Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Ledgie

Default "Friend" is the first US single

It goes to radio on July 26. "You Are" is my favorite on the album but this is my second favorite, so I'm not too disappointed.
Old 06-27-2004, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's great, "Friend" is one of my favourite songs.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool. I've just heard the "snippets," but I like "Friend" very much.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:18 AM

Friend is perfect for the single.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

I like Friend a lot. I think it will make a good single, just my opinion. "I told every....I even told the rising sun...." I think it is really pretty. Does anyone else think the intro sounds a little like the intro to You Make Loving Fun?? I am beginning to think that I am going crazy....I swear I can hear it. I think it is the rhythm maybe?? I'm not very musicially inclined, don't make fun of me...I just know I hear.

~Kim
Old 06-28-2004, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love "You Are". But, I LOVE "Friend" even more. I agree, it's perfect for a single. It kind of reminds me a little of "Love Shines". In my opinion, it's pretty close to being as good as some of Christine's best songs when Fleetwood Mac were in their prime back in the 1970's.

Last edited by macfan 57; 06-28-2004 at 06:23 AM..
Old 06-28-2004, 07:38 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I love "You Are". But, I LOVE "Friend" even more. I agree, it's perfect for a single. It kind of reminds me a little of "Love Shines". In my opinion, it's pretty close to being as good as some of Christine's best songs when Fleetwood Mac were in their prime back in the 1970's.
I agree w/you; I think "Friend" is the closest "FM-like" song on the album.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I said I wasn't going to listen to any of the snippets or anything until I had the album in its full form but I got weak and downloaded "You Are" which is so good. Her voice is still the same strong beacon!! I look forward to hearing the whole album.

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 07-02-2004, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't fully appreciate this song until I heard it entirely on In The Meantime. Right now it is my favorite track and I think it's an excellent choice for a single. If FM or Christine still had the airplay power they used to have, I would bet money that this song would go top 10. Who knows it still may. It's a great opening song too, sucks you right in.
Old 07-03-2004, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default from the one minute sound bites..

i think "Friend" is an excellent choice for an opening single. It has Fleetwood Mac "Bare Trees" written all over it.

although I'm riding on the fumes of 1 minute clips.. I've heard enough to know that this is a nice piece of work from Ms. McVie.. and I'm not surprised.. She is the songwriter who had the most hits as a member of Fleetwood Mac. and it shows on In the Meantime..

I can't wait until I receive my copy of the complete album.. I'm already hooked.. :-)
Old 07-04-2004, 05:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think that Friend would make a great single that could possibly do well but I would interested as to when/if singles will be released in the rest of the world. In Australia I think it is released next week but there has been no publicity. I would be interested to know because the US/Canada is basically the last place in the world to have it released.

If anyone still hasn't ordered or received their copy I found a great site I got mine from and it works out pretty cheap (sorry if this seems like advertising or is repeating a previous post). It is US$16.99 with free delivery from the US site and GBP8.99 from the UK site.

US Site
UK Site

Tynan
Old 07-04-2004, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree about "Friend". It sounds like Fleetwood Mac at their best in the 1970's. If it were released under the name of Fleetwood Mac, even now I think it would do VERY well on the Adult Contemporary charts. It beats anything on SYW by far, in my opinion. And, it's still only my second favorite song on the album.

By the way, I just found this on eBay. I didn't even know that there was an actual CD single for "You Are".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...022723765&rd=1