User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I don’t “give a crap” about any of those shows. I have the slightest interest to “school you”. I don’t know you and honestly couldn’t care less.
Ping-Pong
Old 03-14-2019, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post

bombaysaffires ... sorry. i did say in my DARKEST of delusions
I don't think SnL was all fake. But, at this point, that's cold comfort.

In my fantasy, they would all 5 care about each other and The Chain would be true. But they don't really care.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

In my fantasy, they would all 5 care about each other and The Chain would be true. But they don't really care.
You didn't mean to meet her you cry
Oh but the sun goes down every night
She came to you when you were alone
And yes she matters to you

that damn Carol...errrrr Kristen....

I may or may not have watched this soap opera and believed it, too. lol
Old 03-14-2019, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

the one moment that didn't *seem* totally fake to me was her crying throughout Say Goodbye at the MGM Grand on the final night of the SYW tour. But I think it's just her getting caught up in that moment, and then snapping back to reality, which she did when it ended.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
the one moment that didn't *seem* totally fake to me was her crying throughout Say Goodbye at the MGM Grand on the final night of the SYW tour. But I think it's just her getting caught up in that moment, and then snapping back to reality, which she did when it ended.
i still think her crying then was about something or other completely different than whatever all fans speculate.

i find it highly amusing that the same people happy about not having to watch anymore fake Stevie-Lindsey interactions are also all too happy watching same interactions between Stevie and Neil. and the band exuding fake happiness. yet somehow, these people are buying the happiness and completely incredulous Stevie-Neil interactions that even reviewers are going wtf about.

i also find it completely weird that while most of us, both Lindsey and Stevie fans, complained about stale setlists for FM shows and couldn't wait for solo shows of either for either new stuff or deep cuts, now some of those same Stevie fans are ecstatic seeing the same stale greatest hits set from Stevie, with even less of her songs and none of her deeper cuts, just a few covers thrown in.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-14-2019, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She's a drama queen, and, I believe, works that sh*t up just for the audience. They lap it up, and the old goat knows that.

If i'm thankful for ONE thing, it's that I NEVER have to watch that RIDICULOUS hand holding/ fake romance on stage again. It was pathetic. They only thing more pathetic is the morons who ate it up!
Old 03-14-2019, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Since the Dance, it's been a combination of a little play that they do onstage during certain songs, like Landslide and the Chain, where they act out their little erotic glances and glares, and a genuine sense of musical and historical connection, and because that connection is so old, it can't help feeling deep and abiding.

But the next day when the concert's over and the stage lights are off, it's a cold splash of water when Lindsey pounds on the wall because you're playing your JT songs too loudly.

It's a fractious connection; it's like two powerful horses tethered together, both magnificent, but always trying to yank away from each other.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-14-2019, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Since the Dance, it's been a combination of a little play that they do onstage during certain songs, like Landslide and the Chain, where they act out their little erotic glances and glares, and a genuine sense of musical and historical connection, and because that connection is so old, it can't help feeling deep and abiding.

But the next day when the concert's over and the stage lights are off, it's a cold splash of water when Lindsey pounds on the wall because you're playing your JT songs too loudly.

It's a fractious connection; it's like two powerful horses tethered together, both magnificent, but always trying to yank away from each other.
you know, i'm always wondering about that one. the only story about that came Karen. she went out, there was a bang on the wall, and then Karen came back blaming it on Lindsey. do we even know Lindsey was really next door during that interview?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-14-2019, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

except now she's acting it out with Neil, and that's just totally mucked up.

In fact, she's be re-enacting the Landslide performance from The Dance with any guitar player she can find. That has always grossed me out.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
except now she's acting it out with Neil, and that's just totally mucked up.

In fact, she's be re-enacting the Landslide performance from The Dance with any guitar player she can find. That has always grossed me out.
It only shows what a fantastic liar she is. She sold the stupid idea of how special Landslide is because it’s about Lindsey and she wrote if for him. But she has no problem playing it with anybody she can find and dedicating it to anybody but him on this tour.

That only shows how much she despises him.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Everything seem fake to me now. I can’t believe a word that comes out of her mouth ever again. Even if she fake a stupid forgiveness to Lindsey, I won’t believe her.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 03-14-2019 at 10:22 PM..
Old 03-14-2019, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i find it highly amusing that the same people happy about not having to watch anymore fake Stevie-Lindsey interactions are also all too happy watching same interactions between Stevie and Neil.
Quote:
except now she's acting it out with Neil
Just remember that it has always only been an act. Fleetwood Mac long ago stopped being a real band and became more like a Broadway musical.

For the record, I could easily live without Landslide or any of the other fake interactions.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-14-2019, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
It only shows what a fantastic liar she is. She sold the stupid idea of how special Landslide is because it’s about Lindsey and she wrote if for him. But she has no problem playing it with anybody she can find and dedicating it to anybody but him on this tour.

That only shows how much she despises him.
well what I hate is the whole posing onstage the exact same way--- the guitarist standing where LB stood, her looking over at whoever it is in the same way she turned to LB during the recorded show, the whole frigging thing.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Just remember that it has always only been an act. Fleetwood Mac long ago stopped being a real band and became more like a Broadway musical.

For the record, I could easily live without Landslide or any of the other fake interactions.
yes, that's a very good way of putting it
Old 03-14-2019, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
well what I hate is the whole posing onstage the exact same way--- the guitarist standing where LB stood, her looking over at whoever it is in the same way she turned to LB during the recorded show, the whole frigging thing.
Remember that the woman we are dealing with here is the same one that has worn THE. SAME. CLOTHES. for how many years? Whether it's her on stage costumes, or the off stage-cold shoulder top-nothing changes with her.

Who knows why, but she probably only knows those scripted moves for each song. For instance, someone surely has told her the crack head dance is utterly ridiculous and embarrassing. Then again, maybe not??