The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-28-2018, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The tour will sell out because the casual fan doesn't know the difference. They are hiding what happened with a red penguin. The concert will be fine , but missing Lindsey's magic, but Stevie will be reveling (secretly) in the fact that she got Lindsey kicked out and it is now basically her band. No more discussion of Lindsey on stage, but now it will be her discussing how much she missed Tom. SURE the tour will sell fine, but how do these freaking people SLEEP AT NIGHT!
#whoarethesepeople

BTW I'm pretty good judge of character which has been proven over and over again in my personal life. My love of Stevie didn't turn the last couple of years for NO reason. I picked up on her increasing bitterness, arrogance, and self important diva behavior.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
my understanding of the Sirius interview, given that it is on the Rolling Stone channel, is that it is the actual recording of the interview out of which they wrote up the printed article.

So the recording lets you hear everything that was said, not just what they condensed into the written article. That would explain why certain parts are verbatim, because those are the parts pulled out for the written article.
yup, you are correct.

when i said verbatim - what i meant is exact same wording and phrasing as in the CBS interview. they have the script, and they are acting it out.

the whole audio is interesting because you hear extra parts, not in the original script. still, the most interesting part of the audio is the commentary of the 2 RS guys who interviewed them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-28-2018, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
I think if there's a BuckVie 2, it will have a different back up band
Not really. I can see it now:

“Well Chris and I were recording an album and we called up Mick and John since they worked on our last one and I had also asked Stevie to drop by to do some harmony in one of my songs and then we were all in the studio and it was like ‘doesn’t this feel good?’ That’s what lead to the reconvening of these five people!”

- Lindsey Buckingham, Fleetwood Mac Farewell Tour 2022

My hope is that they are all healthy and able to tour for the next 5 or so years. If so, based on their history and the gobs of money it would make for the five of them to do a farewell tour, I definitely see it happening. But who knows, maybe Lindsey is truly done with it all.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
when i said verbatim - what i meant is exact same wording and phrasing as in the CBS interview. they have the script, and they are acting it out.
It is no doubt scripted for legal reasons. I wonder if there was a legal settlement with Lindsey or whether they are merely in protective mode. Lindsey’s silence is bewildering - he either can’t say something because of a settlement or he is waiting for one of the four to say something implicating the group.

Last edited by lbfan; 04-28-2018 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old 04-28-2018, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Omg more of these same old stories that she somehow tries to tie back to the question asked....

Lindsey probably didn't want to do the older blues stuff because he probably felt there were songs of their own they could dust off and try, that hadn't been done before!! But now she's ok with Station Man etc after HOW MANY comments about people coming for the hits...

Lindsey should seriously just keep quiet for the next 6 months and let them really embarrass themselves.

Critics will eat them alive if they do stop dragging, stand back, and don't dream it's over. This is Mick Fleetwoods All Star Band, not Fleetwood Mac.

Omg this is hysterical, I actually thought this has the stench of “Ringo’s All Star Band”
Old 04-28-2018, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
Not really. I can see it now:

“Well Chris and I were recording an album and we called up Mick and John since they worked on our last one and I had also asked Stevie to drop by to do some harmony in one of my songs and then we were all in the studio and it was like ‘doesn’t this feel good?’ That’s what lead to the reconvening of these five people!”

- Lindsey Buckingham, Fleetwood Mac Farewell Tour 2022

My hope is that they are all healthy and able to tour for the next 5 or so years. If so, based on their history and the gobs of money it would make for the five of them to do a farewell tour, I definitely see it happening. But who knows, maybe Lindsey is truly done with it all.
The problem is that Chris will be 79 years old in 2022. It's not impossible but I just can't see it. Reconvening in 1997 was a lot easier than it would be in 2020, 2022... And after the way he was treated this time, he would be a fool to put himself back in that situation in his 70's. Unless he needs money but I suspect the Buck is doing alright on that front.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Omg this is hysterical, I actually thought this has the stench of “Ringo’s All Star Band”
At least Ringo is kinda fun and it's a party atmosphere (cringe inducing however)...these people didn't look to be having fun in their interview. They looked like they were at a funeral. Ringo has an amusing and engaging personality...who is going to be that in this incarnation of Fleetwood Mac? Stevie rambling incessantly? Chris who is on record as saying she dreads having to go out from behind the keys when she does (Everywhere, Oh Well, etc)? John who hasn't said ten words in 30 years? Or two guys who just joined the band? Or best yet...it will be Mick. The drum vest is coming back and this time the World Turning total run time is going to approach 45 minutes.."ARE YOU WITH ME!? *SPIT* *SPIT* WAHHHHHHHHHH *SPIT*"
Old 04-28-2018, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is a link to listen:

