User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDemon View Post
I can say that he kissed a girl on the lips last night when she asked for one. Earlier in the show she asked and he said I promise and was wondering promise what. I figured a towel or a pick. At the end of the show he did lean down and had a couple of kisses. His focus for interaction was in that area for most of the night. The show was amazing as it always is but things have changed with the interaction this year. Yes, he's always flirted and it was fun, he makes great stares and faces but this year 2nd row and 3rd that could go up all the other years is now replaced as we've stated before. Which is disappointing when you buy the ticket thinking that is part of the fun, going up if you choose. I know other groups bring girls up. Usually they give them actual tickets to use seats slated for "guests" and upgrade. Not push out the paying guests telling them you can't go up anymore after paying $750 but beautiful young people can. Hey, I would go if I were selected to go up. I don't blame anyone for going when asked but what was such a fun tour being able to go up with yr VIP seat just turned to disappointment but things change in life and unfortunately first 3 rows going up is no more. I just wish I knew that when I bought the VIP tickets for a few shows for the stage experience everyone talked about. Could have saved alot of money and gone the cheaper seats as years past and had no expectations. Lindsey is amazing, no one can beat him. I've been to many shows but never saw personally anyone flirt so much with young girls all night long at his age. hahahaha But he can so he will.
What was Stevie's reaction to the girl asking for a kiss? I hope she didn't mouth, "not gonna happen"...
Old 02-09-2015, 01:11 PM
Junior Ledgie

Stevie didn't see the girl ask, it happened when he talks to the girls while Stevie is telling her Gypsy story when he checks out of that and focuses his time on the young women. Right before Mick came out at the end after encores,he planted a couple of kisses on lips kneeling down at the stage. Then he realized Mick was out and zipped off stage. So Stevie didn't say "ain't gonna happen" cause it did happen. LOL http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/images/smilies/kiss.gif
Old 02-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie didn't see the girl ask, it happened when he talks to the girls while Stevie is telling her Gypsy story when he checks out of that and focuses his time on the young women. Right before Mick came out at the end after encores,he planted a couple of kisses on lips kneeling down at the stage. Then he realized Mick was out and zipped off stage. So Stevie didn't say "ain't gonna happen" cause it did happen. LOL http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/images/smilies/kiss.gif
Well that GIF is definite proof of the seedy 'going ons' at the concert.I hope Kristen doesn't catch a glimpse of it - she'll be crushed
Old 02-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
I can say that he kissed a girl on the lips last night when she asked for one. Earlier in the show she asked and he said I promise and was wondering promise what. I figured a towel or a pick. At the end of the show he did lean down and had a couple of kisses. His focus for interaction was in that area for most of the night.
It's fascinating to read this thread and see how people step forward speculating saying they saw something that didn't happen ("a folded paper was handed to him by one of the girls... and he tried to be discreet about it").

Now we have one that doesn't even claim to be speculation: "I can say that he kissed a girl on the lips last night when she asked for one." Not true! Where do you people come up with this stuff? There's no way that your memory of the event has deteriorated to the point that you're unintentionally bastardizing the truth, because it was just last night. I stood literally no more than three feet away from LB during the entire exchange at the show (hence how I was close enough to him to hand him a piece of paper) and watched him from right in front of his monitor for the remainder of the entire show. He did kiss several girls on the hand (including one who had to have been in her 40s). I found nothing sleazy about it.

During the "Gypsy" intro, he talked to five of us, including me, three young women, and one woman who was probably in her 40s if I had to guess. A few other people (including a man who was there with his girlfriend/wife/significant other) said various things to him that he acknowledged. He signed several autographs at that time. One woman (probably around 50 or so) jokingly called out to Lindsey to sign her breasts, and he smiled at her. Perhaps him interacting with the audience is disrespectful to Stevie, but as others have mentioned, the "Without You" intro from 2013 at least involved Lindsey, while the "Gypsy" story is much more self-indulgent.

I won't deny for a moment that Lindsey flirts with girls at his side of the stage, because he absolutely does. Having said that, I believe it's part of the act, as he also interacts with me a lot (and I'm a straight male as I mentioned in my previous post). Lindsey has been nothing but nice and extraordinarily gracious to me. I think he wants to see high energy people in the front and younger women are a fairly safe bet as far as that goes (I'm trying not to sound sexist here, but it's true).

