Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Ledgie

Smile Say You Love Me demo

I can't remember where I got this from, but I just think it's cool.... Sounds like an early version of SYLM, with different backing vocals from Stevie....

Like I've said before, most of the die-hard Ledgies probably have this, but I'm sure there are those who haven't heard this before....

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yq0lw8
Well let it let go of the sorrow."
--Stevie Nicks, "Juliet"
Old 06-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I did not have this, so thank you very much for posting it. It's one of my favorite Mac tunes.

It sounds pretty rough alright. She doesn't even have half the words yet. If this is the moment where she felt goosebumps hearing the three voices sing together I'd be surprised!

Last edited by aleuzzi; 06-04-2007 at 11:40 PM..
Old 06-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for posting. Gotta love these FM demos.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
Thank you for posting. Gotta love these FM demos.
agreed. I love listening to FM Demos...some i like better than the original

but thank you for posting
Old 06-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmfanatic View Post
I can't remember where I got this from, but I just think it's cool.... Sounds like an early version of SYLM, with different backing vocals from Stevie....

Like I've said before, most of the die-hard Ledgies probably have this, but I'm sure there are those who haven't heard this before....

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yq0lw8
Hey Ffmfanatic!

Ditto on the "Thanks for posting".

I love to hear the different variations...like the use of a banjo on the Dance CD.

To me it is interesting to hear how the songs evolve...but on Stevie's webpage (I think?) she states that she hates people who steal her music before it's finished. (Maybe she was just in a grumpy mood when she said that.)

I love Christine's voice -- much better than STevie's IMHO.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Ledgie

Tee Dee -- I love that handle! Yes, I know I've read Stevie's comment too, but I can't help it -- some of the demos ARE just as good as the finished product!

BTW, I didn't steal any of these myself -- they came from CDs I got from fellow FM fans, or from other places on the internet (so I guess you can accuse me of receiving stolen property?!? ) If Stevie is reading this (by some astronomical chance), I hope she doesn't hold it against me -- I'm going to see her show on July 3!

And yes, Christine's voice is the #1 reason why I love her so much as a singer!!! Not that I don't like Stevie's voice, but I'd say Christine's voice is more of a natural, God-given talent (for lack of a better term, LOL). Stevie's voice is more of an acquired taste, IMHO; you either like it or you don't. I do, but I know a lot of people who don't....

Andrea
--Stevie Nicks, "Juliet"
Old 06-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think I've ever heard this version before! I like it.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Tee Dee -- I love that handle! Yes, I know I've read Stevie's comment too, but I can't help it -- some of the demos ARE just as good as the finished product!

BTW, I didn't steal any of these myself -- they came from CDs I got from fellow FM fans, or from other places on the internet (so I guess you can accuse me of receiving stolen property?!? ) If Stevie is reading this (by some astronomical chance), I hope she doesn't hold it against me -- I'm going to see her show on July 3!

And yes, Christine's voice is the #1 reason why I love her so much as a singer!!! Not that I don't like Stevie's voice, but I'd say Christine's voice is more of a natural, God-given talent (for lack of a better term, LOL). Stevie's voice is more of an acquired taste, IMHO; you either like it or you don't. I do, but I know a lot of people who don't....

Andrea
They once asked Geddy Lee of Rush if he minded people bootlegging his demos and concerts and he said, "if people are buying that stuff it just means they've bought everything else."
Old 06-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Registered

Quote:

Andrea
Wow! Great minds think alike.... I like your style!

Please don't think I was referring to you when I mentioned the Stevie website...I think she takes herself a bit too seriously....but just MHO.

I started "collecting" the demo stuff about two years ago...I am such a "Johnnie-come-lately" and then a neophyte to boot. I was buying demos off of Ebay, until Ebay started cracking down on intellectual property...which I suppose they should...but I didn't know how else to get demos and outtakes...until I heard about trades ~~ and earlier this year about a cool place called the Ledge.

I like the demos and outtakes and sometimes I think they are better than what made the album. So...when people such as yourself *share* it makes us all happy....like when you were a kid, and someone broke that candy bar in half and offered you some...

(And as for the Stevie quote---half of the time I don't know what she's talking about...maybe that music WAS DONE and she overbaked it??? Heh, Heh, Heh)

In closing...I want to reiterate and admire what jbrownsjr posted:

"They once asked Geddy Lee of Rush if he minded people bootlegging his demos and concerts and he said, 'if people are buying that stuff it just means they've bought everything else.'"

BRAVO and well said.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:03 AM

I've never heard this... thank you!! great one
Old 06-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Ledgie

Tee Dee, jbrownsjr -- you both have said what I had been thinking all along, but I wasn't sure how to word it! I've bought all the FM albums (even the Peter Green-era ones), all of Stevie's albums, all of Christine's albums, all of Lindsey's albums..... (Whew! No wonder I'm in debt!!!) LOL And it's interesting to hear how these great songs came to be.... And if any of these demos and outtakes ever become commercially available, I'll buy those too!

Andrea
--Stevie Nicks, "Juliet"