the day I die. What I don't understand is why can't we hope that Buckingham McVie wins awards without also hoping it's a dig against Stevie. The members of Fleetwood Mac seem to be content with their own respective projects, why can't the fans as well. This really seems like a win-win situation to me. Lindsey and Chris get to make and promote an album, and Stevie gets to continue doing what she loves with her critically acclaimed solo tour. Then they will probably all get back together for a Fleetwood Mac tour. I love all members of this band, and I want to see them all successful and happy, however that may be.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
lol well there's always people like that anywhere you go but i can assure you i check plenty of FM/Stevie twitters and they're fine. some of them were photoshopping christine's head over stevie's body on the BN album cover, i saw somebody's edit (and this person would probably be considered a 'chiffon') got a lot of retweets actually
I saw that..
Old 03-21-2017, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Agreed, 24karatstevie. Why assume that Mick's complimenting of Lindsey and Christine's work is necessarily an insult to Stevie? Didn't he just attend one of her concerts and praise her work as well?

Old 03-22-2017, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Agreed, 24karatstevie. Why assume that Mick's complimenting of Lindsey and Christine's work is necessarily an insult to Stevie? Didn't he just attend one of her concerts and praise her work as well?
It was how the title was worded. Very click bait-y. If you read the actual thing, it sounded perfectly fine within context but most people never actually read the thing.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:28 AM

Isn't this just a cut and paste from a previous article?
Old 03-22-2017, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Everyone on the twitters I follow, and I follow plenty as well some instagrams, is perfectly sane
Maybe it's the odd 1 or 2 over the top people you're talking about but everyone I know of is fine, whether they're 'chiffons' or 'shippers', they even make a good few jokes about it.
Yes. I haven't heard any crazy rants on twitter regarding this. As you said, there may be an odd 1 or 2 over the top, pot-stirrers, but I haven't come across any.
Most "chiffon heads" I know could care less that Buckingham McVie are doing their own thing. A lot of them are happy about it as it frees up Stevie to add tour dates or record another solo project.
I was thinking more about why this project wasn't just called Fleetwood Mac ... it's probably the record execs. I doubt an of the band members would care if they called it a Fleetwood Mac record.
I'm happy for you all that this is happening though.

Jamie
Old 03-22-2017, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
This quote is a few weeks old now and has been posted here a lot. That being said, he said that about Say You will as well. But I pray he's right! If they get a grammy nod that will be a big FU to Stevie. She loves the spotlight more then anything and that will drive her NUTS!
I won't hold my breath for any awards. I don't care about sales either. But I do hope it gets good critical reviews. That's what I will consider important.

Michele
Old 03-22-2017, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's very interesting that FM still thrives on drama, including many fans. I think most of the drama currently going on is happening more online with fans than between the actual members of the band, to be honest.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
It's very interesting that FM still thrives on drama, including many fans. I think most of the drama currently going on is happening more online with fans than between the actual members of the band, to be honest.
that is most likely very true.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
It's all rumours.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be totally honest about the whole thing. I'm excited for this album. Those two with Mick and John should sound like vintage Mac. Anything similar to Tango and I will love it. However. I'm so gutted that Stevie won't be on it. They need her voice in the mix. Just listen to Little Lies. When she comes in the chorus with "Tell me lies" it gives me chills.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it nonetheless.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
I'll be totally honest about the whole thing. I'm excited for this album. Those two with Mick and John should sound like vintage Mac. Anything similar to Tango and I will love it. However. I'm so gutted that Stevie won't be on it. They need her voice in the mix. Just listen to Little Lies. When she comes in the chorus with "Tell me lies" it gives me chills.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it nonetheless.

I'm with you on this James89!