Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: New album?
Yes 138 93.24%
No 6 4.05%
Suck it and see 4 2.70%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Can't wait to hear the 5 of them together again...
Old 01-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hell yea we want a new album! Im pretty sure we will see one before a tour. I like the idea of a cross between tusk and rumours. That's kind of what SYW was to me, some classic sounding stuff next to something crazy. I really liked the EP. I love the three of them together more than solo even though Stevie has had some great solo moments. 4 from each writer would be nice. And yea ban all back up singers! I want the three of them Harmonizing. Some duets would be nice. But what ever they put out I'm sure it will be great, what ever they want to do. They are my favorite band for a reason.

Last edited by gssmith; 01-12-2014 at 05:41 PM..
Old 01-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
What is there even left to experiment with at this point, though?

Idk, my hope would be that they wouldn't try to overthink all of the songs and would just let them be natural and organic and whatever they end up being. I feel like when they try purposefully to be left-field or they try to be FM-y or commercial it ends up sucking.
I get what you're saying. But what I thought was seriously missing from Extended Play was some of Lindsey's quirkiness. The whole thing was just so middle of the road. Bland. I think Fleetwood Mac is at it's best when Lindsey is a little bit zany, Stevie is kooky/mystical, and Christine bridges them with her breezy pop influence. I really think Lindsey will bring on his A-game with Christine's inclusion, though. I think she's able to challenge Lindsey in a way no one else can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
YES! A new record please! A great FM record has been toooo long overdue!! With Chris on record as having sent Lindsey some new material, it really does sound like a new record is most likely in the works - which would be amazing news! Stevie probably has given Lindsey some songs/demos as well. However, my only hope is that all three songwriters are given EQUAL songs for the 1st time, instead of the 3 Stevie songs to Chris' 4 and Lindsey's 5 - SYW being the exception! But since Stevie holds much, MUCH more power in the band since the 80s, i'd be really surprised if she is given the short end of the stick.

A 12 song record w/ 4 songs from each (released this year) sounds about perfect to me with a "Tango" meets "Rumours" production value. And please toss out the disappointing production of "Extended Play" - I really expected more from Mitchell Froom, but Lindsey co-produced as well . Bring in Calliat or Dashut, I now appreciate what brilliance (sound engineering) each brought to the table, to the sound of the first 5 BN era FM records. Bottom line is they need an amazing & objective sound engineer & co-producer. Hell, bring in Dave Stewart & his team- "In Your Dreams" sounded pretty amazing!
I used to disagree with the thought of going back to Ken and/or Richard. But no one has ever been able to produce this band better. I haven't heard much of what Richard has done lately, but Ken's work on his daughter Colbie's albums is just the absolute best of what was so good about the classic Fleetwood Mac sound.

Regarding the equal distribution of songs... at this point, if does end up uneven, I think it will be a mutual decision. Like you pointed out, Stevie carries a weight these days that she never did in Fleetwood Mac's prime. I think the number of songs she brings to the table will ultimately be her own decision. She didn't want to contribute anything to Extended Play, so she didn't. Equal distribution would be nice, but I want this album to be organic, too. So if that means Christine gets one additional song (or whatever), then so be it.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Speaking of the Mac doing a "Rumours II," isn't that what they tried to do with Mirage? That album sort of felt like a forced Rumours (though there were moments of brilliance), and you just can't force something like Rumours. That's why Rumours worked so well, because it was so natural. They just need to go in as a band and do what feels right at the moment. Don't over think it.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders8323 View Post
Speaking of the Mac doing a "Rumours II," isn't that what they tried to do with Mirage? That album sort of felt like a forced Rumours (though there were moments of brilliance), and you just can't force something like Rumours. That's why Rumours worked so well, because it was so natural. They just need to go in as a band and do what feels right at the moment. Don't over think it.
Mirage was like a Buckingham/McVie album to me with some great Stevie tunes. The album to me sounded like a band. The harmonies are amazing, and the production was brilliant. Mirage gets a bad rap.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I want a new album, but I am afraid of it at the same time. I don't want to hate it or be disappointed.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will take a Fleetwood Mac album over three new solo CDs in 2014. As I love their solo efforts let's get those three voices together again.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
*a majority* of the hardcores. This hardcore has never been too enamoured.
Tusk is a masterpiece.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes but not with Christine...
Old 01-12-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Yes but not with Christine...
LOL!!! I was waiting for your response.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
Tusk is a masterpiece.
Hey Lindsey.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Hey Lindsey.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If you want another Stevie-Lindsey collaboration, THE single greatest bit of news is Christine's return. That's the only way it happens at this point.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's do some writing together guys. Take some of your songs and meld them together a la The Chain. See what happened there? I don't want a throw Christine's vocals on Lindsey's songs. I want a real album. This is your last shot leave something behind that is great as your farewell material. Say you will had it's moments, but I have listened to it in YEARS. That tells you something right there.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Let's do some writing together guys. Take some of your songs and meld them together a la The Chain. See what happened there? I don't want a throw Christine's vocals on Lindsey's songs. I want a real album.
I think they do a patchwork album, a 60 date tour, then go into the studio for the full-on collaboration.

Quote:
This is your last shot leave something behind that is great as your farewell material.
Says who?

Quote:
Say you will had it's moments, but I have listened to it in YEARS. That tells you something right there.
Not really.

THE Stephen Hopkins