On that note, the same can be said of Ian -- for someone who gets accused of having a one track mind (find 'hot' women and push them up front), Ian has been nothing but nice to me. I've been to so many shows at this point that he immediately recognizes me, shakes my hand, and asks me how I'm doing. Last night, he talked with me about how much he loves seeing fans like myself that travel all over the country/world for this band that we love so much. He's a very 'real' guy and he truly loves and admires Fleetwood Mac.

For what it's worth, I talked with a few of the young women you're talking about that were brought up to the stage last night. One of them had been to 7 shows on the current tour (and this was her first time up front). She knew the words to every song and was definitely a dedicated fan. I find that at least half of the people with 'genuine' front row seats who are 40+ years old know the words to less than half of the songs at best and seem rather uninterested in tracks like IKINW or OMH. Don't get me wrong, they've paid for their seat and deserve to be up there, but don't blame Lindsey for wanting to add high energy people into that mix. Before you think I'm being unfair in what I've said in this paragraph, know that I've paid for five Mick M&G tickets on the current tour alone and I'm not independently wealthy.

As for the folks that are saying they're going to start a class action lawsuit, I literally laughed out loud when I read your posts. I respect the fact that you're miffed, but you need to get two things straight:

1. You didn't pay Fleetwood Mac $750 for a seat. You paid Mick Fleetwood $750 for a "VIP experience" that happens to include one of the allotment of seats Mick is given as part of his touring contract. It's supplemental income for Mick, who gets paid less than the three songwriters for the live performance itself. None of that money goes to the venue or the rest of the band. Whether you like it or not, you're paying for the opportunity for the Meet & Greet with Mick, the 'exclusive tour merchandise,' signed photo, laminate, the opportunity to attend a Q&A with him, and the ticket. The "VIP" experience ends when you get sent back in line like every other ticket holder (like I said, I've been right there alongside many of you at several of these, so I'm speaking from experience). The notion that the venue, the band, or the band's staff owes any of us anything special during the concert itself is erroneous, period.

2. No concert ticket, whether "VIP" or not, comes with an implied warranty or guarantee of any kind so long as the performance itself actually takes place. What's the legal basis for your proposed suit (i.e. what is the accused infringement/law that's been broken?). Seriously, let's be logical about this. I heard a couple people saying they were going to demand a full refund when Mick got sick on stage a few weeks ago and the show had to be cut 45 minutes short or whatever. Did that make sense even when you were saying it to yourself in your head? Of course not.

If you don't want to go to the concert, then don't go. I've heard plenty of people saying that they weren't going because the tickets are simply too pricey for this tour (in some cases nearly double to what comparable tickets on the 2013 tour cost). I get it, and it's your right to stay at home. It's crazy how many people on here are saying that FM doesn't care at all about their fans. Granted, they play an identical setlist night after night and give the same speeches between songs, but they're still an incredibly great band that performs for 2.5+ hours without a single break. They've brought immeasurable joy to millions of people around the world and have changed the lives of many of us on this forum. It's OK to gripe and complain, but seriously, don't pretend to hate a band that has inspired and touched the world in various ways for 48 incredible years.

And if you really do honestly hate the band, feel free to click the "Log Out" button at the top right corner of this page and never come back.

Last edited by BigBigLove; 02-09-2015 at 06:14 PM..
Old 02-09-2015, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBigLove View Post
It's fascinating to read this thread and see how people step forward speculating saying they saw something that didn't happen ("a folded paper was handed to him by one of the girls... and he tried to be discreet about it").

Now we have one that doesn't even claim to be speculation: "I can say that he kissed a girl on the lips last night when she asked for one." Not true! Where do you people come up with this stuff? There's no way that your memory of the event has deteriorated to the point that you're unintentionally bastardizing the truth, because it was just last night. I stood literally no more than three feet away from LB during the entire exchange at the show (hence how I was close enough to him to hand him a piece of paper) and watched him from right in front of his monitor for the remainder of the entire show. He did kiss several girls on the hand (including one who had to have been in her 40s). I found nothing sleazy about it.

