Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Courtney Love Tweets about "Aunt Stevie"

http://twitpic.com/ccve2

The entry is about halfway down the page. Her tweets are hard to follow, so I'm not sure if she's saying she wrote Malibu for Stevie? I also wonder what the other song is.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Great find! I'd love to know about the other song too. I would die very happy if Stevie ever recorded a song C. love penned. I can't actually imagine it though since Stevie apparently doesn't like to sing profanities! Heh.

I'm surprised she wrote ''Malibu'' with anyone else in mind though, since the subject matter is so personal (Cobain's suicide).

Last edited by Cornflake Girl; 08-02-2009 at 04:41 PM..
Old 08-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG, as soon as I clicked this link I looked out the window of my uncle's house and saw two cars collide. 0_o And I happen to be in Malibu. It's an omen.

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 08-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Registered

Its pretty much an open secret in the music industry that Billy Corgan wrote that entire album.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:30 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Ledgie

Didn't Courtney Love write a song for TISL called "When It All Falls Apart" I seem to remember reading about it back before the album came out. And Macy Gray had written a song for her as well, called "Smitten"
Old 08-03-2009, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Courtney wrote Malibu with La Nicks in mind stating "I want her to have a hit" It was rejected for TISL as was Smitten by Macy ..which ended up on a flop Rod Stewart album.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Courtney wrote Malibu with La Nicks in mind stating "I want her to have a hit" It was rejected for TISL.
Where was this published? I have a hard believing this was intended for Mama- I always thought this was an intensely personal song about Cobain. It is definitely my fave Courtney/Hole song- it is such a pretty, polished song, but so raw at the same time. I just cannot imagine Stevie doing this song justice- the pain in the song comes from a place that only Courtney could understand.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Around the time she covered Gold Dust Woman for The Crow soundtrack and interviewed Stevie for Spin Magazine, Love made numerous statements that she was writing a song for Stevie's next solo record, which was probably her own idea and not Stevie's. Still, she had nothing but iconic praise for Stevie. I loved that she called her "The real "O.G." - Original Gypsy, a play on the over-used Hip Hop vernacular/platitude "The O.G. - Original Gangsta."

This Rolling Stone (April 17, 1997) article is the only printed evidence I have in an old clip book.

Love, Canadian Style, With Blinker the Star

Last September, Blinker the Star had just finished a New York show and were being told to "get the hell off the stage" to make way for another band when a woman in the audience pushed her way to the front. "You guys were one of the best bands I've seen in years," she told singer and guitarist Jordan Zadorozny. He looked down and was astonished to discover his new fan was none other than Courtney Love, who was there with her bassist, Melissa Auf der Maur, a former band mate of Zadorozny's from his hometown of Montreal. Two months later, he was on his way to Love's manse in Los Angeles to write a song with her for Stevie Nicks' upcoming album.

A native of Pembroke, Ontario, an isolated logging town straight out of Twin Peaks, Zadorozny spent his youth hanging out in his parents' music store. Blinker's engaging new album, A Bourgeois Kitten, reflects those years with its quirky sensibility and encyclopedic array of influences (the Beatles, the Pixies, the Police, My Bloody Valentine, Fleetwood Mac).

Although Zadorozny, who recorded his first CD alone in his mom's basement, is used to working by himself, songwriting with Love went surprisingly quickly. "The first thing she said was, 'Play something Stevie,'" he reports, and those chords became the chorus of the song he describes as being, like Nicks herself, "in your face but wispy." Although he thought Love might be mad after rumormongers claimed he was recruited to write Hole's new record, Zadorozny was recently assured by Love that everything was OK. He's now back in Montreal, his Los Angeles adventure over, writing songs for Blinker the Star's new album.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Even if that's true (that he wrote the music) there's no way he wrote those lyrics. They are 100 per cent Courtney imo.
I completely agree, they fit right in with the style of everything prior and post ''Celebrity Skin''. I could be completely wrong but I remember vaguely that it is only the lyrics she is credited for in the sleeve of the CD.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd give alot to see La Nicks perform this song with this emotion. Say what you will about CL, but you can't say she is not raw on stage. This performance is heartbreaking.

I mean --

Dear God, I'm writing this letter to you,
cause I don't have a clue, can you help me?
I'm sitting here, simply trying to figure out,
what my life's all about, can you tell me?
I never wanted to be, the person you see,
can you tell me who I am?
I always wanted to die, but you kept me here alive,
can you tell me who I am?
I lie awake conducting this symphony,
that you have gifted to me, I can't ever sleep,
don't get mad, but I get weak inside,
and I start to fall apart, cause I feel nothing,
I never wanted to be, some kind of comic relief,
please show me who I am,
I've been tortured and scorned, since the that I was born,
but I don't know who I am, and I thank you man for everything,
sorry I'm so frightened about all of it, but I wish I could give you more,
and all the lights are shining down on me, and I feel intimated by it all,
I never wanted to be, the person you see, but thank you,
oh god please tell me now, are you disappointed? are you proud?
haven't I done everything, everything,
I'm so sorry I'm so weak, and I turned into a freak,
but I don't know anything, anything,
I've lost all self-esteem, my baby and everything and I feel nothing, nothing,
oh god please tell me now,
oh god please tell me now, cause i feel nothing,
and dear god I'm writing this letter to you,
I am coming unglued please help me...

Linda Perry is one angst filled b*tch!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Where was this published? I have a hard believing this was intended for Mama- I always thought this was an intensely personal song about Cobain. It is definitely my fave Courtney/Hole song- it is such a pretty, polished song, but so raw at the same time. I just cannot imagine Stevie doing this song justice- the pain in the song comes from a place that only Courtney could understand.
I can see Stevie covering the song believably..She has been through rock stardom ,addiction and very rocky relationships .Even if none of the men in them with her commited suicide or were victims of homicide..depending on who you believe.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I'd give alot to see La Nicks perform this song with this emotion. Say what you will about CL, but you can't say she is not raw on stage. This performance is heartbreaking.
That, is my favourite performance of one of my favourite songs. I can't really imagine Stevie ever singing something quite so controversial though, which is a shame because her present day vocals could be killer on this track.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Courtney wrote Malibu with La Nicks in mind stating "I want her to have a hit" It was rejected for TISL as was Smitten by Macy ..which ended up on a flop Rod Stewart album.
You mean "When It All Falls Apart", not "Malibu", right??? TISL came out years after CS
Old 08-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHeart69 View Post
You mean "When It All Falls Apart", not "Malibu", right??? TISL came out years after CS
Nope I mean"Malibu" La Nicks had already began putting together TISL in 1998 ..the year CS came out.I believe that is when she had the aborted sessions with Dallas Austin in Atlanta.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just listened to that rejected "Smitten" song. Not sorry it was rejected. Kind of staid and clunky.

Did "When It Falls Apart" ever make it on another album?