Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Ledgie

Default Paris 11/10/2013

Saw The Mac tonight in Paris and all I can say is WOW! Incredible gig! Was at the very front, shook Lindsey's hand and I take back an earlier post I made where I mentioned I didn't enjoy Stevie's 'weird' dancing during GDW... seeing it live is incredible! And hearing Stevie tell her stories was great! Will post a proper review when I'm home in afew days and will upload some photos but for now all I can say is Wow! Just Wow!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

lots of lindsey-audience interaction in this one:

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just got home from the show and I agree with GDW, it was incredible. I had an inkling it would be when Stevie screamed "let's get this party started" into the mic at the very beginning.

An all around great performance from everyone. Stevie's voice was solid and Lindsey's finger picking was amazing. I was grateful for every song, even the weathered warhorses. Perhaps the only miss for me was "Without You" which doesn't translate too well on stage in its current incarnation.

Highlights: Rhiannon, Tusk, SOTM, Sara, GDW, NGBA, Landslide, ISA, Say Goodbye. Aww heck pretty much all of them.

Landslide was dedicated to Anthony, a waiter who took good care of Stevie and her friends during a three week stay in Paris and made them feel like Frenchwomen. She mentioned having the hardest time hunting down a pair of Karl Lagerfeld boots, the very ones she was wearing that night I believe.

Speeches were long but surprisingly funny. When Stevie jumped from 1971 (?) to 2010 during the "Without You" intro, she added: "yes we're vampires, we've been here forever".

Silver Springs was back in the set.

Thank you and good night.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sad Angel -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I kept wondering about this show because it seemed like it was the last one to sell out among Mick's VIP packages. I didn't know what overall ticket sales were, but I worried that maybe it would be a laggard.

It sounds like that was not the case and you guys had a great night.

Ha. I wish I could have been there to ask Stevie to tell the story of what happened with Rupert Hines, as long as she was in France at the scene of the crime.

Michele
Old 10-12-2013, 02:15 AM
Ledgie

I just want to quickly add that during Stevie's WY intro, I was watching Mick and Lindsey and the eye rolling and head shaking and the looks they gave eachother I found totally hilarious.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.lemonde.fr/culture/articl...4745_3246.html

An evening of perfect songs with Fleetwood Mac Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy

Le Monde.fr | 12.10.2013 at 12:11 • Updated 12.10.2013 at 18h39 | By Sylvain Siclier

As recalled at one time the singer and guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, the story of Fleetwood Mac has consistently been full of ups and downs. For ten years, it is rather high, which dominates with three world tours in large rooms.

That of 2003-2004, with nearly one hundred forty concerts found himself in the twenty-five while generating the most revenue. The 2009 not far from aligned ninety dates, almost as much as the course in 2013, which began on April 4 at Columbus (Ohio) and the expected time until December 7 in Auckland, New Zealand .

TUBES PETS

In 2009, Fleetwood Mac had his Parisian stage at the Zenith. This time it is the Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, the capacity of more than double when the pop-rock band played Friday, Oct. 11. From the documents filmed on phones that run on the Internet, the show does not vary from one night to another.

With twenty-two or twenty-three songs, most of which are tubes (Second Hand News, Dreams, Rhiannon, Tusk, Sara, Gypsy, Go Your Own Way, Do not Stop ...) or sound familiar (Sisters of The Moon, Landslide, Eyes Of The World, Gold Dust Woman, Silver Springs ...) for two hours from concert.
Two of the four new songs sold on iTunes since late April are also the directory, the first since the last album of the formation Say You Will (2003). Sad Angel and Without You (not to be confused with a theme of the group, in 1969, when he was a blues band led by guitarist Peter Green) sound like songs that could be included in the greatest albums in the mid-1970s to the early 1980s.

There, at the end of the concert, the song during World Turning, a drum solo from Mick Fleetwood, one of the founders of the group in London in 1967. Today, only the hard rock bands still allow this time with Mick Fleetwood happens not to be too long chore. Because he is a craftsman of the first regular strikes, powerful, a drummer who accompanies others and do not play the demo. There is a well calibrated thanks to the "best audience of the tour in the most beautiful city of the tour" speech. Nobody is fooled but that's part of the show.

