User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I do tower over her It was unreal!!!!!!! I swear MANY were singing along with tear streamed faces. It was, to quote a review 20 years ago, "like some hippie ritual" :cool"

What was the response from the crowd to Sara? It must have been akin to a riot!

Old 05-10-2004, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention

What was the response from the crowd to Sara? It must have been akin to a riot!
I never really looked away from the stage LOL. But, people were singing along to it. I would hear that from the crowd. She looked thrilled by the response. I cannot imagine they will drop it. I mean they have a vdeo playing in the background and everything. So, hopefully, it is here to stay!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-10-2004, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley

The Sara boots were actually brown...
Since there seems to be controversy over whether the boots are brown or red, I am wondering if they are the mahogany-colored oness she wore throughout much of the Enchanted Tour? Those are one of my all-time favorite pairs of her boots...what a gorgeous color, and though you wouldn't expect it, she seemed to be able to make it match any and every color of clothing!
Old 05-10-2004, 02:52 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
After listening to the bootlegs my impression is that DLMDA has lost some energy over the years esp on the singing part.

It was played in a lower key (E) than before (A).
Old 05-10-2004, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryHour
Since there seems to be controversy over whether the boots are brown or red, I am wondering if they are the mahogany-colored oness she wore throughout much of the Enchanted Tour? Those are one of my all-time favorite pairs of her boots...what a gorgeous color, and though you wouldn't expect it, she seemed to be able to make it match any and every color of clothing!
They probably were... I don't remember those specific boots from the Enchanted tour (never close enough to see them ;-) ), but they were mahogany.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I bet that with Sara, IKINW, and the other new songs, this is gonna be one hell of a tour... I really hope I get to see them, again. Last year was the first time I saw the Mac, and the box office ripped me off (long story) and I was really far away... But I am still just greatful to have been there.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Thanks to everyone who posted a review! And especially those who posted the MP3s. The first time I heard the Sara MP3, I just knew I could hear people singing along. And in my mind's eye, I could see the tears streaming down their cheeks! I also believe this song is in for the duration. Hopefully Destiny Rules too. You could tell Stevie has having fun with it and was very comfortable this time around.

As for the other new additions, not sure. IKINW sounded great to me, not sure what happened to the other two, but will see. I'm just a really big Stevie fan at heart, so the other songs are prolly gonna be harder for me to warm up to.. I can't help it. because I do love the Mac.

Sad to know Goodbye Baby was dropped as the closing song. It really reminded me of Songbird or HAEWAFY as a closer. BUT... check this out... how much MORE appropriate can Don't Stop be; Mick and Lindsey have already been talking about there being more fresh Mac to come... so Don't Stop is actually the perfect closer. Remember some fans, critics and reviewers were wondering if Goodbye Baby meant they might not tour again?

So... Don't Stop as a closer is actually - - A Good Thing!!

Laura
Old 05-11-2004, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But I cannot be sure, etc. I was just in awe!!!!!!!! BTW, LB's ending guitar had a lot to do with the tears!!!!!! it was sublime and his face playing it - SHHHEEEBUSS!!!!
Jason, every once in awhile, when I'd look back at you, you were positively glowing!! LOL And how many times did I turn around and go, "Oh...my...Gaaawd!" LOL

Okay, the Sara boots were rust colored, mahogany, whatever you want to call them. The mimic-y thing they do, w/ the Tusk-era video in the background is to die for! In Champaign, the entire crowd got on their feet for the first time when Sara began.

I mentioned on burnish that I took a pic of LB when he was on his knees in front of Stevie (after the calisthenics during the out of tune guitar bs). I'll post it, and the other good ones I took after I get 'em back and scanned (I still use an old school 35 mm).

Gerald and Christy! I knew the 2 of you were going to sh*t bricks when you heard about Red Rover and IKINW. LOL The harmonica part of IKINW was mostly Stevie singing "ba-ba-ba-ba-da-da...ba-ba-ba-da-da-da-da." Really cute! But then, you know that already if you've listened to the mp3's.

DLMDA was excellent, and most of the diehards agree, but it went over like a lead zeppelin in a big arena. I was looking around and a lot of "casual" fans seemed to be scratching their heads, going "Whaaa?" during that song. I'm disappointed, but not surprised, that it got dropped in Champaign.

Pattie, hurry up and post your review! What a great b-day you had, girl!

The old gdw shawl came back in Champaign - and we also noticed that Stevie was wearing 2 Stand Back capes, one with small polka dots, and one w/ big ones.

More random thoughts later....