Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no. that's just band's PR story.

you can believe whatever you want though. you seem to have already made up your mind and that's your prerogative.

also november 2018 or 2019 is not clear in any of the stories.
I haven't made up my mind. I just want to get the real story and be fair to both sides. You said that Lindsey agreed to tour this year and I can't find that in any articles online. If that's been reported, please let me know. I truly wish that the classic lineup were still together and feel that it's unfortunate that they couldn't work this out.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

i'm amazed at all the backlash the band's been getting considering how unknown Lindsey's name is and how much lies the band has been putting out there.
I've been reading through all the posts here and see a lot of mentions of the band lying to the public. Can someone let me know exactly which statements are lies. I'm open to that being the case but I want to be fair to both sides. For example, the band has acknowledged that they let Lindsey go from the band ... they just don't want to use the word "fired". Apart from that discrepancy over the choice of words, what lies have the band told?
Old 05-20-2018, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
they just don't want to use the word "fired".
Neither does Lindsey.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-20-2018, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A few months ago, Lindsey changed his mind and decided that he no longer wants to tour as Fleetwood Mac for at least another year. The band then spent a while trying to convince Lindsey to change his mind, but were unsuccessful. Then the band had to choose either to fire Lindsey or delay their tour for a year. They chose to fire him. Thus, it wasn't Lindsey's choice to leave Fleetwood Mac. He was fired. However, it was his choice to back out of his commitment to tour in 2018-19 which ultimately led to the band firing him
This band was once known for its Little Lies. The above claim now shows that the Mac has become the Home of the Whopper.

This is the "excuse" aka lie that they put out there but Lindsey's statements caught on video prove that he planned to begin touring with FM this year.

Old 05-20-2018, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
This band was once known for its Little Lies. The above claim now shows that the Mac has become the Home of the Whopper.

This is the "excuse" aka lie that they put out there but Lindsey's statements caught on video prove that he planned to begin touring with FM this year.
Christine and Lindsey also spoke about it in depth during their press for Buck/Vie.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yes - I know that Lindsey planned to tour with Fleetwood Mac in 2018-19. Everyone agrees that Lindsey planned to tour with the band and said as such last year. The band says that everyone agreed to this tour a year ago, but then Lindsey changed his mind a few months ago and backed out of the tour. The band says they spent a while trying to convince Lindsey to honor his prior commitment to tour in 2018-19 but he wouldn't change his mind so band let him go. I haven't seen anything from Lindsey's camp to contradict this story. Please let me know if there's anything online to contradict this account and I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And, was going to do a concurrent tour…

Which apparently wasn’t a problem until it was.

Not to judge, but he could have just toured whatever Atlantic was going to release after the FM tour. Stevie did that (albeit at the expense of a Fleetwood Mac-branded album…). If all that was coming out was a Best Of, they should have just included live versions of GYOW, ISA, Tusk, BL, and SHN from his solo DVD as a way to promote it without directly involving the band. No dumber than GI being on FM’s Best Of.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-20-2018, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes - I know that Lindsey planned to tour with Fleetwood Mac in 2018-19. Everyone agrees that Lindsey planned to tour with the band and said as such last year. The band says that everyone agreed to this tour a year ago, but then Lindsey changed his mind a few months ago and backed out of the tour. The band says they spent a while trying to convince Lindsey to honor his prior commitment to tour in 2018-19 but he wouldn't change his mind so band let him go. I haven't seen anything from Lindsey's camp to contradict this story. Please let me know if there's anything online to contradict this account and I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
I haven't seen anything regarding that. Never heard anything anywhere of Lindsey "backing out". The video from Musicares speaks to the plans. I would also go as far as to say the CBS interview was a disaster and the "story" they were going with wasn't completely ironed out. The hosts from the Sirius interview corroborate this too. The outtakes with the hosts post the Sirius interview are the best parts. If it was as cut and dry and "we couldn't agree on dates" the interviews with the band would be much "cleaners" We don't know the whole story yet. Folks are hiding a few things methinks

Last edited by Storms123; 05-20-2018 at 08:34 PM..
Old 05-20-2018, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I haven't seen anything regarding that. Never heard anything anywhere of Lindsey "backing out". The video from Musicares speaks to the plans. I would also go as far as to say the CBS interview was a disaster and the "story" they were going with wasn't completely ironed out. The hosts from the Sirius interview corroborate this too. The outtakes with the hosts post the Sirius interview are the best parts. If it was as cut and dry and "we couldn't agree on dates" the interviews with the band would be much "cleaners" We don't know the whole story yet. Folks are hiding a few things methinks
Many media outlets have reported that Lindsey backed out of the planned 2018-19 tour and that he wanted to delay the tour until late 2019. Rolling Stone is one of many outlets that has reported this. Here is the link below. If this isn't true, Lindsey should say that so we know both sides of the story.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...ingham-w519492
Old 05-20-2018, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
couldn't name who Lindsey Buckingham is, period!
Wow. That was maybe one step beyond where I was going…I mean, he was the recurring joke on SNL.

