The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New studio EP as a compromise - thoughts?

No, Fleetwood Mac are not releasing another EP at this stage. But should they? Stevie could contribute Space Needle or Julia or another vault song if she can't be bothered to write something new.

And Lindsey has some songs in the can, slated for a solo release, but he could give two of them to Fleetwood Mac.

I'd see it like this:

1. Lindsey new song
2. Christine new song
3. Stevie new song/vault song
4. Lindsey new song

Could be a happy compromise with Stevie to give the fans new music without having to spend a year in the studio with her supposed bestie and ex-boyfriend.

Thoughts?

Just for fun:

Last edited by secret love; 08-19-2017 at 06:07 PM..
Old 08-19-2017, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No offense, but with 3 writers, I think an EP is a dumb idea.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

If Stevie says she wont do a new album with the Mac, why would she suddenly agree to an EP? She does not like studio time with Lindsey and says music does not sell. Not sure she would want to be a part of this.
Personally I would not want to see it either. What a shame the last effort by the group to be an EP.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd prefer another LB/CM album.

Or a FULL FM album. No reason these three songwriters should half ass it at this point.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I'd prefer another LB/CM album.

Or a FULL FM album. No reason these three songwriters should half ass it at this point.
Same here.

Actually, there's one reason. 20%.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

Their Legacy demands a final double album. I will take anything. It's such a crucial time now, here at the end of the band, to go out on a high note with dignity. So confused why it's not happening.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthompson View Post
Their Legacy demands a final double album. I will take anything. It's such a crucial time now, here at the end of the band, to go out on a high note with dignity. So confused why it's not happening.

In the land of never, never...
Legacy ..is a great title for their last Mac5 album.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthompson View Post
I demand a final double album, ha, ha. I don't know about an EP. Part of me feels like I'll take what I can get and part of me feels like why bother. Maybe if they linked the EP to the last one somehow. Barely anyone is aware of it. I still have a teaspoon of hope for a final something.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think most FM fans would love one more album, but Stevie clearly doesn't want to record with Lindsay anymore, so it won't happen. Even though that thought disappoints me, in a way I'm ok with it, too. I pretty much hated the new songs the band performed for the Dance album- Temporary One and Sweet Girl were bad, although My Little Demon and Bleed to Love Her were better, but still sounded like filler to me. Besides, if the FM 2018 tour is really their last one, I'd rather hear the songs they know we love vs forgettable new ones. While I'm sure there are some die-hard fans who would rather hear them perform Sweet Girl and Temporary One and Bleed to Love Her over Landslide and Little Lies and Go Your Own Way because they're sick of them, most of the concert attendees would revolt!
Old 08-20-2017, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If they do a standard 10-12 song album, Stevie's contribution could be the three songs I included in my post or similar - but Space Needle, Julia and Castaway are all strong songs...Space Needle could be shorter and tighter but is still strong.

So why isn't this happening? Would Ms Nicks really rather release Songs from the Vault 2 and extend the 24 Karat Gold Tour into 2019 after touring with the Mac? If so, that is a sad state of affairs. Most casual fans are not familiar with Space Needle and other old demos. They would consider it new music. And other more diehard fans might even be happy to have perfected, finished versions of their favourite unreleased tracks.

Stevie carried on after Say You Will about not wanting to tour or record another album unless Christine came back. Maybe she said this because she thought it would never happen so she was effectively saying in her mind that there will NEVER be a new Fleetwood Mac album on her say so. Yes?

The charade has gone on far too long. Red Sun by Fleetwood Mac is the final swansong album by this band. The red sun has kissed the sea. It has set. Their recording career is over.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

With the return of Christine, the 50th anniversary, and the inevitable end of the band before too long, I would take anything, anything as a final recorded statement by the band. I'm prepared to take Stevie's assertions that she doesn't write that much these days at face value. So I'm prepared to set my own bar of what could happen fairly low and have accepted that a full album is 95% unlikely to happen.

It would be a bit of a fag-end to a recording oeuvre but a five or six song EP would be fine by me, even if it had just one or two new songs from each of Christine and Lindsey, a couple of re-worked Buckingam McVie tracks with some added layered Stevie vocals (Carnival Begin, On with the show, Love is here to stay or Red Sun would work well) to fill it out, and a new recording of one of Stevie's songs that had never made it to an album, maybe Joan of Arc. Others more familiar with her demos might be able to suggest a better alternative.

It's just so sad that we've come to this point in this way. Ultimately we don't own these people and each have their own plough to furrow so directing any anger at one particular individual is not going to achieve much besides venting personal disappointment.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I demand a final double album, ha, ha. I don't know about an EP. Part of me feels like I'll take what I can get and part of me feels like why bother. Maybe if they linked the EP to the last one somehow. Barely anyone is aware of it. I still have a teaspoon of hope for a final something.
I want a TABLESPOON of something - double album!
Old 08-20-2017, 08:38 AM
Mr Scarrott
This message has been deleted by Mr Scarrott. Reason: duplicate posting in error
Old 08-20-2017, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

All a thread like this is going to do is start even MORE back and forth arguments about how bad a person Stevie is or isn't
Of course they aren't going to do an EP if she won't do an album.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I want a TABLESPOON of something - double album!
I asked Mick for a double album during a meet and greet. Double album will always be my #1. Always.
His response was diplomatic-he thanked me for wanting that amount of music then explained how difficult it is to get everyone to work on a project that big for that long.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just think we should be greatful all 5 fireflies are still alive and working still. solo. Buckvie. And as a final farewell tour of the 5 together.
Would a final album be great? YES! Of course. But we already know the odds of that happening.
An EP for sure is not even in the cards if an album isn't happening.
I just grow tired of the constant bickering of members of the board and people being called out on a regular basis for posting.
There is far more drama on the board than between the members of the band.
And I am certain somebody is gonna "call me out" for even posting this reply.