Spins DANCING

There also has some long stories told by the group Buckingham and singer Stevie Nicks, whose joint arrival in 1975, in the training party is to settle in the United States, corresponded to its global expansion. There is the impassive presence of bassist John McVie, also the first steps of Fleetwood Mac in England and one member, with Mick Fleetwood to have experienced all the various incarnations of the band. Dancing and whirling Stevie Nick, with top hat and tambourine, Short-billed no more today than it was decades.

And then there is, first and foremost, a perfect collection of songs, which occasionally take a little bite when Buckingham propels some solos (in finger-style playing, a bit like the flamenco guitar). Songs that mix pop and folk, country and rock vocal harmonies reinforced by two singers.

Music that appeals to fans of Californian rock 1970s, which saw spending a lot of musical modes without s' efforts to run after. She is played by sixties, which means voice are still there, as well as the ease of instrumentalist.

The band's official website .
Old 10-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Paris-Match [Ouch. You French are picky!]

Last night in Paris ... Fleetwood Mac

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.parismatch.com/Culture/Musique/Hier-soir-a-Paris-Fleetwood-Mac-533012&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=UTF-8};

Our reporter yesterday evening concert Fleetwood Mac at Bercy.

There are four years, Fleetwood Mac gave a concert at the Zenith in Paris, the first after nearly 30 years of absence in France. Last night Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood had targeted larger, invading Bercy (sitting configuration), which did not display completely full at the start of the show. Surrounded by four additional musicians, Fleetwood Mac started out with a bang, linking three tracks on the album "Rumours" recently reissued. The sound is powerful, bass shook the bleachers, and Mick Fleetwood hits his drums with the precision of a metronome.

Come hand in hand, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks take center stage in turn. Buckingham, a cross between Sting and Art Garfunkel will show throughout the 2:30 show what a great guitarist he is. Accurate, it has a unique sound and deliver solo anthology ("Big Love" alone on stage), cheered by 10,000 spectators. Nothing to say no more about Nicks who carry the crowd with a stripped down rendition of "Landslide" sublime. Very comfortable, she says her love paris, dedicating a song to Anthony, a server she met on the Ile St Louis or launches into a very, very long explanation before song "Without You."

But after an hour and a quarter together, the atmosphere begins to fall. Already she was not boiling hot, the fans of FM being rather discrete nature of ... Stretching titles, Fleetwood Mac tired and bordering on unbearable with too lengthened versions of "Gold Dust Woman" and "I'm so afraid. " A "Go your own way" at the end of a little set back on the flame, like "Do not stop." But nothing to do, if Fleetwood Mac has always been a blues band since its inception in 1968, this furrow dug too last night in Paris was ultimately boring and disappointing. Damage.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Buckingham, a cross between Sting and Art Garfunkel will show throughout the 2:30 show what a great guitarist he is. Accurate, it has a unique sound and deliver solo anthology ("Big Love" alone on stage), cheered by 10,000 spectators.
ha! he's improving. used to be only Art Garfunkel. a bit of Sting in there - much better! not sure whether that''s b/c his hair is not as high anymore, or the slick suit jacket, or whatever... but i'd take it.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Go Your Own Way by agadsa

Rhiannon by agadsa

Stand Back by melouzaza

Last edited by vivfox; 10-12-2013 at 08:14 PM..
Old 10-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sara by a music lover in Paris

Landslide by Julien Flamand

Big Love by Julien Flamand

Last edited by vivfox; 10-12-2013 at 07:37 PM..
Old 10-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sister's of the Moon by papillote88

Tusk by Julien Flamand

Dreams by Julien Flamand

Old 10-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hold on....has Stevie been doing that "Ooooh hoooo" at the beginning of Sara (right before "Drowndin'...in the sea of love") the whole tour?? I haven't been watching the videos from all the shows, so this completely surprised me!

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 10-13-2013, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
Hold on....has Stevie been doing that "Ooooh hoooo" at the beginning of Sara (right before "Drowndin'...in the sea of love") the whole tour?? I haven't been watching the videos from all the shows, so this completely surprised me!
I don't know that she's done it every time, but it's a great surprise! What a wonderful addition to hear her doing a little falsetto. Sounds sublime.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Without You intro and song by papillote88