Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
It's just you.
Alrighty then....
Old 02-10-2015, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
One time in Europe she called Cory Buckingham out for streaming the words on the teleprompter wrong. Back then, Cory was in charge of it.

Michele
Yes I remember reading that somewhere.I guess Stevie really does rely on the ol' prompter.I guess she doesn't listen to her songs 50 times a week like we doShe's too busy taking self - portraits.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
One time in Europe she called Cory Buckingham out for streaming the words on the teleprompter wrong. Back then, Cory was in charge of it.

Michele
Does/did Cory input them or what??? How can you get them wrong unless its all being manually done??

I noticed during Lindsey's sessions for SoundStage that they did not use teleprompters , BUT used simple handwritten set lists on the floor near his foot pedals.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
Does/did Cory input them or what??? How can you get them wrong unless its all being manually done??

I noticed during Lindsey's sessions for SoundStage that they did not use teleprompters , BUT used simple handwritten set lists on the floor near his foot pedals.
They have set lists in front of Lindsey during concerts. On the floor right by his mic. I have one. And I have one from his solo show a few years ago too. He must have good eyesight, the printing is not that big.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Cory was streaming the wrong song when it wasn't time for it in the set, apparently.

Michele
Old 06-21-2016, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think every concert I've ever been to had teleprompters on stage, so I think it's funny anyone is bothered by this. Guess what, they even put the set list on the stage, too.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandbackStevie View Post
I think all the artists today use the teleprompters. I think its alright to have them on hand in case you mind goes blank boy do i have those days all the time.
You are correct. The use of teleprompters during live concerts has become fairly commonplace nowadays. Depending on where you are sitting and your view of the stage, you might have view of them. When I'm at an arena show, I like to buy tickets on the SIDE of the arena, so I have a close up view from the side. I've witnessed more than a few artists using these teleprompters in the past few years.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

Whenever I prompt singers, the tour manager gives me a word file and I load that file into the prompter program. Either the entire show is in the same doc, or each song is a different file. I can pull up whatever song at any given time and also given a hard copy of the set list so I can arrange the songs in the proper order. If something was wrong in the prompter, it's 99.9999999% of the time because someone gave the wrong file/info. People on stage LOVE to blame prompter peeps when THEY mess up! Ha!

Usually, freelance prompter peeps use the professional programs, and they run around $3500 for each computer ( you have to have a the main and a back up running simultaneously). I use Telescript Pro. The cheaper ones ( under a $1000) are great for video shoots, however, for live, you need a pro with pro gear that's reliable.

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 06-22-2016, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
Whenever I prompt singers, the tour manager gives me a word file and I load that file into the prompter program. Either the entire show is in the same doc, or each song is a different file. I can pull up whatever song at any given time and also given a hard copy of the set list so I can arrange the songs in the proper order. If something was wrong in the prompter, it's 99.9999999% of the time because someone gave the wrong file/info. People on stage LOVE to blame prompter peeps when THEY mess up! Ha!

Usually, freelance prompter peeps use the professional programs, and they run around $3500 for each computer ( you have to have a the main and a back up running simultaneously). I use Telescript Pro. The cheaper ones ( under a $1000) are great for video shoots, however, for live, you need a pro with pro gear that's reliable.
Thank you for explaining this. I love technology explained.