Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I Want My MTV: The Uncensored Story of the Music Video Revolution

Has anybody read this book? Read a little about the FM videos- Gypsy and Hold Me- via a Google preview. Sounds like they were not easy to get along with.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Ledgie

I've read the book. Compared to a lot of the stories in it the FM stuff is mild.

They're mentioned again later in the book. While filming "As Long As You Follow" the cameraman panned over to where Stevie was supposed to be and she was out of frame. He said she'd fallen and was just lying on the floor. Somebody picked her up and propped her back in place and shooting went on.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post
Has anybody read this book? Read a little about the FM videos- Gypsy and Hold Me- via a Google preview. Sounds like they were not easy to get along with.
It's a great book and reference, with lots of drama! Stevie tells an interesting story about how she tried to stop doing coke cold turkey ("self-imposed rehab") just before the filming of the "Gypsy" video but failed because she was exhausted. So she ended up hiding a little bottle of coke in her dressing room only to flip out later when someone cleaned up her dressing room and threw out the bottle.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting tidbits. The director kind of summed it up in the part I read- he said "Hold Me was a ******* nightmare" ha! That JM tried to punch him and a lot of other things..
Old 01-22-2014, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post
Interesting tidbits. The director kind of summed it up in the part I read- he said "Hold Me was a ******* nightmare" ha! That JM tried to punch him and a lot of other things..
I'm sure filming in the middle of the desert in 110 degree heat didn't help anyone feel productive.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I'm sure filming in the middle of the desert in 110 degree heat didn't help anyone feel productive.
Good point!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Sounds like I need to take a look at this book!

Old 01-22-2014, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
That, con soap opera:
STEVIE NICKS: First of all, it was 110 degrees there in the desert, and I'm in flowing chiffon and platform boots with five inch heels, in a chaise lounge on a white sand dune, and I couldn't leave until they got that shot. It was so hot, and we weren't getting along. Lindsey Buckingham wasn't happy with me because I'd broken up with him six years before. I'd had an affair with Mick Fleetwood, which was a secret until Mick told Lindsey, and Lindsey was horrified. Then Mick fell in love with my best friend, who left her husband for Mick, so I lost Mick and my best friend in one fell swoop. And everybody hated Mick because of what he had done to me. So it was a bad situation. My advice is, don't ever go out with a rock star.

Ya, I ordered it. It sounds like the whole thing is good.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've watched some clips of the making of the Hold Me video that were on youtube or somewhere. There's bits of Stevie shooting her part on the chaise and I think also walking carrying the large painting in her full high heeled boots on shifting sands. And while I have no doubt FM is no picnic to work with when they are all being pissy, I have to say I found the film people pretty clueless about what the band members were going through to get the shots the director wanted. They just left Stevie sitting there at times while they dithered around with their cameras/lighting/whatever and then gave sort of cryptic commands about what they wanted them to do in a given shot and basically treated them like props. I can see where that would be annoying to anyone but especially so to 'ROCK STAHS" used to telling everyone else what to do.... add in being out in the middle of the desert and putting up with that tediousness for hours and hours... bad mix.