During the "Gypsy" intro, he talked to five of us, including me, three young women, and one woman who was probably in her 40s if I had to guess. A few other people (including a man who was there with his girlfriend/wife/significant other) said various things to him that he acknowledged. He signed several autographs at that time. One woman (probably around 50 or so) jokingly called out to Lindsey to sign her breasts, and he smiled at her. Perhaps him interacting with the audience is disrespectful to Stevie, but as others have mentioned, the "Without You" intro from 2013 at least involved Lindsey, while the "Gypsy" story is much more self-indulgent.

I won't deny for a moment that Lindsey flirts with girls at his side of the stage, because he absolutely does. Having said that, I believe it's part of the act, as he also interacts with me a lot (and I'm a straight male as I mentioned in my previous post). Lindsey has been nothing but nice and extraordinarily gracious to me. I think he wants to see high energy people in the front and younger women are a fairly safe bet as far as that goes (I'm trying not to sound sexist here, but it's true).

On that note, the same can be said of Ian -- for someone who gets accused of having a one track mind (find 'hot' women and push them up front), Ian has been nothing but nice to me. I've been to so many shows at this point that he immediately recognizes me, shakes my hand, and asks me how I'm doing. Last night, he talked with me about how much he loves seeing fans like myself that travel all over the country/world for this band that we love so much. He's a very 'real' guy and he truly loves and admires Fleetwood Mac.

For what it's worth, I talked with a few of the young women you're talking about that were brought up to the stage last night. One of them had been to 7 shows on the current tour (and this was her first time up front). She knew the words to every song and was definitely a dedicated fan. I find that at least half of the people with 'genuine' front row seats who are 40+ years old know the words to less than half of the songs at best and seem rather uninterested in tracks like IKINW or OMH. Don't get me wrong, they've paid for their seat and deserve to be up there, but don't blame Lindsey for wanting to add high energy people into that mix. Before you think I'm being unfair in what I've said in this paragraph, know that I've paid for five Mick M&G tickets on the current tour alone and I'm not independently wealthy.

As for the folks that are saying they're going to start a class action lawsuit, I literally laughed out loud when I read your posts. I respect the fact that you're miffed, but you need to get two things straight:

1. You didn't pay Fleetwood Mac $750 for a seat. You paid Mick Fleetwood $750 for a "VIP experience" that happens to include one of the allotment of seats Mick is given as part of his touring contract. It's supplemental income for Mick, who gets paid less than the three songwriters for the live performance itself. None of that money goes to the venue or the rest of the band. Whether you like it or not, you're paying for the opportunity for the Meet & Greet with Mick, the 'exclusive tour merchandise,' signed photo, laminate, the opportunity to attend a Q&A with him, and the ticket. The "VIP" experience ends when you get sent back in line like every other ticket holder (like I said, I've been right there alongside many of you at several of these, so I'm speaking from experience). The notion that the venue, the band, or the band's staff owes any of us anything special during the concert itself is erroneous, period.

2. No concert ticket, whether "VIP" or not, comes with an implied warranty or guarantee of any kind so long as the performance itself actually takes place. What's the legal basis for your proposed suit (i.e. what is the accused infringement/law that's been broken?). Seriously, let's be logical about this. I heard a couple people saying they were going to demand a full refund when Mick got sick on stage a few weeks ago and the show had to be cut 45 minutes short or whatever. Did that make sense even when you were saying it to yourself in your head? Of course not.

If you don't want to go to the concert, then don't go. I've heard plenty of people saying that they weren't going because the tickets are simply too pricey for this tour (in some cases nearly double to what comparable tickets on the 2013 tour cost). I get it, and it's your right to stay at home. It's crazy how many people on here are saying that FM doesn't care at all about their fans. Granted, they play an identical setlist night after night and give the same speeches between songs, but they're still an incredibly great band that performs for 2.5+ hours without a single break. They've brought immeasurable joy to millions of people around the world and have changed the lives of many of us on this forum. It's OK to gripe and complain, but seriously, don't pretend to hate a band that has inspired and touched the world in various ways for 48 incredible years.

