Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-20-2003, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

For the duration of this tour, there have been a core group of people on this board who continuosly post and help the other board members find good seats. Suddenly, at the end of the tour, after what, 40 dates now one of the fan club minions comes over here and starts posting about great seats. Great seats to shows that AREN"T SELLING WELL. Hey, thanks for the favor. I'll give you one thing, you're earning those perks.
Maybe the band will realize that at $125 a ticket they have priced many of their fans right out of the market. But I doubt it. As far as this mess that has turned out to be the fan club goes, either the band is living in a bubble or they don't give a ****. So the next time you want to help us all out Pix why don't you really do us all a favor? TELL THEM.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't want to get into the debate about the fan club..I just want to make a point about the Grand Forks show. The arena sits 20,000 people. There were probably about 12,000 tickets sold as of a week ago. Please, understand Grand Forks has about 50,000 people in the entire city. All of North Dakota has 600,000 people in it. You just are not going to sell 20,000 tickets in a market that small. In 1997 Fleetwood Mac drew a crowd of 10,000 for a show in Fargo. While I agree $125 is steep for concerts, I think the tickets sales for the other 82 dates on this tour have shown that people are willing to pay the price.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
For the duration of this tour, there have been a core group of people on this board who continuosly post and help the other board members find good seats. Suddenly, at the end of the tour, after what, 40 dates now one of the fan club minions comes over here and starts posting about great seats. Great seats to shows that AREN"T SELLING WELL. Hey, thanks for the favor. I'll give you one thing, you're earning those perks.
Maybe the band will realize that at $125 a ticket they have priced many of their fans right out of the market. But I doubt it. As far as this mess that has turned out to be the fan club goes, either the band is living in a bubble or they don't give a ****. So the next time you want to help us all out Pix why don't you really do us all a favor? TELL THEM.

Everything you said!

These shows for the second-leg have not been selling nearly as well as the first shows. I don't think there has even been one sell-out for any of the second-leg US shows. Has there been? The reason they aren't selling well is because of the ticket prices. Who in the hell can afford two overpriced tickets to see them with this Bush-ified economy? Not too many. Why else would all these good seats start showing up?

To all of Jonathan Todd's minions, we all know that you don't give a flying f*ck about whether or not others are getting screwed by this bastard. You've gotten kickbacks ala good seats (which were probably free) for being such willing suckers. JT keeps on screwing and you guys keep cheering the big stud on. So, before any of you from that board come over here and offer your help, clue yourselves into how all the fans that were screwed feel about you and your svengali. You are not held in high regard, you aren't even viewed in low regard: you're viewed as scum, just as much as Jonathan Todd. Honestly, in my mind, you are even worse than he is because you are aiding in the screwing of fellow fans who love the same band you do. It's sickening. So, in response:

Get a life...I'm out.

Old 08-20-2003, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention

So, before any of you from that board come over here and offer your help, clue yourselves into how all the fans that were screwed feel about you and your svengali. You are not held in high regard, you aren't even viewed in low regard: you're viewed as scum, just as much as Jonathan Todd. Honestly, in my mind, you are even worse than he is because you are aiding in the screwing of fellow fans who love the same band you do. It's sickening.
What she said.

And Pix, (cause Im sure your reading this - if not one of the "viceroy minions" are) Im shocked you didnt delete your thread! Because, you full well know how to do that - you've done it before.

I have nothing nice to say to you Pix - you cant even give me the decency of returning an email asking WHY I was kicked off of your board. So if your looking for a friend in me, you wont find one, and I wont hesitate on calling you out to what you really are.

But wait... I know WHY I was kicked off... cause I was pointing out you and your other cohort-viceroy were breaking your own rules by posting copyrighted materials in your self-created "weekly photo" folders. Hmm...

There are several awesome users over here (Livia is one) who have been angels for other fans, checking ticketmaster and the like (even from Pip who is in the UK!!)... funny how you come around with your "help" now.

