User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
The board she posts on has 60,000 members.
make that 60,001
(yep, I joined!)
Old 09-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
make that 60,001
(yep, I joined!)
Good for you. I think you'll like it.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 09-11-2005, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998
That is soooo...2004! lol
Old 09-11-2005, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It soooo still applies.....

edited to add sarcasm...

Last edited by sara1998; 09-11-2005 at 01:32 AM..
Old 09-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

http://rasmussenreports.com/2005/Kat...ember%2018.htm

Bush Katrina Ratings Fall After Speech

Survey of 1,000 Adults

September 16-17, 2005

President Bush Response to

Hurricane Katrina

Excellent 17%
Good 18%
Fair 23%
Poor 41%
RasmussenReports.com

September 18, 2005--Thirty-five percent (35%) of Americans now say that President Bush has done a good or excellent job responding to Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath. That's down from 39% before his speech from New Orleans.

The latest Rasmussen Reports survey shows that 41% give the President poor marks for handling the crisis, that's up 37% before the speech.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
http://rasmussenreports.com/2005/Kat...ember%2018.htm

Bush Katrina Ratings Fall After Speech

Survey of 1,000 Adults

September 16-17, 2005

President Bush Response to

Hurricane Katrina

Excellent 17%
Good 18%
Fair 23%
Poor 41%
RasmussenReports.com

September 18, 2005--Thirty-five percent (35%) of Americans now say that President Bush has done a good or excellent job responding to Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath. That's down from 39% before his speech from New Orleans.

The latest Rasmussen Reports survey shows that 41% give the President poor marks for handling the crisis, that's up 37% before the speech.

I'm speechless. Thanks for posting.

Old 09-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention

I'm speechless. Thanks for posting.
Shockec because you thought they would go up after his speech? I'm glad they went down, are people waking up to his tricks?

Did you hear Randy's "interview" with Dean this week? She went on a rant about how Bush and the feds deliberately witheld aid to punish the governor for not doing what they wanted - federalizing the Guard. He was speechless. I wish Randy would let her guests talk though. Geez.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Shockec because you thought they would go up after his speech? I'm glad they went down, are people waking up to his tricks?
I was convinced he'd shoot up 15 points! Until now, nothing stuck to him. NOTHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Did you hear Randy's "interview" with Dean this week? She went on a rant about how Bush and the feds deliberately witheld aid to punish the governor for not doing what they wanted - federalizing the Guard. He was speechless. I wish Randy would let her guests talk though. Geez.
I heard it. He didn't know what to say when she said part of the reason for the slow response was to make the Dems look bad (Nagin, Blanco, etc.).

Old 09-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was convinced he'd shoot up 15 points! Until now, nothing stuck to him. NOTHING..
Hallelujah!

Quote:
I heard it. He didn't know what to say when she said part of the reason for the slow response was to make the Dems look bad (Nagin, Blanco, etc.).
I know, he just said "Wow. I'm not quite the conspiracy theorist you are but..." Then Randy, "Oh COME ON!" She's really losing it. Dubya has put her over the edge.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

http://www.nola.com/newslogs/tporlea...16.html#080431

Higher-than-expected death toll seen in clustered New Orleans corpses

By Michael Perlstein
Staff writer

Tentative optimism that New Orleans’ death toll from Katrina might be far lower than first projected has given way to somber reality over the past 36 hours as search and rescue squad turn up bodies by the dozen in the hardest hit areas of the city.

By mid-afternoon Friday, the black triangles used to designate human remains were multiplying on an emergency command center map. Federal Emergency Management Agency rescue squad liaison Charles Hood said a spike in discoveries Friday has started to take an emotional toll on rescue workers.

“Our squad members are getting access to trauma and grief counselors,” Hood said. “It’s becoming a very difficult task.”

The state is in charge of releasing Katrina’s official death total, which stood at 579 Friday evening. Hood said the periodic reports from his seven 80-person squads indicate the casualty count is going to jump in the coming days, but declined to speculate on what the number would climb to. One squad alone located and marked more than a dozen houses containing dead people on Friday.

“Parts of the city have become a target-rich environment for human remains,” Hood said. “We’re just now getting into the areas that experienced the most rapid inundation.”

Large chunks of the city, including parts of Gentilly, the Desire-Florida area and Upper 9th Ward, have revealed tell-tale signs that the two breaches of the London Avenue Canal led to a rapid rush of floodwater that caught scores of residents off-guard. The surprise factor was only worsened in that the fast-rising water, more than 12 feet in spots, came well after the storm had passed.

“Those are areas where the people were probably asleep when the water rushed in,” Hood said.

The Urban Search and Rescue Squads are now bracing for inspections of still-unchecked neighborhoods that experienced rapid inundation, such as the Lower 9th Ward. The inspections are referred to as “secondary searches,” in which squad members are breaking into homes to conduct room-to-room searches, Hood said. In some cases, workers have been breaking through roofs and attics before checking off houses as “all clear.”

While Thursday and Friday’s developments were mostly grim, the discovery of a 70-year-old man, alive and well after being trapped for 17 days, brought cheers from the beleaguered rescue squads. He was the first “live” discovery by the squads in two days, Hood said. The man was found in an area below the University of New Orleans campus, but other details about the rescue were unavailable late Friday.

“That is really going to help give momentum to everybody,” Hood said. “As bad as things are out there, we’re still holding out hope that we can find others like him.”
Old 09-18-2005, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was convinced he'd shoot up 15 points! Until now, nothing stuck to him. NOTHING.
Me too - I think maybe people are finally seeing the light. Now, if the D's (or preferably the Green Party) could only get some viable candidates, we'd be in luck.

save the cheerleader - save the world