And if you really do honestly hate the band, feel free to click the "Log Out" button at the top right corner of this page and never come back.
Be that as it may, and I myself would never pay a penny to go see them in concert, However!! You are not addressing the original point of:

What the HEY is that all about, disrespecting high-paying customers by planting a hedge of girls in front of them, making their first row seats third or fourth row seats?

Sure, you'd probably say " Then don't buy those seats,dummy".

Are you asking for a complete boy-cot then?

Old 02-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-09-2015, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
What the HEY is that all about, disrespecting high-paying customers by planting a hedge of girls in front of them, making their first row seats third or fourth row seats?
First row is allowed to run up and stake out their spot at the stage long before girls are brought up. Girls aren't brought up until mid-song after everybody in the front row who wanted to stand at the stage has already gotten their spot. If you pay $750 for a front row seat and don't stand up at the stage, that's on you and you really cannot complain. You buy these tickets knowing that most people in your row will be standing at the front, meaning that if you just sit, your view will already be obstructed by your follow front-rowers standing up there.
That's how it is at any show that allows the front row at the stage. Just be grateful your favorite band allows that at all. A lot of touring acts do not and rope off the stage and force you to stay in your seat even if you're in the 1st row. When I am at the stage for any concert by any band, I grab hold of the stage and do not move if that's what it takes to keep my spot up there. If you don't do that and choose to stay sitting and allow the front row and the girls brought up to get in front of you, then you shouldn't have even paid for front row seats. Because it should just be expected that the rest of your row will stand and then obstruct your view, whether or not other girls are there too.

Quote:

Thank you for being a logical, courteous person here. 90% of the negative posts here are speculation on how angry they would be if they were up there and girls were brought up. Here's someone who has repeatedly stood there along with the girls and witnessed it and is telling you how much he didn't mind. I've been next to lots of people who didn't mind our presence. My friends and I didn't go to Newark last night but have been brought up at 4 other shows, and nobody has ever complained. The people in the front row were nothing but nice. We didn't get in their way, push through them, act rude or obnoxious, or do anything of the sort. If a group of people is rude at a show, that reflects only on them, and that specific group only, not on all girls brought up as a whole or on the guards or LB. I've seen some of the most obnoxious people up there be the ones that were actually front row, and i've also seen annoying drunk chicks be brought up. But most often, we don't do anything offensive up there. And while there may be a couple girls up there who don't know all the songs, for every one of those girls, there's 10 others who are diehard fans and have been to 5+ shows on this one tour and the experience alone of being near their heroes means so much to them. So, don't judge.
Ian & Justin are nothing but kind, by the way. They interact with everyone and are so nice and welcoming. They're being told by higher ups to gather exciting young women to liven it up. They aren't solely responsible and aren't the least bit sleazy. Same goes for LB. Girls come up because obviously, it makes it more exciting when theres young people dancing and singing and having a great time up there. It makes people looking at the stage feel like they're at something really special if there's young people having a ton of fun. When you're in your 60s-70s, you are already labelled a nostalgia act by many. It wouldn't be nearly as exciting to see this band if the people on the floor are all over 50 and sitting in their seats quietly. Even if you don't agree, they still serve a purpose.
And if you're offended or upset by the actions of any specific girls at shows, it should only reflect back on then. Certainly not on LB or the guards, who are extremely kind if you get to know them.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

My Hero!

Old 02-09-2015, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

As for the folks that are saying they're going to start a class action lawsuit.....

1. You didn't pay Fleetwood Mac $750 for a seat.

2. No concert ticket, whether "VIP" or not, comes with an implied warranty or guarantee of any kind so long as the performance itself actually takes place. What's the legal basis for your proposed suit (i.e. what is the accused infringement/law that's been broken?
I think some may disagree with you...
#1. They did shell out $750 for the entire experience. The meet and greet and the great seat were marketed and sold as a package deal.

#2. There is a reasonable expectation that a front row seat does not mean that additional people will be brought into your row and placed in front of you. A front row seat purchase comes with a reasonable expectation of unobstructed first row viewing. You ask what is the legal basis? You would need to consult an attorney regarding the law concerning "consumer purchases and reasonable expectation" so they can explain to you the law regarding consumer rights in the US. Only an attorney can answer that question.

