The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2018, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Got to be tough playing 800 seat theaters when your old band is playing 20,000 seats a night. My understanding is that Mick Fleetwood and John McVie co-own Fleetwood Mac and all the others are technically employees. Thus, I believe Mick/John probably had the right to fire Lindsey. Lindsey may be entitled to some portion of the proceeds from this tour if they had a contract in place and it sounds like this is the basis for the lawsuit; in other words, Lindsey believes he's entitled to his share of the revenue from this current tour which, by report, was about 14 million. Apparently he and the band have been discussing a settlement since he was fired and nothing has come of that negotiation so now he's suing essentially to get paid. My guess is that Lindsey has a weak case as contracts usually have an clause saying that the person isn't entitled to the money if he/she is fired for cause. I suspect the band will say that they fired him for cause. That being said, it's probably best for both parties that this be resolved quickly so this will probably be quietly settled before long.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Got to be tough playing 800 seat theaters when your old band is playing 20,000 seats a night. My understanding is that Mick Fleetwood and John McVie co-own Fleetwood Mac and all the others are technically employees. Thus, I believe Mick/John probably had the right to fire Lindsey. Lindsey may be entitled to some portion of the proceeds from this tour if they had a contract in place and it sounds like this is the basis for the lawsuit; in other words, Lindsey believes he's entitled to his share of the revenue from this current tour which, by report, was about 14 million. Apparently he and the band have been discussing a settlement since he was fired and nothing has come of that negotiation so now he's suing essentially to get paid. My guess is that Lindsey has a weak case as contracts usually have an clause saying that the person isn't entitled to the money if he/she is fired for cause. I suspect the band will say that they fired him for cause. That being said, it's probably best for both parties that this be resolved quickly so this will probably be quietly settled before long.
Yes most of these cases settle which means pay day for Mr. Buckingham. With them playing so many Lindsey songs, I would not be surprised a settlement happened. Lindsey quit the band and they only played Go Your Own Way. He gets fired and they are playing Monday Morning, Second Hand News, and Go Your Own Way. If these songs are so vital to FM Legacy, why would they fire him. Clearly they feel a need to perform these songs.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Well said. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Various people have said Stevie gets paid the most, followed by the rest of the band. However, the article said each member was expected to be paid $14 million for the tour. If that's true, then it would seem Stevie doesn't get paid anymore than anyone else in the band.

I just thought that was kind of interesting. Just goes to show no one here knows anything after all, and I'm including myself of in that statement. All these theories about who knew what, who said what, an incident that happened in 1975, a fight during MusiCares, who hates who and who's really at fault, it's all headache inducing.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So the white witch gets her panties in a major wad and all hell breaks loose!

Thanks Stevie!
Old 10-11-2018, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Well said. Thanks.
Wow you really hate Lindsey don't you?
Old 10-11-2018, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Wow you really hate Lindsey don't you?
I sincerely don't understand why you would make that comment to someone about hating Lindsey when you are doing the same thing with Stevie. I'm not trying to provoke you, but why are you surprised at someone hating Lindsey at least as much as you hate Stevie?
Old 10-11-2018, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Various people have said Stevie gets paid the most, followed by the rest of the band. However, the article said each member was expected to be paid $14 million for the tour. If that's true, then it would seem Stevie doesn't get paid anymore than anyone else in the band.

I just thought that was kind of interesting. Just goes to show no one here knows anything after all, and I'm including myself of in that statement. All these theories about who knew what, who said what, an incident that happened in 1975, a fight during MusiCares, who hates who and who's really at fault, it's all headache inducing.
I never thought she got paid more. It always bothered me when people said that because I knew they were wrong.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Stevie's definitely growing more than a little barmy. Mom died, Dad died, Glen's son died, Prince died, Glenn Frey died, and Petty died. Lots of death in her world in recent years giving her an intimation of her own end and maybe making her philosophical.

But she's barmy, too—falling in love with the Twilight movies, singing with Lana Del Rey and other young Stevie surrogates, doing embarrassing cameos in several of the Ryan Murphy TV shows. She used to have pretty good taste in movies, but how can she go from Cocteau and Wyler to Twilight?!

Nope. They're just annoyances, like her inability to take studio work seriously or her penchant for telling interminable anecdotes onstage night after night. In a band, the only people you fire for being annoying are people who have no standing or value in the band.

Nicks had just finished a big, happy tour with the Pretenders when she fired Lindsey. Her solo career—with albums, press coverage, tours, guest spots, and riches—is flourishing. Why didn't she just leave Fleetwood Mac? What does she want with Fleetwood Mac? What does she get from Fleetwood Mac that she doesn't get from her solo career? If I had been her at that point, I'd have said "I quit" and gone out on tour again. Her decision to destroy the Rumours Five strikes me as mean-spirited, almost like revenge for something-or-other. It's also mean to the legions of Rumours Five fans—did she think of any of them, or just herself?
what a fantastic post. If anyone could write a Fleetwood Mac op ed piece, it would be you. That was a great read.

I think present Stevie gets this out of current FM: A sense of power and control. Affirmation that despite ALL the OTHER members, a large chunk is there because of her. At 70 this is all she has. Her songs, persona, and a circle of friends who tell her only what she likes. It was a blow to her ego when Christine came back and a double threat when the rest of the band could get along and make something without her name on it.

She now chooses wisely what she wants to attach herself to, wisely only favoring things that will put her in the spotlight. Twilight, AHS, Death of Tom Petty....all hugely convenient things to use to weave a web that only cocoons her in the spotlight, bringing her into the center of the narrative.

This is a person who literally thought so highly of herself, she presented her own autograph as a gift item to somebody else...and prided on the fact that shes stingey with signing autographs for anyone.

Last edited by BigAl84; 10-11-2018 at 07:21 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

THat's interesting. I actually thought the songwriters got paid the most--or maybe that's after everything. IE the all have the same "Base" but then royalties on top of for the songs?
Old 10-11-2018, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm just gonna post this and call it a day
Old 10-11-2018, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Got to be tough playing 800 seat theaters when your old band is playing 20,000 seats a night.
Yep, Petty Stevie & the Heartbreakers are playing 20,000 seats--only problem is half the seats are empty.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I sincerely don't understand why you would make that comment to someone about hating Lindsey when you are doing the same thing with Stevie. I'm not trying to provoke you, but why are you surprised at someone hating Lindsey at least as much as you hate Stevie?
I don't like her based on her behavior (look at what she just did) the last couple of years. Refusing to record, firing Lindsey, bashing him in the press (yes she has), dictating when FM tours. "I used to love her so much" What has Lindsey done the last couple of years that even comes CLOSE to what Stevie has done? NOTHING
Old 10-11-2018, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Yep, Petty Stevie & the Heartbreakers are playing 20,000 seats--only problem is half the seats are empty.
Not last night.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-11-2018, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Not last night.
Congrats to Lindsey for shaping the sound that so many of them want to come and hear! ****ing shame he couldn't be there for the party!