Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-08-2007, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472 View Post
And Smashing Pumpkins blew me away. Like, I was in awe.
I was excited to see the performance but I've got to say, I saw them live back in the day when James and D'Arcy were in the band and it's going to take some getting used to this new version if I can.
Also what is this bull**** with their new record? You have to buy four of them to get the bonus tracks?
Old 07-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I was excited to see the performance but I've got to say, I saw them live back in the day when James and D'Arcy were in the band and it's going to take some getting used to this new version if I can.
Also what is this bull**** with their new record? You have to buy four of them to get the bonus tracks?
yes, and each version is exclusive to a different store. it's bull**** ... are the record companies really that suicidal? talk about a cluster****.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I only caught the tail end of this (I'm horrified I missed Yusef Islam- I grew up on Cat Stevens and I adore him), but I kind of enjoyed what I saw. I was so surprised at how Duran Duran (and Sting, for that matter) sounded. It seems as though there has been no vocal changes in either one of them! That "Hey You" song by Madonna was painful (even though she looked great). And Kanye Whoever rapping during The Police's performance was laughable. As much as I love Metallica, I thought James Hetfield's voice sounded pretty rough and Lars looked like a little troll behind the drum kit. I thought Kelly Clarkson and the Beastie Boys were great, too. Oh! And I loved the Pink Floyd pig too! The kids dancing on the stage were too awesome.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i watched some it after i got home from work i loved kelly clarkson and madonna.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Police and Roger Waters were the best. Although it looked like the crowd only knew Another Brick In the Wall Pt. 2, then people got up. Bon Jovi was good but not as great as they usually are. Was Jon letting Richie hit all the high notes or what? Madge I was a little disappointed with. She did the same moves and everything as the Confessions Tour for Hung Up but Hey You was great and that lucky little bitch got her armed wrapped around her by Madonna. Oh... Did Kanye totally ruin Message in A Bottle or what? "YEA, WE GOTTA SAVE DA WORLD!" I wish Sting would have beat him over the head with his guitar.

Just saw La Isla Bonita and Ray of Light...AWESOME. I love the two skels that played with her

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 07-08-2007 at 09:26 AM..
Old 07-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

La Isla Bonita was really good.... different, but I like it. Enjoyed Dave Matthews Band as well. As for the Police, Just ok. Would have been much bgetter if Kanye West wouldn't have runied. Still on the "need new leaders" Look man, everyone knows that and almost everyone hates our leaders. Its beating a dead horse.

Great concert. I would have killed to be in London!

Last edited by 77Rumours77; 07-08-2007 at 09:37 AM..
Old 07-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77 View Post
Enjoyed Dave Matthews Band as well.
Ha, I sat through his whole performance, or most of it. I cant stand him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
As for the Police, Just ok. Would have been much bgetter if Kanye West wouldn't have runied.
IAWTC. The Police are great, but Kanye had to ruin my fav song, MIAB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours76
Great concert. I would have killed to be in London!
I said that about Live 8, but not this one. Throughout the day they showed up what was going on in London, and tbh, I would only have liked to see DD and RHCP. Everyone else looked bad.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Yeah I know. But they still rocked the place. It was soooooo loud.

Also, they threw in a plug for their new album Zeitgeist, which a lot of people were a little turned off by, tbh. But other than that they were great.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

^^Ryan, the whole day sounds like a blast! I thought Smashing Pumpkins were awesome.

Re: Melissa E., I agree with Chris that her FBI file probably takes up an entire room. I love her whole "what happened to us?" Musically, though, I much prefer the 90's-filled-with-sexual-tension Melissa over her new sing-a-song-for-every-cause Melissa. I think she is very sincere, but her political songs come across like she took 100 bumper stickers and sewed them together.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472 View Post
Yeah I know. But they still rocked the place. It was soooooo loud.

Also, they threw in a plug for their new album Zeitgeist, which a lot of people were a little turned off by, tbh. But other than that they were great.
Yeah the whole "Don't illegally download it like you did with our other records" sounded a bit preachy. I mean Jesus Billy, you're a millionaire.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post

Re: Melissa E., I agree with Chris that her FBI file probably takes up an entire room. I love her whole "what happened to us?" Musically, though, I much prefer the 90's-filled-with-sexual-tension Melissa over her new sing-a-song-for-every-cause Melissa. I think she is very sincere, but her political songs come across like she took 100 bumper stickers and sewed them together.
It's the David Crosby gene in her children. There's some kind of osmosis going on there.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
I only caught the tail end of this (I'm horrified I missed Yusuf Islam- I grew up on Cat Stevens and I adore him),
You can watch his perfomance, as well as any other performances that you missed here:

http://entimg.msn.com/i/ExperienceDa...&ep=le_hamburg
Old 07-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Bon Jovi was good but not as great as they usually are. Was Jon letting Richie hit all the high notes or what?
Yes. And he has for the last 10 or 15 years.

I've been watching clips on the net, and I haven't been overly impressed by anyone so far. Madonna's intro to Ray of Light was like a bad Courtney Love impersonation. Foos were kickass, as usual.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Foos were kickass, as usual.
I thought they ruined Everlong though.