https://player.siriusxm.com/#/player/on-demand

If for some reason it doesn't open right on the FM interview, go the the search function (far left margin, top) and type in Fleetwood Mac
Old 04-28-2018, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
The problem is that Chris will be 79 years old in 2022. It's not impossible but I just can't see it. Reconvening in 1997 was a lot easier than it would be in 2020, 2022... And after the way he was treated this time, he would be a fool to put himself back in that situation in his 70's. Unless he needs money but I suspect the Buck is doing alright on that front.
This is why this doesn’t ring true for me as a publicity stunt. Especially after all the friends and peers the band has lost recently, why would any of them take that chance. Sure, they could reunite in a few years, but this time it might be at someone’s funeral! And then they’ll really never be able to tour together again.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
This is why this doesn’t ring true for me as a publicity stunt. Especially after all the friends and peers the band has lost recently, why would any of them take that chance. Sure, they could reunite in a few years, but this time it might be at someone’s funeral! And then they’ll really never be able to tour together again.
It is not a publicity stunt. Stevie wanted him gone and wanted Mike in .Mick is greedy so he abetted her in this .I think it is pretty much that simple.

Old 04-28-2018, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Listening to the Sirius thing, Mick says again they "literally hit a brick wall"... and you can never be sure if Mick means the words he says, but 'literally' means someone actually hit a wall. So if he is using the word deliberately (which I'm not sure of) then I'm wondering if in the ugly event at Musicares involved someone, LB?, actually punching a wall or something.

He also dances around the issue, the interviewer pushes them to explain, ok so are you saying it was the scheduling thing that led to this? This is due to scheduling? He asks it several times, several ways. And Mick hems and haws and says, well... it became an unacceptable situation or something close to that... which suggests there was more, i.e., whatever the fight was the night of Musicares, and Stevie saying she can't work with him again.

MY GOD Stevie yaps over EVERYBODY.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Listening to the Sirius thing, Mick says again they "literally hit a brick wall"... and you can never be sure if Mick means the words he says, but 'literally' means someone actually hit a wall. So if he is using the word deliberately (which I'm not sure of) then I'm wondering if in the ugly event at Musicares involved someone, LB?, actually punching a wall or something.

He also dances around the issue, the interviewer pushes them to explain, ok so are you saying it was the scheduling thing that led to this? This is due to scheduling? He asks it several times, several ways. And Mick hems and haws and says, well... it became an unacceptable situation or something close to that... which suggests there was more, i.e., whatever the fight was the night of Musicares, and Stevie saying she can't work with him again.

Just what I was thinking about 1/2 hour ago - maybe something really ugly happened, and someone got punched - Mick? And that was it, the end of the classic 5. And it's something that none of them would want to talk about.
Who knows? Anything is possible with this group. Might as well add this rumour to all the others.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Stevie acting like she feels so intensely about giving an ode to pre-1975 FM when she clearly hasn't listened to it enough to know that Christine did not write or even sing Station Man LOL.
A pathetic excuse for a lame decision. They're embarrassing themselves, but of course they don't care, as long as they sell tickets.
She was always against changing the setlist, and on the other hand, "certain person" (because she can't even say his name) always wanted to change and energize the setlist.

They're all guilty, but Stevie was the instigator. She convinced Mick and together they convinced John. They knew Christine will be against it, but it didn't matter anymore because majority rules, as Mick said.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I can’t listen to the interview right now, does she actually say she can’t work with him again?
The 2019 story doesn’t make sense to me, in interviews for Buck McVie, both of them said they were hitting the road with FM in 2018
Old 04-28-2018, 01:23 PM
Registered

Quote:

Stevie talking over everybody? Surprise

I doubt he or the band hit a brick wall literally, "literally" being a word that is very often misused.

I would rather believe given the personalities of the people involved that the immediate cause of the firing was the fight over Kare* during MusiCares rather than the scheduling of the tour, but that's just my imagination

Last edited by NotonRodeo; 04-28-2018 at 01:38 PM..