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.

Last edited by reebokandlace; 02-09-2015 at 09:32 PM..
Old 02-09-2015, 09:55 PM
Junior Ledgie

I could care less if LB kisses, flirts with anyone at the stage, the point is that for YEARS it was practice that the first 4 rows went up. Then 3, and now just front row suddenly in a short period of time. We buy a seat higher in price because you'd like that experience. You get there, you are told you can't go up anymore but people that did not pay do because they are better looking, it's very disappointing when it’s possibly the last show you’ll ever see. You are at yr seat and watch everyone have fun at the stage when you thought you were going to stand there. You don’t seem to understand in the least.

Not all people 40 plus are dead and don't sing so basically enthusiastic older fans aren't welcome this last leg of the tour to stage only the 1st row assuming we are dead? LOL We had an expectation, not that they owe us but suddenly it just stopped?? People are upset because it’s not that no one gets to go and they stopped the practice, it stopped to make room for young girls. I think it's great that young people love their music and sing along. I took a 24 year old with me before and she said it was the best show she ever saw. I’ve talked and enjoyed the company of many young people at these shows over the years. It's not FM's security's fault, they are just doing as they are told.

As for the kiss, it's what we saw, not figment of the imagination..also saw hand kisses too, absolutely, maybe YOU missed something, it was quick but My friend and I looked at each other at the same time and just cracked up when it happened standing from an angle we were. He bent down and kissed on the lips and then hands flew up and he kissed those too AND shook hands and signed things prior. We saw him put the paper in his coat pocket too and fans do that all the time write notes to the artist. Also, the girl wanting Lindsey to sign her breasts said it was her arm she wanted signed. So see the “breast” thing was your perception. She was not hanging out of her shirt at all but she did seem a bit overserved and was not a youngster so there was an active older fan. LOL Lindsey did laugh.

We're all fans young and old that’s why anyone in the room is there but when you feel you've been put out to pasture and yr love for a band is longer than the kids are old that replaced you and you PAID to be close and waited many years to be able to finally do it..well it’s just a change that wasn’t welcomed. Lindsey can flirt all he wants WHO CARES but if 2nd and 3rd rows are now squeezed out for that reason to make room for that, then it’s become a problem to older fans. What if you paid $750 before you realized things had changed this leg to go to the stage but you were replaced with others that didn’t pay and were told to stay in yr seat someone better looking gets yr spot. You might be complaining too.

Going forward many of us know what to expect. Even 2nd row or 3rd means 6th or 7th row. We’re just supposed to understand and be satisfied with your explanation that young pretty girls are just more fun and to give up yr spot for that reason and just go be happy about it. The band is amazing, I will always love the band and the joy they have brought me to this point, however, it’s a bummer to go out this way when yr last show you got shot down to go to the stage and you waited months for it where any other year it was a given and it’s for the reason WHY.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:39 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
I could care less if LB kisses, flirts with anyone at the stage, the point is that for YEARS it was practice that the first 4 rows went up. Then 3, and now just front row suddenly in a short period of time. We buy a seat higher in price because you'd like that experience. You get there, you are told you can't go up anymore but people that did not pay do because they are better looking, it's very disappointing when it’s possibly the last show you’ll ever see. You are at yr seat and watch everyone have fun at the stage when you thought you were going to stand there. You don’t seem to understand in the least.

Not all people 40 plus are dead and don't sing so basically enthusiastic older fans aren't welcome this last leg of the tour to stage only the 1st row assuming we are dead? LOL We had an expectation, not that they owe us but suddenly it just stopped?? People are upset because it’s not that no one gets to go and they stopped the practice, it stopped to make room for young girls. I think it's great that young people love their music and sing along. I took a 24 year old with me before and she said it was the best show she ever saw. I’ve talked and enjoyed the company of many young people at these shows over the years. It's not FM's security's fault, they are just doing as they are told.

