User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
There is no way she would spend a year or more in California to record an entire album. However, they could release some sort of compilation/box set & maybe add a few newly recorded tracks as they did on the Chain box set. She might agree to come to L.A. or they even might agree to come to England for a very limited time. That's the only way I see anything happening.
what a good idea!

Or they could just do a few tracks and make them available for download.

Gail
Old 05-30-2007, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine wouldn't necessarily have to be in Los Angeles to record with the band. With computer recording and internet technologoy being what it is, she could easily record her parts in London and send them to the band over the internet.

As for the band not going to England, why not? The only person I see having an issue with that would be Lindsey, and I'm not sure how much of an issue that would really be for him.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Christine wouldn't necessarily have to be in Los Angeles to record with the band. With computer recording and internet technologoy being what it is, she could easily record her parts in London and send them to the band over the internet.

As for the band not going to England, why not? The only person I see having an issue with that would be Lindsey, and I'm not sure how much of an issue that would really be for him.
The technology certainly exists for that to work but would it feel like a band recording?

I'm really not sure that the collective will exists for any of this to happen. If it does then they'll find a way. But can any of them actually be bothered?

Gail
Old 05-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Lindsey does have small children, as does Mick. So maybe they wouldn't want to go to England. However, if it's just a few tracks, it shouldn't take too long.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is all so exciting and perplexing all at the same time. Exciting because having Christine come back to FM would be absolutely wonderful and perplexing because we don't really know the whole story and how each member really feels about all of this.

Oh to be a fly on a wall... I wonder if any serious negotiations have started at all. I mean if FM was to tour in late 2008, something of this magnitude takes time and some serious planning. Do they postpone the 2008 tour to hopefully record a new album with Christine? I would be more than okay with that. I agree that if Christine just performs a couple of shows and taped for a DVD, that would be awesome. The FM tour looks like it might be 2009 anyway with LB releasing that new album and who knows with Stevie if she will release another solo effort or not.

IMHO, I really only feel that there is one FM album left since time is ticking away. What better way to release your last album than with Christine coming back to FM as their swan song.

It just wasn't the same during the SYW tour with Goodbye Baby as the closer, it just seemed so unnatural. Nothing like Songbird as the closer to really end a great show.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Somebody has transcribbed the whole interview on the Stevie board.

"The lack of Christine is a big, hollow hole in my heart." she also called it a "boys club"

The mood she's in at the moment I can't see another FM being made because I can't see Christine wanting to.

I would love to see her back with FM but only if she really wants to. If it would give her pleasure and a bit of a laugh. the last thing anyone would want is her there out of some miss placed sense of duty or loyalty.

anyway she wont tour so I doubt if the others would wear that.

Interesting though

Gail
Old 06-04-2007, 05:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyMac View Post
The FM tour looks like it might be 2009 anyway with LB releasing that new album and who knows with Stevie if she will release another solo effort or not.

IMHO, I really only feel that there is one FM album left since time is ticking away. What better way to release your last album than with Christine coming back to FM as their swan song.

It just wasn't the same during the SYW tour with Goodbye Baby as the closer, it just seemed so unnatural. Nothing like Songbird as the closer to really end a great show.
If it's 2009 Christine will be 66. It would 12 years since she last toured. I really can't see it happening.

One more album is possible but not probable (unless Mick talks really nice to her )

Gail
Old 06-04-2007, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post

One more album is possible but not probable (unless Mick talks really nice to her )

Gail
And, unless the rest of the "boys club" agrees. I have a feeling that Stevie might be O.K. with Chris recording, but not touring. I remember she said in an interview before SYW was even started that Chris would have to record AND tour to be a part of the project due to the supposed problem of maybe having a hit single & not being able to perform it live. I'd be surprised if she still feels that way.

And, as you said, Chris may not even have any interest in recording with Fleetwood Mac anymore. In that Mojo Magazine interview a few years ago, she said that she thought that Fleetwood Mac had had its day & had made its best music.

