The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Alla guitarist Jorge Ledezma, who co-founded the band with his brother drummer Angel Ledezma back in 2001, doesn't mince words when discussing the trio's inauspicious beginnings, saying, "We did everything you're not supposed to do when you start a band."

Among a litany of missteps and miscalculations, Ledezma highlights the amount of time they spent working on their debut (almost five years) and the amount of money they sank into the self-financed project (a figure he estimates at $40,000 to $50,000). "It was ridiculously expensive," Ledezma says. "We spent days and days at Engine (Music Studios) with no plan, which is something, like, Fleetwood Mac would do. It's certainly not what an indie band does, but we were big music geeks, and we thought that's how you made genius records: You go into the studio and just start working."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...,3879158.story
Old 07-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://hypem.com/track/1161288/Van+R...ood+Mac+cover+

Van Risseghem - Gypsy (Fleetwood Mac cover) / MP3 & Music Blog ...
Listen to Van Risseghem - Gypsy (Fleetwood Mac cover) blogged at Cover Me / The Hype Machine.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Amazon.co.uk Review
A liner portrait of the big Mac, then coming off the commercial bonanza of Rumours, shows them looking anxiously at guitarist, singer, songwriter, and de facto auteur Lindsey Buckingham, a moment given weight by the sprawling ambitions behind this 1979 double album. Buckingham’s superb sense of pop craft had catapulted the once blues-based rockers into multiplatinum ubiquity, and he responded not with a safe return to form but with an invitation for his songwriting partners to chase their respective muses. Comparisons to the Beatles’ White Album abounded and remain apt: Stevie Nicks twirls dreamily through extended variations on her crystal visions, Christine McVie turns in a reliably fine set of sunny pop-rock cruisers and tender ballads, and Mick Fleetwood and John McVie sustain their reputation as one of rock’s most powerful yet deft rhythm sections. Buckingham provides the wild cards, in largely self-recorded plunges into his own skittish psych.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tusk-Fleetwo...N%3DB000002KKC
Old 07-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Friday, July 16, 2010

Songs that DJ's probably shouldn't play at weddings

Fleetwood Mac (in General)

Here's a true confession…I like Fleetwood Mac. Go ahead, make fun of me…ok….enough already. I'm not sure why I like them, but those people are just plain talented. In any case, I heard a DJ play "Dreams" at dinner during a wedding reception some time last year. It seemed like a chill, under the radar tune to play, but then the lyrics kicked in… "Thunder only happens when it's raining", "Players only love you when they're playing"… ouch… THUNDER? RAIN? PLAYER? Not really words the bride wants to associate with the wedding. How Bout "Say You Love Me" sounds innocent enough right? WRONG… this joint is really about Christine McVie's love interest in the song using her as a late night last resort. The Same goes for "The Chain"… "If you don't love me now, they you may never love me again" Strong words Mac… You can also add "Go Your Own Way" to the list… The whole band had volatile relationships with each other and their problems bled into their lyrics. It's been said that divorce in America skyrocketed after the release of 1977's Rumors.

What to play instead: "You Make Loving Fun" slips past the sneaky breakup ridden F-Mac lyrics and serves the same purpose as "Dreams". You can also run with Stevie Nick's duet with Don Henley "Leather & Lace".

http://ambientdj.blogspot.com/2010/0...ldnt-play.html
Old 07-18-2010, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Young urban amateur: The Versatile Blogger award
By Benny
(3) If I had to choose between a one-night stand with Stevie Nicks ca. 1975 or Christine McVie ca. 1975, I'd choose Stevie Nicks after some deliberation. If I had to choose between dating Stevie Nicks ca. 1975 or Christine McVie ca. ...
Young urban amateur - http://www.youngurbanamateur.com/
Old 07-18-2010, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As she neared the top of the stairs, she could hear the sounds of the stereo blaring Fleetwood Mac’s Rhiannon from behind the apartment door. This was the favorite song of six year old Brianna, who misheard the title lyric as her name. Dita could hear her off-key scream-singing “Brrriiiaaaannnnaaaaa.”

It was going to be one of “those” nights, she thought irritably. The song would be played on a seemingly endless loop. Then Brianna would tantrum when Dita had reached her limit with the song and turned it off.

http://ringaroundrinn.wordpress.com/...renda-excerpt/
Old 07-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sunday, July 18, 2010
The Beauty of British Song: Christine McVie

Although American singer Stevie Nicks got a good deal of attention during Fleetwood Mac's glory days, much of that band's success was due to Christine McVie, its keyboardist, who was an accomplished singer-songwriter in her own right.

Born Christine Perfect, she first achieved fame in the group Chicken Shack, joining Fleetwood Mac in 1970 and first appearing on Kiln House, where her smoky, blue-eyed soul style was a strong foil for Danny Kirwan, then the group's principal frontperson. She later married bassist John McVie, but the marriage didn't last, and the breakup inspired her best-known (and most perversely interpreted) song, "Don't Stop." Her songs would be musical counterpoints to the styles of not just Kirwan and Nicks but also American guitarists/vocalists Bob Welch and Lindsey Buckingham.