As for the kiss, it's what we saw, not figment of the imagination..also saw hand kisses too, absolutely, maybe YOU missed something, it was quick but My friend and I looked at each other at the same time and just cracked up when it happened standing from an angle we were. He bent down and kissed on the lips and then hands flew up and he kissed those too AND shook hands and signed things prior. We saw him put the paper in his coat pocket too and fans do that all the time write notes to the artist. Also, the girl wanting Lindsey to sign her breasts said it was her arm she wanted signed. So see the “breast” thing was your perception. She was not hanging out of her shirt at all but she did seem a bit overserved and was not a youngster so there was an active older fan. LOL Lindsey did laugh.

We're all fans young and old that’s why anyone in the room is there but when you feel you've been put out to pasture and yr love for a band is longer than the kids are old that replaced you and you PAID to be close and waited many years to be able to finally do it..well it’s just a change that wasn’t welcomed. Lindsey can flirt all he wants WHO CARES but if 2nd and 3rd rows are now squeezed out for that reason to make room for that, then it’s become a problem to older fans. What if you paid $750 before you realized things had changed this leg to go to the stage but you were replaced with others that didn’t pay and were told to stay in yr seat someone better looking gets yr spot. You might be complaining too.

Going forward many of us know what to expect. Even 2nd row or 3rd means 6th or 7th row. We’re just supposed to understand and be satisfied with your explanation that young pretty girls are just more fun and to give up yr spot for that reason and just go be happy about it. The band is amazing, I will always love the band and the joy they have brought me to this point, however, it’s a bummer to go out this way when yr last show you got shot down to go to the stage and you waited months for it where any other year it was a given and it’s for the reason WHY.
Literally every single thing you've said in your post is either so completely untrue or inaccurate that I can't wrap my brain around how to even respond to you point-by-point, so I won't try. But honestly, please go get your eyes checked by a licensed ophthalmologist ASAP. I'm not kidding.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:45 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
I think some may disagree with you...
#1. They did shell out $750 for the entire experience. The meet and greet and the great seat were marketed and sold as a package deal.

#2. There is a reasonable expectation that a front row seat does not mean that additional people will be brought into your row and placed in front of you. A front row seat purchase comes with a reasonable expectation of unobstructed first row viewing. You ask what is the legal basis? You would need to consult an attorney regarding the law concerning "consumer purchases and reasonable expectation" so they can explain to you the law regarding consumer rights in the US. Only an attorney can answer that question.

I hear what you're saying but the problem is that, as others have pointed out today, the 'true' front row has literally 45 minutes worth of an opportunity to go up and stand right in front of the stage before any of the 'young girls' are brought up to the stage. If you have a 'front row' ticket and you don't make it to the stage before the girls are brought up (near the end of "The Chain,") then you don't have the right to complain. You had plenty of a chance.

Regarding the fact that rows 2-3 or 2-5 supposedly aren't allowed up, that has nothing to do with the girls being brought up. Even dating back to the 2013 tour, at some shows rows 1-5 were let up, at other shows rows 1-3 were let up, and at other shows only the front row was allowed up. It was much more dependent on the security of the venue than it was anyone employed by Fleetwood Mac or its associated entities, and the same is still true to this day. The people that are sending rows 2-5 back to their seats at the shows where that's happening don't work for Fleetwood Mac.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

During the "Gypsy" intro, he talked to five of us, including me, three young women, and one woman who was probably in her 40s if I had to guess. A few other people (including a man who was there with his girlfriend/wife/significant other) said various things to him that he acknowledged. He signed several autographs at that time. One woman (probably around 50 or so) jokingly called out to Lindsey to sign her breasts, and he smiled at her
Quote:
. Perhaps him interacting with the audience is disrespectful to Stevie, but as others have mentioned, the "Without You" intro from 2013 at least involved Lindsey, while the "Gypsy" story is much more self-indulgent.

On that note, the same can be said of Ian -- for someone who gets accused of having a one track mind (find 'hot' women and push them up front), Ian has been nothing but nice to me. I've been to so many shows at this point that he immediately recognizes me, shakes my hand, and asks me how I'm doing.
Quote:
Last night, he talked with me about how much he loves seeing fans like myself that travel all over the country/world for this band that we love so much.
He's a very 'real' guy and he truly loves and admires Fleetwood Mac.