Last edited by macfan 57; 06-04-2007 at 05:38 AM..
Old 06-04-2007, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And, unless the rest of the "boys club" agrees. I have a feeling that Stevie might be O.K. with Chris recording, but not touring. I remember she said in an interview before SYW was even started that Chris would have to record AND tour to be a part of the project due to the supposed problem of maybe having a hit single & not being able to perform it live. I'd be surprised if she still feels that way.

And, as you said, Chris may not even have any interest in recording with Fleetwood Mac anymore. In that Mojo Magazine interview a few years ago, she said that she thought that Fleetwood Mac had had its day & had made its best music.
Yes I remember Stevie saying that about the problem of having a hit single. to be quite honest though what are the realistic chances of FM having a hit single ever again?

I don't see the not touring bit as a problem and I never have. If Mick thinks that's the only way to get a FM record out it suddenly wont be a problem.

The problem is whether Christine would want to record with them again and I don't think she would.

Hope I'm wrong

Gail
Old 06-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes I remember Stevie saying that about the problem of having a hit single. to be quite honest though what are the realistic chances of FM having a hit single ever again?Gail
I honestly think if Chris recorded a studio album with them again, a hit--or possibly four--would emerge. It's that undeniable chemistry between all three songwriters and killer rhythm section that makes it work. Anytime one of them leaves, a real dimension is gone. (Though I wouldn't mind hearing a Chris-Lindsey album.)

And let's face it, which one of them knows how to write a hit? We know the answer. If "Friend" was on "Say You Will" it woould probably have charted very well.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In that Mojo Magazine interview a few years ago, she said that she thought that Fleetwood Mac had had its day & had made its best music.
Well, some of the music on Say You Will is among the band's best music! And ITM is a killer collection of songs and performances. I think she was being her usual doubting self. I think those five could still make incredible music if they could just--in the words of Janice--"get it together, man."
Old 06-05-2007, 03:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I honestly think if Chris recorded a studio album with them again, a hit--or possibly four--would emerge. It's that undeniable chemistry between all three songwriters and killer rhythm section that makes it work. Anytime one of them leaves, a real dimension is gone. (Though I wouldn't mind hearing a Chris-Lindsey album.)

And let's face it, which one of them knows how to write a hit? We know the answer. If "Friend" was on "Say You Will" it woould probably have charted very well.
there's no doubt that if anyone was going to write a hit single it would be our Christine. and I don't doubt the quality of her song writing. what I'm not sure of is whether they can still be seen as a "current" band.

If they tour again without a new album it will look very much like a bunch of old farts trotting out the greatist hits so they can pay their latest tax bill and get out from under their wives' feet.

I'd rather see a new album (with Christine of course) and no tour.

I seriously doubt if she would even consider recording again let alone touring.

Gail

Last edited by Gailh; 06-05-2007 at 03:18 AM..
Old 06-05-2007, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
If "Friend" was on "Say You Will" it woould probably have charted very well.
I agree. "Friend" did get on the AAA & Adult Contemporary charts, but if it had been on a Fleetwood Mac album, it most likely would have charted higher. Even if they had put the ITM version of "Friend" on SYW, it would have charted higher just because of the Fleetwood Mac name. I doubt most casual fans would have even realized that the entire FM hadn't played on the track. It sounds so much like a FM song anyway.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I seriously doubt if she would even consider recording again let alone touring.
I'll say it again. I think the only way she would agree to record with them again is if it's a short, limited type of thing, like just a few tracks. I don't think there's any way she'd ever agree to take a year or more out of her life to record an entire album with them. Why would she want to spend that much time as a referee between the inevitable Stevie/Lindsey battles?
Old 06-05-2007, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'll say it again. I think the only way she would agree to record with them again is if it's a short, limited type of thing, like just a few tracks. I don't think there's any way she'd ever agree to take a year or more out of her life to record an entire album with them. Why would she want to spend that much time as a referee between the inevitable Stevie/Lindsey battles?
I totally agree. She's got better things to do with her life now.

Gail