User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Thumbs up Fleetwood Mac filming Big Love 1987

Christine looks incredible. Funny how young everyone looks. Stevie looks pretty good but her polka dot dress is a miss IMHO. Filmed 04/01/1987

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9mq3S908WI

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-06-2018 at 05:42 PM..
Old 01-06-2018, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Christine looks incredible. Funny how young everyone looks. Stevie looks pretty good but her polka dot dress is a miss IMHO. Filmed 04/01/1987

Christine looked really good during the Tango era. The big 80s hair and heavy makeup worked for her. However, she did not look as good during her solo stint.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:

Oh my God!! Christine really does look stunning!! Holy cow!!

Stevie's hair is hilarious..
Old 01-06-2018, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There should be a poll. Who had the worst mid 80's hair. Lindsey during Go Insane/We Are the World was ridiculous even for 1984. Almost new age nerdy. It looked like Christine got run over by a lawn mower for her video "Got a hold on me." Who the hell butchered her hair? I hated Stevie's hair during I cant wait/Tango with the side bangs, puffy on top, and sort of straight down the sides. She looked like a mushroom Even in the 80's I was like WTF? These people are so good looking but who the hell is doing their hair?
Old 01-06-2018, 07:58 PM

Christine's hair during 1984 was horrible to great.

It evolved as the tour went on... but initially that perm was exactly like you say.. someone ran her over.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I already see glimpses of BuckVie here.

I love everyone 80's hair. Can't complain much. It reminds me of an era that won't come back.

Thanks so much for posting it!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In these people's defense, the 80's was a HORRIBLE decade for fashion trends. There's nothing timeless or stylish about it. Couple that with the fact that these people were all in or approaching their 40's by then. Big sprayed hair is so dated and tacky.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
In these people's defense, the 80's was a HORRIBLE decade for fashion trends. There's nothing timeless or stylish about it. Couple that with the fact that these people were all in or approaching their 40's by then. Big sprayed hair is so dated and tacky.
Stevie used to wear those big wide belts on the RAL tour - very very mid 80's. Christine's most 80's outfit is her 1984 American Bandstand performance. Her oversized jacket screams 1984. The big hair I don't mind. I hated when Stevie started wearing shoulder pads which was a late 80's trend. I also hated when she wore gloves because I believe a true rock star never wears gloves. I also hated Stevie's "Debbie Gibson" style hat she wore during Gold Dust Woman and World turning during the 1987 tour. I always thought Lindsey had good styling sense. I loved it when he cut off all his hair for the Tusk tour. But in 1984 he looked so bad even with wearing your mid-80s glasses.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-09-2018 at 06:00 AM..
Old 01-09-2018, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie used to wear those big wide belts on the RAL tour - very very mid 80's. Christine's most 80's outfit is her 1984 American Bandstand performance. Her oversized jacket screams 1984. The big hair I don't mind. I hated when Stevie started wearing shoulder pads which was a late 80's trend. I also hated when she wore gloves because I believe a true rock star never wears gloves. I also hated Stevie's "Debbie Gibson" style hat she wore during Gold Dust Woman and World turning during the 1987 tour. I always thought Lindsey had good styling sense. I loved it when he cut off all his hair for the Tusk tour. But in 1984 he looked so bad even with wearing your mid-80s glasses.

Christine looked really good in all the music videos, tour videos, and photo shoots for Tango.

https://youtu.be/wuVCuhAjPdg

Also, Christine looks really good in this interview ^
Old 01-09-2018, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Christine looked really good in all the music videos, tour videos, and photo shoots for Tango.

https://youtu.be/wuVCuhAjPdg

Also, Christine looks really good in this interview ^

Christine looked fabulous around the Tango era and yes she looked great in all the videos.
For some reason she looked a bit dowdy for the back cover shot for the Tango vinyl. She's otherwise dressed glamorously and with big hair around that time but for that cover she looked like she was ready for a pint down the local pub.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-09-2018, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Christine looked fabulous around the Tango era and yes she looked great in all the videos.
For some reason she looked a bit dowdy for the back cover shot for the Tango vinyl. She's otherwise dressed glamorously and with big hair around that time but for that cover she looked like she was ready for a pint down the local pub.
I agree that Christine rocked the 80's even late 80's. She was so hot during the 1990 tour and wore the shortest skirts ever. She looked frumpy during the Got A Hold on Me video. It almost seemed they tried to make her look old and out of style. I also think she had way too much make up on for Love Will Show Us How.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHYo...2A7ED144A764A6
Old 01-09-2018, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree that Christine rocked the 80's even late 80's. She was so hot during the 1990 tour and wore the shortest skirts ever. She looked frumpy during the Got A Hold on Me video. It almost seemed they tried to make her look old and out of style. I also think she had way too much make up on for Love Will Show Us How.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHYo...2A7ED144A764A6

Love Will Show Us How...
Part 'Boy George', part 'Gridiron', part 'Lady of the night'.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-09-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Love Will Show Us How...
Part 'Boy George', part 'Gridiron', part 'Lady of the night'.
bravo!!!
Old 01-09-2018, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I also hated Stevie's "Debbie Gibson" style hat she wore during Gold Dust Woman and World turning during the 1987 tour.
Girl, you couldn't have said it better! That Debbie Gibson "Only In My Dreams"/"Electric Youth" hat that Stevie wore on the '87 Shake The Cage Tour was ridiculous! Those costume jewels on the front of the "Shake Your Love" hat were the ultimate cheese!
Old 01-10-2018, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Girl, you couldn't have said it better! That Debbie Gibson "Only In My Dreams"/"Electric Youth" hat that Stevie wore on the '87 Shake The Cage Tour was ridiculous! Those costume jewels on the front of the "Shake Your Love" hat were the ultimate cheese!
Yes but it was so 80's.
The worst part is when she started to add the "oh yeah's" to Gold Dust Woman. She brought them along on her 1989 solo tour and again for the Mac's 1990 tour.
Pick your path and I'll pray (OH YEAH)
Wake up in the morning...see your sunrise love to go down (OH YEAH)
You better put your kingdom up for sale (YOU BETTER SELL IT, SELL IT SELL IT SELL IT)
no no no no no no no no no no... not again babe... not again

I think the klonopin was kicking in during this time and she relied on such things to over compensate for the lack of intensity of her live performances. I HATE all live versions of Gold Dust Woman 1987-1990. The WORST was 1989 and the technotronic version of it

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-10-2018 at 06:41 AM..