Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default When is it "too late"?

I'm concerned about the time frame that is setting up for how long FM is going to continue touring (not to mention record a new album). As we all know, because of Chris' return, Stevie hasn't had the time to do any live solo shows to promote 24k. She may not have any time for some time to come as well. So how long is too long to finally do some live shows after a "new" release? At some point isn't it kind of too late?
What's your guys' personal take on that?

Jamie
Old 03-28-2015, 12:03 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I'm concerned about the time frame that is setting up for how long FM is going to continue touring (not to mention record a new album). As we all know, because of Chris' return, Stevie hasn't had the time to do any live solo shows to promote 24k. She may not have any time for some time to come as well. So how long is too long to finally do some live shows after a "new" release? At some point isn't it kind of too late?

Jamie
Within two year of the album release would be my vote. Promoting it in that time could get the album back on Billboard
Old 03-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post

Jamie
Lindsey said he saw this tour going for a few years on Larry King when asked about a solo tour so it's best to abandon all hope of any promotion
Old 03-28-2015, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Agreed. I think Fleetwood Mac is going to keep her busy for awhile with both this tour AND (hopefully) a new album.

I don't think a 24KG tour is possible anymore, although in my heart of hearts, I hope I'm wrong. I would LOVE for her to find some time to do a quick two or three month tour in the near future (either during the mid July - late October hiatus from Fleetwood, or sometime early 2016) to promote 24KG...but I just don't think it's going to happen.

At this point, it's more than likely (and would make more sense) that she'll record a "Songs From The Vault" Part 2 in the next year or two, and then tour to promote both "vault song" albums.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think that Lindsey is dreaming if he thinks she will do another Mac tour next year. I think she will finish up with them by Christmas, MAYBE, give them something for an album, rest during January/February and go solo by March. At least, that's what I hope she does!!!!
Old 03-28-2015, 08:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Two ways to look at it: either it's already too late because it came out last year. Or it's never too late. FWM still tours to promote Rumours.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She needs to do some promotion for this album. It's not too late. It's one of the best albums she has ever done. It deserves promotion.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

with the state of the music industry now, tours don't promote recordings. anyone who wants a new Stevie recording already has it.
They know it was released via the internet.
even if she did a 20 city tour, at 5000 seat sheds, that's close to what the record has already sold.
tours are now just cash in the bank for artists and promoters. it's not like anyone doesn't know she released 24K Gold.
even my BFF who is not a big fan knew it was out.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
with the state of the music industry now, tours don't promote recordings. anyone who wants a new Stevie recording already has it.
They know it was released via the internet.
even if she did a 20 city tour, at 5000 seat sheds, that's close to what the record has already sold.
tours are now just cash in the bank for artists and promoters. it's not like anyone doesn't know she released 24K Gold.
even my BFF who is not a big fan knew it was out.
Not true, all her promotion for In Your Dreams did help sales. She never sold a ton but it kept the album alive. This album is a better album. It's going to get better word of mouth. The more people who hear it, the better.

Besides, this is one of the best albums of her career. She has to promote it.

(I'm really disgusted with so called fans. I feel like some so called fans have tried to sabotage this album for different reasons - upset over the demos she chose, upset she is not on board yet doing a Fleetwood Mac album, upset because her popularity has usurped Fleetwood Macs on tv shows…)
Old 03-29-2015, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still think the Rod Stewart tour screwed her release of IYD.She was to sick at the time to give it a good release.She should of takin a raincheck to do that tour and hold it for a better time and stay home and rest and prep for the release of IYD.

Now 24K promotion is in a mess without a good promotion and a promo tour due to her touring with FM.Atlease FM is related then the Rod tour which came out of nowhere was not.

I dont know or dont remember what the deal was with 24K but I think the 24K was rushed because of WB wanted it out or she wanted out of WB.They did not waste anytime to get it out.

The timing was bad for it .Not Mac's fault .Maybe WB.Correct me on this.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-29-2015, 07:48 PM
Registered

she made her choices , we have to live with them
Old 03-29-2015, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's already way too late.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can see a tour helping album sales if she actually *promotes* the album during the tour. You know, explaining that you have a new album. Saying the name of the album throughout the show. Identifying new songs and saying things like "This is another new song from my album, 24 Karat Gold."

She doesn't do that. Ever.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 03-31-2015, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I think it's already way too late.
Agreed. The tree fell in the woods long ago and no one heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
I can see a tour helping album sales if she actually *promotes* the album during the tour. You know, explaining that you have a new album. Saying the name of the album throughout the show. Identifying new songs and saying things like "This is another new song from my album, 24 Karat Gold."

She doesn't do that. Ever.
True. This points to something I've wished before that I'd love for her to do when she gets a little free time. She could do a handful of theatre shows in select markets, and perform solely 24k material. After all, she released the IYD documentary to the film circuit what, 2 years after that album dropped? Then against all odds she was present for most of the screenings, even did Q&A sessions at them. I think that was one of the more artistically pure things the woman has ever done- I think in some circles, it helped put Stevie into a different echelon. Same with her recent photography exhibition.

My point being, far stranger things have already happened. Granted, this would be her singing to the choir- no new ears would hear the music. But it would be nice to let these songs live at least a brief life onstage. I know Stevie did 24k to fulfill a contractual agreement. But somewhere these songs have to mean something to her. Surely she doesn't want them to just slip away never to be heard again.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:11 AM
Registered

she would have to repackage it and reissue it like Madonna had to with American Life and put out the Remixed and Revisited ep but i'm sure the record company isn't willing to make that kind of investment in her

Last edited by olive; 04-01-2015 at 06:27 AM..