User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post

As far as the lack of fluidity of her movements... just look closely at her hands.
Yes, her gloves and even some of her rings are probably designed to help control inflammation.

Michele
Old 06-02-2015, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post

I guess Stevie is more like a blank stare "in the zone" kinda girl. That's really surprising. Prior to my concert I thought she was very involved with crowd contact and interaction.
Stevie will talk more in her solo concerts and she does the Edge walk still, but she's not really into crowd interaction, where she's one on one. I mean, she certainly notices things. Like if you have a kid in the audience she will look. I've seen people put their daughters on their shoulders and Stevie will look and you know that she's taking it in and if you have stuffed animals or flowers she will see them. But these days I don't think she wants to take them. In fact, I think she sees these things as possible impediments that might cause trouble on the stage, when people are holding things up for her to take. She's not usually smiling and taking notice of particular people in the audience.

I have not been to one of her album signings, but if you get to go to one of those, I think you would get some of the interaction you're talking about, not in concert. Not any longer.

Michele
Old 06-02-2015, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This may be true, but she was a blank-stare-straight-forward-into-oblivion zombie the entire Say You Will tour, too- and that was a dozen years ago. It really bugged me back then because even stoic, silent John pointed, laughed, and smiled at the signs fans made for him that tour. Lindsey watches the audience like a hawk during Mac shows (not so much solo)- he seems to really enjoy what's going on out there.
I think Lindsey watches the audience a lot solo -- unless he's in some kind of strange special performance (like for the Apatow movie) where he chooses to close his eyes the entire time. He also LISTENS. It's so funny to me that he cannot only hear what people say to him in the front rows, but he can hear them 10 rows back too and in a solo concert, he actually makes some funny retort to what they say, which he can't do at FM shows.

Michele
Old 06-02-2015, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
I also think there's a difference between "solo" Stevie and "Fleetwood Mac" Stevie. Solo Stevie tends to be more playful and interactive, because it's her show and she can be. "Fleetwood Mac" Stevie tends to be a bit more professional, if you will, and hold back a bit so as not to steal (or be perceived as trying to steal) attention from the others on the stage.
EXACTLY.
She's totally different with her audience during her solo shows. There's been several theories on why she's so different when she performs with FM, but whatever the reason, it is what it is.
She can definitely see the first few rows of people. I know this for sure.
Regarding her joints, they are bad - especially her knees. I know from someone close to her that her knees give her problems. And I think we've all read about her back issues. Poor thing sounds like a she's falling apart. Seems to be hanging in there though so far.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I also think there's a difference between "solo" Stevie and "Fleetwood Mac" Stevie. Solo Stevie tends to be more playful and interactive, because it's her show and she can be. "Fleetwood Mac" Stevie tends to be a bit more professional, if you will, and hold back a bit so as not to steal (or be perceived as trying to steal) attention from the others on the stage.
I might be overthinking but every time someone screamed STEVIE!! at my concert when the focus wasn't on her, I saw her smile or look up. However, when the focus WAS on her, she doesn't do anything. Like during Rhiannon (I think?) she came up right in front of us at the end and bowed, but still, nothing. Everyone was screaming and holding out their hands so I at least expected her to look down, right? Nope. Girl is totally in her own world. It's kinda romantic in a way.

Also, outside from the Landslide speech, she hardly talked? I ALWAYS hear people talk about "infamous Stevie speeches". She barely spoke. :-P

Meanwhile every time Lindsey came over I was scared he would jump into the audience or something. That guy is soooo into crowd interaction LOL. He even signed stuff on the side of the stage when he wasn't playing!

Anyway, all very interesting theories. Wish she would come to Europe for a solo tour! If she comes for 24k Gold I'm totally going wherever she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I have not been to one of her album signings, but if you get to go to one of those, I think you would get some of the interaction you're talking about, not in concert. Not any longer.

Michele
Now I'm kinda scared to go to an album signing, lol.

I don't need interaction with her per sé. But it certainly made the concert experience less enjoyable. It felt like it would not have been any different to her if the entire concert hall was empty.
It made cheering her on and clapping feel kinda pointless, if anyone knows what I mean.