Stevie's "Gypsy" speech is not self - indulgent.Like their entire setlist,these speeches are rehearsed and timed umpteen times and her speech allows for Lindsey's interaction time,which is all part of the show.Also,Lindsey's side conversations are for attention and will keep people buzzing about it - just look at us and this thread.Also,I am really envious of you for being able to travel around so much to celebrate these guys.That is something that I always wanted to do but it seems,after seeing them over the years 8 times,I can't seem to get out of the 3rd level in Philly or Atlantic City.Maybe if I hit the jackpot lottery we could hook up for their final tour!

Last edited by teedeerocks; 02-10-2015 at 02:22 AM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 02-10-2015, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

just a few things from my experience this year and last, some perhaps out of context of what others have been saying:

last year, i bought a number of Mick's tickets plus some way more expensive platinum tickets (where all that i was paying for was a front row center seat, not any VIP experience!). as everyone knows, last year more rows than just front were allowed to the stage. guess what? no matter how fast i ran to the stage right in front of me from that front row center seat, there were always at least several people with maybe 15th row face or 2nd row Mick's tickets (many of them here on TL) who tried their hardest to shove me aside. so there's more than one side to every argument. every time i had Mick's or platinum last year, i was worried that i shelled out all that money but was still not going to make it to the stage, and many times i had to stand where i didn't necessarily like it. i had 2nd row outer aisle Mick's ticket in Philly last year and was not allowed to go to the stage when lights went down by venue guards and you can read Eugene's funny description of me jumping over the chairs to get there. so not every Mick VIP ticket or 2nd row ticket was allowed to the stage last year either.

after last year's experiences i decided to just go with face this year, for any show i can get more-less ok tickets. yes face tickets are expensive too, but that's nothing like paying VIP prices, and the pressure to get to the stage is off - if i make it ok, if i don't i still have different and interesting view, or i may just skip the show all together.

regarding Lindsey, Ian, and "young pretty girls only" alleged policy: as BigBigLove said - he is a young guy, not a pretty 20 yo girl. it seems that in Newark on sunday practically almost everyone brought up was a huge fan, including several 20 yo girls by LB's mic - this was their 6th or 7th show on this tour, and in his Big Love speech LB referred to seeing them the night before at Mohegan. it was a mix of 20 year olds, young and old, 30, 40 and 50 year olds, girls and guys there at the stage, besides the front row people. the idea does seem to be to have energetic people at the stage who will lift the energy up for the whole show.

couple other things to consider / put this in a perspective:
  • most "younger bands" have GA floor, and at almost every single one of those shows there is a wide moat/railing with security guarding any access to the stage. so it quite possible you have LB to thank there's no moat at FM shows and you can actually get to the stage.
  • most older bands (although not all) have seated floor, and many don't allow people to move and go to the stage. at those shows most of the audience upfront is older and sits the whole show, there's no dancing. you have LB probably to thank too that this is not the case at FM shows, at least not at most of them.... although i've been to shows where LB's side is allowed to go up to the stage and Christine's side is not (possibly because of disabled seating being placed there, so not to obstruct their view).

it was interesting to watch what was happening on twitter throughout the day yesterday - people were reading accusations flying around here, and then people who were there at the stage started tweeting about what actually happened. this included the 20 yo girls who some people here seem to like accusing of various things. no, there was no lip kissing. yes, everyone at the stage had a great time. yes LB interacted extensively with various people at the stage, regardless of the age, gender, or how they were brought up there. and yes, he usually picks one or two people as the person he keeps coming back to the most during a specific show and showers them with attention. but no, nothing "untoward" happened and i don't think it ever does. most of the people that get to interact with LB during FM shows turn around on social media and do their staunchest to defend him afterwards. so attention goes both ways.

i have no qualms that people will attack what i wrote here, because every one of us seems to be looking at it from our own *me me me* view, but i'm trying to give it some wider perspective.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 02-10-2015 at 02:08 PM..
Old 02-10-2015, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just another prime example of why concert ticket prices are absurd. I'll be seeing Fleetwood Mac March 1st, but I'll be a million rows back simply because I don't want to deal with the headache for Fleetwood Mac ever again. I'm ready for a solo Stevie tour again!