Quote:
that's why the name of Fleetwood Mac, hiding behind penguins is so important for the band. FM brand is what they plan on will be selling those tickets - and you know it, the same as i do.
Yes, how dare Fleetwood Mac hide behind the mascot they adopted back in 1971?!?!? The nerve of these people doing exactly what they have done for 47 years, now.

Quote:
and that's why it's so laughable when Neil or Mike are being told this will get their names out there.
Because Mike and Neil need to get their names out there?

Mike is a Hall of Famer and Neil received an Order of the British Empire (a step below knighthood) for his music. They don’t need this gig. That’s why it’s compelling.

Quote:
no it won't. yes, people who went to the concerts went for Stevie and came out raving about Lindsey, but majority of general public has no clue who Lindsey Buckingham is, and they won't know who Mike Campbell or Neil Finn are after they do one half-baked tour under Fleetwood Mac moniker either.
They have their own fan bases. They can get work. Neil Finn sold out in Dayton as a solo artist, Buckingham McVie didn’t. Mike Campbell could join probably any band he wanted.

Quote:
the guy who arranged all biggest "classic-era" FM hits, who wrote 3 of 10 of their top 10 hits (with SN writing 2 and CM 5) is a complete unknown name to most of the general public. as is Christine McVie, woman who wrote half of their top 10 hits. that's just a reality.
Christine McVie has a brand. It’s called Fleetwood Mac. She doesn’t need a name outside of it. Why would she? She had the most hits. I can’t tell you how many times people have said to me “I like the other girl in Fleetwood Mac more than Stevie Nicks.”

Quote:
i'm amazed at all the backlash the band's been getting considering how unknown Lindsey's name is and how much lies the band has been putting out there.
The backlash you see probably couldn’t fill the first two rows at one show.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-20-2018, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Many media outlets have reported that Lindsey backed out of the planned 2018-19 tour and that he wanted to delay the tour until late 2019. Rolling Stone is one of many outlets that has reported this. Here is the link below. If this isn't true, Lindsey should say that so we know both sides of the story.

Actually, Rolling Stone doesn't say he said he committed to do it and then he backed out, nor does it say that the band spent a long time trying to convince him to honor prior commitments. Where did you get those bits of your post from?

Old 05-20-2018, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
So what? I’m a Fleetwood Mac fan. I don’t care what the general public thinks. They’ll think it’s cool that Tom Petty’s guitarist is in the band.

Not really, though. Surviving the departure of Peter Green was the better part of amazing. That was much bigger relatively speaking than even the potential loss of Stevie would be. He was 90% of the early Mac. The band played on.
If Lindsey had passed away I'd think it was "cool" that Mike
was in the band too. Although Lindsey could never really be
replaced.

FM surviving on life support until they found Lindsey and his
girlfriend was a bit of good luck. Or better yet - providence.

On a serious note, my very best to you SteveMacD on your
health.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I've read this article...it talks about an "impasse" but nothing about him backing out, bailing and rescheduling until 2019. I think if you look at the video after Musicares, which was end of January....its very clear where his head was...he planned to tour, hopefully both solo and with FM.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I've read this article...it talks about an "impasse" but nothing about him backing out, bailing and rescheduling until 2019. I think if you look at the video after Musicares, which was end of January....its very clear where his head was...he planned to tour, hopefully both solo and with FM.
I don't know what to say. The Rolling Stone article cited above says the band was supposed to start rehearsals in June 2018 and Lindsey changed his mind and said that he wouldn't tour until November 2019 so the band had to move on and replace him.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know what to say. The Rolling Stone article cited above says the band was supposed to start rehearsals in June 2018 and Lindsey changed his mind and said that he wouldn't tour until November 2019 so the band had to move on and replace him.
Where is the text of this article with the November 2019 date? Edit: Never mind - found it. Note: The 2019 was put in brackets, meaning it was never actually said aloud by Stevie - it was only inferred. Lindsey himself said he was ready to tour in 2018 in the video recorded just a couple of months before news of his being fired became public. The 2019 claim is an obvious cover story - Lindsey knew the band would never wait nearly two years for their next tour.

Below is a link to the article from Rolling Stone reporting Lindsey's firing and it only cites "a disagreement over the band's upcoming tour".

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ingham-w518925

Last edited by Dr.Brown; 05-20-2018 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: Found link