Last edited by twinmatrix; 06-02-2015 at 04:48 PM..
Old 06-03-2015, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Health-issues aside, I think this is the best explanation. It should also be noted that some band members used to make fun of her stage antics in the past. I'd guess that Lindsey and Christine were rolling their eyes a lot.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think Lindsey watches the audience a lot solo -- unless he's in some kind of strange special performance (like for the Apatow movie) where he chooses to close his eyes the entire time. He also LISTENS. It's so funny to me that he cannot only hear what people say to him in the front rows, but he can hear them 10 rows back too and in a solo concert, he actually makes some funny retort to what they say, which he can't do at FM shows.

Michele
I definitely got one of those strange performances here in Austin a couple of years back. He really did have his eyes closed most of the time. I don't think he looked at anyone in the crowd or interacted with them in any way. When he mentioned FM he got several loud jeers, which he laughed and acknowledged, but that's about it. Even when it was time for him to exit the stage, he had to walk past all of the fans to leave. He barely shook a hand while darting out.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I definitely got one of those strange performances here in Austin a couple of years back. He really did have his eyes closed most of the time.
Yeah, I saw him do that once when he was at the Roxy for a Judd Apatow event. It was like he didn't want to see the audience or the place he was in. I thought it was more than peculiar. Certainly a first for me, because he wasn't like that at the solo shows I'd attended.

With Stevie, I think she used to be different in her solo shows, but even that has changed now. She has fun at the solo shows, talking more and what not and I think laughing more with Sharon and Lori, but she still doesn't interact with the audience, outside of the Edge walk during the shows I've seen most recently.

Michele
Old 06-03-2015, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

This is not new for Stevie, she's had that same presence (or lack of at times) since the early days. She beams from ear to ear when she's in a good mood and wears her emotions tighter than her gloves when she pissed. I've been in the front row at concerts during different eras and she does tend to look off into the crowd but will acknowledge fans when they get her attention (I got a smile from her at the Tango concert at Maple Leaf Gardens in '87). Moody and inconsistent as she is, I still love the woman to bits, faults and all (she has many but not so self aware at times)

Last edited by On Ice; 06-03-2015 at 09:35 PM..
Old 06-04-2015, 04:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
I do, however, think her eyesight has worsened significantly since her surgery in the '90s. That's why she relies so much on her prescription sunglasses when she's not on stage. From when I've seen her perform recently, it seems pretty clear that she can only really see a few yards or so in front of her.
when she looks DIRECTLY at you and smiles the most glorious smile that lights up the universe ... she can see PERFECTLY well.

I think she's sick of this FM nonsense tbh.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
This is not new for Stevie, she's had that same presence (or lack of at times) since the early days.
Thanks for making that point. I've been reading the comments and thinking "this describes the typical behavior she generally always had." The imagined, idealistic portrayal of Stevie you might want to see is just that. Sometimes her fairy dust doesn't live up to expectations and it is just plain dust. That inconsistency has always been there.

I think this tour is taking a toll on her, perhaps more so than the other members.
Though they are road warriors, I can only imagine how weary life can get when they are off stage -- the monotony of constantly traveling, getting on and off planes, being chauffeured in cars. The juxtaposition of the loud applause of thousands of people to the silence of being alone in an hotel room. Over time, the repetitiveness could be grueling despite having the means to travel in the highest level of comfort and luxury.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 06-04-2015 at 06:03 AM..
Old 06-04-2015, 05:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Through the years she often projected a "who gives a ****?" vibe with FM on stage, when she is not centre stage. She would wander around looking partially zonked out and partially bored and apathetic during other numbers, even sit on the side and have a cigarette!
Old 06-04-2015, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Through the years she often projected a "who gives a ****?" vibe with FM on stage, when she is not centre stage. She would wander around looking partially zonked out and partially bored and apathetic during other numbers, even sit on the side and have a cigarette!
You sure that was a cigarette she was smoking?
Old 06-08-2015, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

After my concert 2 nights ago, I take back the negative things I said about Stevie. This concert she was playful, energetic, fun.

Maybe she was just tired the other time because there was a concert the day before.

Either way, I was so so happy to see STEVIE NICKS on stage in Antwerp and not the ghost of a woman from Amsterdam. xxx
Old 06-14-2015, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Just thought I'd share with you guys that my only wish regarding FM on tour would be for Stevie to recreate the Gypsy dance routine live on stage. Just thinking about it gives me tingles! Ah well, I can dream!
That would be AAAAAAAAMMMMMAAAAAAAZIIIIIIIINNNNG!!!!!!!