Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Ledgie

Default Stevie longs for Chris in June 16, 2007 interview

Here's what Stevie said in an interview by the Boston Herald on June 16, 2007 just prior to her performance with Chris Isaak at the Fleet Center:

“I was very not inspired by not having Christine on the last tour,” Nicks said. “I miss her more than you could imagine, more than I could have even imagined. So I hope that one of these days, Christine’s going to get up in her English castle and say, ‘I’m bored. I’m going to call Stevie and I’m going to do this Fleetwood Mac thing one more time.’ Because I don’t know if I’ll be happy doing it again without her. It just doesn’t seem right to me."

Maybe Stevie can coax Chris back into the studio if not a tour. I wonder if she talks to Chris on the phone nowadays.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by profjohn View Post
Here's what Stevie said in an interview by the Boston Herald on June 16, 2007 just prior to her performance with Chris Isaak at the Fleet Center:

“I was very not inspired by not having Christine on the last tour,” Nicks said. “I miss her more than you could imagine, more than I could have even imagined. So I hope that one of these days, Christine’s going to get up in her English castle and say, ‘I’m bored. I’m going to call Stevie and I’m going to do this Fleetwood Mac thing one more time.’ Because I don’t know if I’ll be happy doing it again without her. It just doesn’t seem right to me."

Maybe Stevie can coax Chris back into the studio if not a tour. I wonder if she talks to Chris on the phone nowadays.
I love the way Stevie thinks Christine lives in a castle

I don't know whether they keep in touch or not but if I were Christine I'd be changing my phone number so that Mick couldn't get in touch with me.

If he thinks the only way he's going to get another FM album is by delivering Christine to Stevie then he's going to be on that phone fairly soon.

Save yourself Christine!

Gail

PS Thanks for posting this
Old 06-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG...with each interview, Stevie's views about Christine's absence become more and more intense. I love this!
Old 06-18-2007, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

maybe if were lucky it can coax her to at LEAST make another album with them
Old 06-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
OMG...with each interview, Stevie's views about Christine's absence become more and more intense. I love this!
Me too! I LOVE these Stevie quotes about Christine. It sure beats those ridiculous "testosterone" comments by another FM member.

Maybe Chris & Stevie are still communicating with each other via e-mail. Chris did mention in several of her ITM interviews that they did e-mail each other occasionally.

Last edited by macfan 57; 06-18-2007 at 02:32 PM..
Old 06-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i wonder if stevie's actually expressing these thoughts to christine personally, or if she's just saying them to the press? maybe she's clipping the articles and pasting them in a big scrapbrook with little hearts drawn around them. . ."what i did this summer without you!" either way, i love that she's getting more and more vocal about with every interview. it will be interesting to see what the others will say in response later on (or if they say anything at all).
Old 06-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
i wonder if stevie's actually expressing these thoughts to christine personally, or if she's just saying them to the press? maybe she's clipping the articles and pasting them in a big scrapbrook with little hearts drawn around them. . ."what i did this summer without you!" either way, i love that she's getting more and more vocal about with every interview. it will be interesting to see what the others will say in response later on (or if they say anything at all).
I would hazard a guess that she's not spoken to Christine.

I think this is for the benefit of the others, Lindsey in particular.

I imagine that Christine knows about it though - I wonder what she thinks?

Probably "which bit of I'm retired do you not understand"

Gail
Old 06-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Christine records with Fleetwood Mac again, I want her to do it because SHE wants to, not because Stevie wants her to.

I'd personally prefer for Chris to make another solo album, and I also think that's more likely than that she'd work with the Mac again. I think she'd be happier doing another In the Meantime-style project rather than putting herself through the pressure cooker that recording with the Mac would certainly be.

Maybe Stevie could do a guest vocal on a new Christine solo album?
Old 06-19-2007, 03:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
If Christine records with Fleetwood Mac again, I want her to do it because SHE wants to, not because Stevie wants her to.

I'd personally prefer for Chris to make another solo album, and I also think that's more likely than that she'd work with the Mac again. I think she'd be happier doing another In the Meantime-style project rather than putting herself through the pressure cooker that recording with the Mac would certainly be.

Maybe Stevie could do a guest vocal on a new Christine solo album?
I couldn't agree more. I would be very happy for her to record with FM again if she thought it would be fun or a bit of a laugh but not out of some sense of duty or loyalty or, God forbid, pressure.

Logistically it would be difficult but not impossible but I for one do not think she will ever fully participate in an FM album again. So as Stevie wont be making another FM album "in this lifetime" without Christine it looks like we'll all have to wait for the after life.

Gail
Old 06-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Man I tell ya, if Chris came back for another album and then a tour, I would be all too excited, but I would only want it, if she wanted to do it. Otherwise, the longing to be elsewhere will be written all over her face, and I know none of us would want that.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exactly, It would suck if she did it because she felt the pressure to, rather than wanting to. I would rather have no mac, than Chris, or any other member for that matter, unhappy with how things turned out. Both Stevie and Lindsey seem happy with thier lives the way they are, and both Mick and John are doing thier own things too. Say You Will might just have to be our 'good bye' to Fleetwood Mac as we know it. It sounds really sad, but that is most likely the way things will turn out
Old 06-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The solution

Why don't they do a "one night only" tour? It worked for Bee Gees and Elton, I remember.
I think it was because one Gibb brother was sick, so to avoid the pressure of tours, they just played in one city per continent. Well, I don't know if it would work for Fleetwood Mac, in $ terms, but Christine could enjoy a short non-exhaustive tour. If she wants, of course.

Anyway, I liked Stevie words, but yes, if they reunite again, the 5 members, everybody need to ENJOY it and want to do it.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Some limited participation on an album I can just about imagine but any kind of live work I would say is out of the question.

she hasn't played live for 10 years and by the time they get round to it she will probably be 65.

Gail
Old 06-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Paul McCartney is still up and running, and hes 65
Old 06-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
if I were Christine I'd be changing my phone number so that Mick couldn't get in touch with me
****, he probably still has her on speed dial!