Her songs include "Spare Me a Little Of Your Love," "Say You Love Me," "Songbird," and "Everywhere."

Christine McVie no longer participates in Fleetwood Mac reunions and returned to England after being based in California for many years but remained active in music. In 2004, she released her solo album In the Meantime.

http://picturesofbeautifulwomen.blog...ine-mcvie.html
Old 07-19-2010, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac Biography and Top 10 Songs | Luke Guerrant
By hyperpelsall
I probably started listening to Fleetwood Mac when I was about 10, 11 or something like that because I remember getting their Greatest Hits album and it had.
Luke Guerrant - http://lukeguerrant.paidtoblog.com/
Old 07-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Music Video: Silver Springs by Fleetwood Mac (Covered by Kiersten ...
By keikomushi
This time it is Kiersten Holine (youtube, myspace, and tumblr) performing Silver Springs, a song originally from Fleetwood Mac. I was brought up on a healthy diet of bands such as the FMac, and Kiersten does such a great job of doing ...
Keiko Online - http://keikomushi.wordpress.com/
Old 07-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My Life in Every Language“Bleed to Love Her” – Fleetwood Mac

July 19, 2010 at 10:38 pm (Music) (Bleed to Love Her, Bright, Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham, Love)

Why do I like this song? Well, really, the question should be why do I LOVE it?

Well, I grew up with the Fleetwood Mac “Rumours” album…I still mostly love it – “I Don’t Want to Know” being my favorite. I don’t really care for the songs that Lindsey does – his voice and general wierdness gets on my nerves.

However, he is featured in “Bleed to Love Her” – a song featured as a new one on their live reunion album “The Dance” (A FABULOUS ALBUM!) and I love this song.

It has a bright sound, and in typical Mac-style, it half doesn’t make sense…but I know this feeling. You would give anything to be able to freely love someone – to touch, smell, see, taste, hear, hold, give, take, share, possess….all of those verbs associated with love, and perhaps, especially those that usually aren’t (like bleeding, lol).

And surely it isn’t unique to say that you ask not to get something, only that you can give – but in this case, he means EVERYTHING – that which enables him to live in order to feel this…and to have her know this feeling.

Who doesn’t know this feeling? If you haven’t felt this way, it’s inexplicable. If you have, you almost crave the drama of the feeling – the release from it is just barely as sweet as the feeling itself. You just listen to the song and you say “my god yes, what I would do…what do I do?”

Well, just set the song on repeat and sing with the lyrics below. That definitely gets the blood flowing, the drama in your soul builds, and you have an experience. And you know that you would give again and again anything to have that feeling and then perhaps have it reciprocated.

“Bleed to Love Her” – Fleetwood Mac (more specifically Lindsey Buckingham)

Once again she steals away
Then she reaches out to kiss me
And how she takes my breath away
Pretending that she won’t miss me

Oohh I would bleed to love her
Bleed to love her

And once again she calls to me
Then she vanishes in thin air
And how she takes my breath away
Pretending that she’s not there

Bleed to love her

Somebody’s got to see this through
All the world is laughing at you
Somebody’s got to sacrifice
If this whole thing’s going to turn out right

Bleed to love her

http://hikaruga.wordpress.com/2010/0...fleetwood-mac/
Old 07-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac | Best Golden Books
By admin
Fleetwood Mac reproduction Approx. Size: 11 x 17 Inches – 28cm x 44cm Style A mini poster print Pop Culture Graphics, Inc is Amazon's largest source for movie and TV show memorabilia, posters and more: Offering tens of thousands of ...
Best Golden Books - http://www.blinkeredthinker.com/
Old 07-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Brooke White lights up the dimly-lit Hotel Cafe with her sunshiny ...
By Karen
The opening song was only one of a few covers White performed – she also performed Fleetwood Mac's “Rhiannon” and ended her set with “a song she'll perform forever,” The Beatles' “Let it Be” (Considered one of her signature performances ...
Baby You'll Be Famous - http://babyyoullbefamous.wordpress.com/
Old 07-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Darker My Love: The Interview | The Dumbing of America
By admin
I think John Phillips' “Wolf King of LA” was a big record for us and also I think “Tusk” by Fleetwood Mac was big. Every night after we were done recording we would go back to the house we were staying at and start drinking and watching ...
The Dumbing of America - http://thedumbingofamerica.net/
Old 07-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 07-23-2010, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Friday, July 23, 2010
The Australian Fleetwood Mac Show coming to Clifton Springs
On Saturday August 28, 2010, the Australian Fleetwood Mac Show is playing at the Clifton Springs Golf Club.

Cost is $50 a head for a 2 course meal including entertainment - drinks are extra.

To book phone 5251 3391.

http://drysdale-victoria.blogspot.co...coming-to.html

And on this day, the real Stevie Nicks will not be tweeting, but will be performing in Connecticut.