User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine mention in Stevie article part 2

I saw this on the Stevie board - I like to lurk there every now and then

"i was very pleasantly surprised at Borders today to see that Stevie is on the cover of the June 2007 'Performing Songwriter' magazine (Volume 14, Issue 102).

There's not quite as much typical Rumours-era rehash in the text, and Stevie, as ever, is quotable- most interesting to me is her assertion that she will not record with Fleetwood Mac again unless Christine re-joins, saying that "Absolutely not, not in this lifetime" will she make a new Fleetwood Mac cd without Christine. "Why? We already tried, and it did not work."

No pressure then Chris?

Some people seem to be of the opinion that this is just an excuse not to record with FM again or maybe she just needs her big sister there to protect her from the free flowing testosterone

Gail
Old 05-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, isn't that interesting; so Stevie agrees with me that FM recording without Christine ('Say You Will') "didn't work".

If Christine is retired, and Stevie won't record a FM album again without her, where does that leave Lindsey? He can't make a record with a rhythm section of Mick and John and call it "Fleetwood Mac"; the one consistency throughout all of FM's many lineup changes is that there has always been more than one lead singer/songwriter.

Maybe he could bring back Bob Welch and/or Jeremy Spencer.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post

"i was very pleasantly surprised at Borders today to see that Stevie is on the cover of the June 2007 'Performing Songwriter' magazine (Volume 14, Issue 102).

There's not quite as much typical Rumours-era rehash in the text, and Stevie, as ever, is quotable- most interesting to me is her assertion that she will not record with Fleetwood Mac again unless Christine re-joins, saying that "Absolutely not, not in this lifetime" will she make a new Fleetwood Mac cd without Christine. "Why? We already tried, and it did not work."

No pressure then Chris?

Some people seem to be of the opinion that this is just an excuse not to record with FM again or maybe she just needs her big sister there to protect her from the free flowing testosterone

Gail
This is interesting. She's talking about Chris in alot of these interviews. I LOVE it! I wonder if she's talked to Chris herself about this.

I don't think anyone in Fleetwood Mac ever talked about the Chris/Stevie/Lindsey dynamic before. I think Stevie considers Chris as sort of a buffer between her and Lindsey. I don't think it's an excuse not to record with Fleetwood Mac again. It sounds to me as if she genuinely misses Chris...that and the testosterone problem.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I saw this on the Stevie board - I like to lurk there every now and then.
Gail, what are you doing lurking on the Stevie board?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
This is interesting. She's talking about Chris in alot of these interviews. I LOVE it! I wonder if she's talked to Chris herself about this.

I don't think anyone in Fleetwood Mac ever talked about the Chris/Stevie/Lindsey dynamic before. I think Stevie considers Chris as sort of a buffer between her and Lindsey. I don't think it's an excuse not to record with Fleetwood Mac again. It sounds to me as if she genuinely misses Chris...that and the testosterone problem.
It's good this isn't it?

I agree that Stevie genuinely misses Chris and didn't enjoy the recording of SYW without her there.

It's interesting that the last interview before this one I didn't know whether Stevie meant touring or recording when she said she didn't want to do it without Chris. Now I know for sure.

Well, well. I wonder what effect this will have on Ms McVie and as you say I wonder if she's spoken to Chris herself.

Gail
Old 05-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Gail, what are you doing lurking on the Stevie board?
Just at the moment it's quite interesting reading the latest Stevie interviews because she's been mentioning Christine a lot.

I've been posting there today! Brave or what?

Gail
Old 05-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I've been posting there today! Brave or what?

Gail
Wow! Next thing you know, you'll be posting on the Lindsey board.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow! Next thing you know, you'll be posting on the Lindsey board.

I already did that last week!

The discussion about Carol Ann Harris' book was quite interesting.

Gail
Old 05-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

No pressure then Chris?

Gail
WOW! Stevie's going further than I thought with this I-miss-Chris thing. Maybe she and Stevie should do a duet record. McVie and Nicks.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and the testosterone problem.
Yeah, Lindsey too many "Come" songs, literally and figuratively.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Maybe she and Stevie should do a duet record. McVie and Nicks.
That's kind of what I was thinking when I read those quotes that Gail posted. Neither of these two ladies ever appeared on each other's solo records. I have no idea if Stevie is even thinking about recording a solo album. If she misses Chris that much, why not ask her to do a little something on her solo album, if she is thinking of recording an album? If Chris would be on a Stevie Nicks solo album, even I'd buy it then.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I already did that last week!

The discussion about Carol Ann Harris' book was quite interesting.

Gail
Oh no! Well, What's the world coming to.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only thing is that Stevie has set a trap for herself. What if she gets the band to the point where they agree to let Christine record with them again, and Christine says "thanks, but really, I'm done" to everybody? I think it's safe to say that we're all for Christine coming back. But is Christine ready to come back?

But, what would be the kicker is if Christine said "I'll come back, but Billy's coming with me or I'm pulling the plug on this motherf..."

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-30-2007, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The only thing is that Stevie has set a trap for herself. What if she gets the band to the point where they agree to let Christine record with them again, and Christine says "thanks, but really, I'm done" to everybody? I think it's safe to say that we're all for Christine coming back. But is Christine ready to come back?

But, what would be the kicker is if Christine said "I'll come back, but Billy's coming with me or I'm pulling the plug on this motherf..."
I don't think it necessarily follows that if asked Christine would come back.

I imagine her life is pretty settled now. she lives in a beautiful English village and has a fabulous flat in London, financially there's no reason to do it and she has other interests to keep her occupied. also she is nearly 64 years old and she doesn't like flying. I can't imagine she would want to spend a year in Los Angeles recording with FM. so that would mean they would have to come here. Unlikely.

When she made ITM there was no pressure from anybody (record company, other band members) they just worked at their own pace and sold the album when it was done. FM doesn't work like that. Maybe she doesn't want that kind of pressure again. she probably knows that if she agreed to record the pressure to tour would inevitably follow.

I can't see it happening but it's very interesting.

I'm not sure what Stevie's playing at - whether she's having a dig at Lindsey or trying to influence Christine. They're all so used to doing interviews unguarded comments would hardly just "slip out".

Gail

Last edited by Gailh; 05-30-2007 at 03:17 AM..
Old 05-30-2007, 05:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can't imagine she would want to spend a year in Los Angeles recording with FM. so that would mean they would have to come here. Unlikely.
There is no way she would spend a year or more in California to record an entire album. However, they could release some sort of compilation/box set & maybe add a few newly recorded tracks as they did on the Chain box set. She might agree to come to L.A. or they even might agree to come to England for a very limited time. That's the only way I see anything happening.