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 08-20-2003, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Pix
I come here to tell you guys about tickets and you come after me.

Trin
Why now? Where was your help when it could have meant something? Sorry to be so cynical towards you, but you clearly made your own bed. Don't get cranky now if you have to lie in it. What else do you expect from those who got ripped by your good friend JT? I know these boards aren't just for fan club complaints. It's ok to post what ya want, Trin. Just be prepared to have your motives questioned. It's only natural. It's the logical reaction to the way you've played things out, Trin. Sorry bout that.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by glitter_fades
What else do you expect from those who got ripped by your good friend JT?
He expects us to grovel just as he and every other ass-kisser at that site does.

Miss Mick Balls was the wise one, she hasn't made a single appearance...yet.

Old 08-20-2003, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by John Run
I don't want to get into the debate about the fan club..I just want to make a point about the Grand Forks show. The arena sits 20,000 people. There were probably about 12,000 tickets sold as of a week ago. Please, understand Grand Forks has about 50,000 people in the entire city. All of North Dakota has 600,000 people in it. You just are not going to sell 20,000 tickets in a market that small. In 1997 Fleetwood Mac drew a crowd of 10,000 for a show in Fargo. While I agree $125 is steep for concerts, I think the tickets sales for the other 82 dates on this tour have shown that people are willing to pay the price.
John, your point is well taken. However let's not forget some of the shows were buy one and get one free or had a reduced ticket price after they originally didn't sell well. Grand Forks is just one case. There have been plenty of posts that I have read, many of them on this board from fans who will not be seeing Fleetwood Mac on this tour because it's too expensive. As far as paying $125, what choice did we have? I would also like to point out that the European dates are far less expensive that the U.S. dates. It's extremely expensive to travel with a band and road crew to Europe. So why are the tickets less expensive?
Old 08-20-2003, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's extremely expensive to travel with a band and road crew to Europe. So why are the tickets less expensive?
Because I don't think the demand is as great over there. It is for the die-hard fans (Pip comes to mind LOL), but for the general population, I don't think any would pay that kind of price.

Old 08-20-2003, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think you're right dissention. I also think that Mick and John probably feel a certain resposibility to play there.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wouldn't say that the tickets are far less expensive over here. Some are... I agree... Front row for Birmingham would set you back £70 (including fees etc) which is about $111.65. London has been far more expensive £87.45 which is around $140. The Brits are renoundly tight with money so more often the cheaper seats sell out first. I hear that the Stones ticket prices are twice the price of the FM ones.

Pip
Old 08-20-2003, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think you're right dissention. I also think that Mick and John probably feel a certain resposibility to play there.
About bloody time!!

Pip
Old 08-20-2003, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I also think that Mick and John probably feel a certain resposibility to play there.
I think Mick feels a responsibilty to play wherever he'll make money...

Old 08-20-2003, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
John, your point is well taken. However let's not forget some of the shows were buy one and get one free or had a reduced ticket price after they originally didn't sell well. Grand Forks is just one case. There have been plenty of posts that I have read, many of them on this board from fans who will not be seeing Fleetwood Mac on this tour because it's too expensive. As far as paying $125, what choice did we have? I would also like to point out that the European dates are far less expensive that the U.S. dates. It's extremely expensive to travel with a band and road crew to Europe. So why are the tickets less expensive?
If it is that expensive them I can't understand why they are hitting so few countries on a so called 'european leg'

Pip
Old 08-20-2003, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
I think Mick feels a responsibilty to play wherever he'll make money...

LOL! Without a doubt!

Pip
Old 08-20-2003, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They do have a duty to turn out for their Brit fans. I'm all for that. I'm just feeling a little used. US fans made them an arena supergroup. Now we're subsidizing their homecoming? It doesn't seem right. The band could have made the whole tour more affordable...if they'd wanted to. They just made sure they went for the money grab while it lasted here. Now they can afford to be humble and not overcharge even if it's more expensive to play there. How sweet.