User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
So Mick I guess some members of Fleetwood Mac have resumed work on that album that may or may not come as a Fleetwood Mac album? Right?...

I'm happy about this pic but his last M&G comments left a bad taste in my mouth...
Well, if it comes out as something without the FM brand, it's all Stevie's choice. Blerk.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So Mick I guess some members of Fleetwood Mac have resumed work on that album that may or may not come as a Fleetwood Mac album? Right?...

I'm happy about this pic but his last M&G comments left a bad taste in my mouth...
didn't Mick say at some m&g (or maybe interview?) that he and Christine were going to stay in LA for a short while after US leg of the tour is over? seems like that would be to either discuss or work on the album.

we do know Lindsey has that q&a for USC students next Wednesday though.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-23-2015, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Well, if it comes out as something without the FM brand, it's all Stevie's choice. Blerk.
it's her choice not to participate. but it's someone in the rest of the band choice to put it out under different name than FM.

i suspect Mick. he probably wants to have that option of touring money that FM as 5 brings... even though i don't see why SN still can't tour with them if she wants that but not to be on the album.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-23-2015, 06:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

Yeah but Christines latest comments were quite positive.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It better be all 5 of them.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
Yeah but Christines latest comments were quite positive.
they were indeed, it seemed like Mick addressed the question after the Christine interview came out so his seemed more "recent" but that isn't necessarily the case. Fingers crossed.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-23-2015, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Guys, I'm not sure where these comments have been posted, but could somebody fill me in?

Also, I can see a issue with not recording but then touring with regards to product confusion. It IS a different product.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Newly written material ?

When the band all get together to record the NEW ALBUM.

Will Stevie be bringing newly written songs to the studio, or
will old demos of hers be used ?

I think it will be a mix of both, myself.
Old 04-25-2015, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
When the band all get together to record the NEW ALBUM.

Will Stevie be bringing newly written songs to the studio, or
will old demos of hers be used ?

I think it will be a mix of both, myself.
I would agree that there will be some old songs in there, but certainly new ones, if she records. A mix of both. Probably more new ones though.

Michele
Old 04-25-2015, 01:16 PM
Registered

Stevie says that she still smokes pot when writing, so I'd imagine she's written TONS of new songs
Old 04-25-2015, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If you think about it, Stevie has brought both old & new songs to FM since the very beginning. In fact, pretty much all of the songs she contributed to the '75 Mac album were Buckingham Nicks material. So it's not a new phenomena for her to dip into her back catalogue when recording new studio albums (within FM & her solo career alike). So I fully expect there to bring some old stuff to the table- she's always done that.

However, I also have a feeling once she's seen what Lindsey & Chris crafted together that she will likely be inspired to create some fresh product, too. Or I hope so, at least. That half assed (honestly, it's more like 1/100th assed) crap she contributed to the EP scares me- she might just fart out some awful, regurgitated BS like that again just to quickly wash her hands of recording with Lindsey once & for all. Maybe that won't happen this time, though. Maybe Christine will prove to be the magic mediator once again. Fingers crossed!!
Old 04-26-2015, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

One thing is for sure, in Lindsey's hands just about anything she does will be crafted into something great. Look at what he did with the material of hers on TITN and SYW! The production makes her stuff sparkle, and also makes it fit more or less seamlessly with the rest of the material.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
If you think about it, Stevie has brought both old & new songs to FM since the very beginning. In fact, pretty much all of the songs she contributed to the '75 Mac album were Buckingham Nicks material. So it's not a new phenomena for her to dip into her back catalogue when recording new studio albums (within FM & her solo career alike). So I fully expect there to bring some old stuff to the table- she's always done that.
No, I don't buy that example. The material was supposed to be for the second BN album that never happened. Instead the very next album she made was the ST FM album and she put those same songs on there. In other words, she didn't record any other songs between when she wrote those songs and when she recorded them. Rumours was mostly new, although there was BN era song which you could rightly call an old one (though she also had "Silver Springs", a new one that didn't make the album with IDWTK making it instead) and also Tusk was all new stuff.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 04-26-2015 at 01:24 PM..
Old 04-26-2015, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
and also Tusk was all new stuff.
Not so. "Sisters Of The Moon" was written four years prior during the first tour of the "white self titled album" and could very well have gone on "Rumours".
Old 04-26-2015, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Not so. "Sisters Of The Moon" was written four years prior during the first tour of the "white self titled album" and could very well have gone on "Rumours".
Right..Sisters was written at the same time as "Gold Dust Woman" .The songs ended up kind of similar structurally.