User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
LMAO!!!! joanne, i nominate you to produce the next album.
Nomination accepted. Now let me practice this.

"SHUT UP, LINDSEY."

"MORE KEYBOARDS on this track, please."

"Linds? Did you hear me say to be quiet? Where's the guitar tech? We need duct tape, quick, to make a muzzle for Lindsey."

"Okay, Chris, what was that again? You want to record eight of your songs, two of Stevie's, and two of Lindsey's? Very good; very fair."

"ROLL TAPE!"
Old 05-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i think i just died laughing!! crack that whip! i love it.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I agree, though I'm probably a bit more chartiable on both sides. I think there are some excellent moments on SYW. And, as everyone here knows, I am a HUGE fan of ITM. That said, you're right: those songwriters/perfomers flourish best in the company of one another.
her album is really good... especially Anything is Possible... but sometimes... it's just conservative.... and i know with a dash of LB and Stevie... or a young fresh producer... she would be really burnin it up...
Old 05-19-2007, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post

"SHUT UP, LINDSEY."

"Linds? Did you hear me say to be quiet? Where's the guitar tech? We need duct tape, quick, to make a muzzle for Lindsey."

"Okay, Chris, what was that again? You want to record eight of your songs, two of Stevie's, and two of Lindsey's? Very good; very fair."

"ROLL TAPE!"

That seems fair enough to me.

Gail
Old 05-19-2007, 05:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post

"SHUT UP, LINDSEY."

"ROLL TAPE!"
Yes, that sounds good to me.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
Yes, that sounds good to me.
haha. lol. give Sevie another song and thats fair.
but i do agree. Chris needs to come back. I really couldnt say that i loved either ITM or SYW...they do need each other for the 'Perfect' combination that is Fleetwood Mac.
I think it would be a waste of time for them to record another album without Chris there. God knows that all of the precessors where the 5 created the magic did better than the latest semi-disaster [RTTG, WTWCT, RR, and TD are the only 'gems' on SYW-IMO], but any mac album would be better than none...right?? [heck they did 90% of Tango without Stevie....]

anyways nicepace is a genius. i love her production ideas XD
Old 05-22-2007, 05:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislit18 View Post
but i do agree. Chris needs to come back. I really couldnt say that i loved either ITM or SYW...they do need each other for the 'Perfect' combination that is Fleetwood Mac.
I think it would be a waste of time for them to record another album without Chris there.
I loved ITM more so than her 1984 outing which seemed more like a Christine/Todd Sharp album to me.

I liked SYW but thought it was too long by about 15 - 20 minutes and IMO it lacked the balance that Christine brought to the band.

she wont tour again but I still hold out faint hope of some kind of participation on another FM album if they get to record another before they all get too old to care.

Gail
Old 05-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I loved ITM more so than her 1984 outing which seemed more like a Christine/Todd Sharp album to me.

I liked SYW but thought it was too long by about 15 - 20 minutes and IMO it lacked the balance that Christine brought to the band.
I totally agree with your points. Interestingly enough, SYW has about 12 great songs on it--6 from each writer. Not bad at all! The rest is a bit indulgent for me. However, 6 Christine tunes would have been awesome.

Still, I'm glad to have gotten 12 Chris songs on ITM instead...
Old 05-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Still, I'm glad to have gotten 12 Chris songs on ITM instead...
That was my preference. I'd rather have 12 Chris songs instead of just 6 Chris songs, even if those 12 songs aren't with Fleetwood Mac, especially since she hadn't made a solo album in 20 years & she had talked about making another solo album since the late 1980's.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That was my preference. I'd rather have 12 Chris songs instead of just 6 Chris songs, even if those 12 songs aren't with Fleetwood Mac, especially since she hadn't made a solo album in 20 years & she had talked about making another solo album since the late 1980's.
If I thought she would have carried on working I would have preferred 6 Christine songs on an FM album. BUT as ITM is probably the last album she will make (I cant believe I just said that) then 12 on a solo is the better option.

Gail
Old 05-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"First of all, I had always toured with another woman in the band. That was really fun for me because I had a girl to hang out with."

So Sharon is a man??? I KNEW IT!

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I think something is up. I'm not suggesting there's a chance in hell of Christine touring, but why would Stevie even bring the subject up? I guess she didn't catch any of the IMT interviews. On the one I saw on VH-1 Classic, Christine looked like she was either going to vomit or have a stroke when asked if she was going to tour. But, that was four years ago. Maybe Chris is bored. I know she said she didn't like it, but then again, she did it for so long that it has to be in her blood. A 180 date tour is out of the question, but a 40 date tour would give her a fix and buy mama a new swimming pool.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-26-2007, 04:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
[I]
Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I think something is up. I'm not suggesting there's a chance in hell of Christine touring, but why would Stevie even bring the subject up? I guess she didn't catch any of the IMT interviews. On the one I saw on VH-1 Classic, Christine looked like she was either going to vomit or have a stroke when asked if she was going to tour. But, that was four years ago. Maybe Chris is bored. I know she said she didn't like it, but then again, she did it for so long that it has to be in her blood. A 180 date tour is out of the question, but a 40 date tour would give her a fix and buy mama a new swimming pool.
I can't see that she has any motivation to tour. She certainly doesn't need the money and she hasn't played live for 10 years.

I really can't see it happening.

Now some studio work .... that would be a different matter.

Gail
Old 05-26-2007, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I can't see that she has any motivation to tour. She certainly doesn't need the money and she hasn't played live for 10 years.

I really can't see it happening.

Now some studio work .... that would be a different matter.

Gail
Of course, I agree. She mentioned several times in her ITM interviews how much she had enjoyed recording ITM, how much fun it was. I think she still loves that part of the process. As for touring, it's never going to happen. When they played in England back in 2003, she didn't even want to join them onstage for just one song. It just doesn't make sense that they told her she couldn't record with them if she didn't want to tour. Who cares? They worked around Stevie's absence in the studio during the Tango period. Why not accomodate Chris this time?
Old 05-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It just doesn't make sense that they told her she couldn't record with them if she didn't want to tour. Who cares? They worked around Stevie's absence in the studio during the Tango period. Why not accomodate Chris this time?
Absolutely.

I love John to bits but his comment about her not recording if she wasn't prepared to "work" the album was total crap IMO.

If she has participated fully in SYW she would have had 6 songs. So only 6 more songs to add to the dozens of others of hers they weren't going to play live. As you say who cares?

If FM ever record again and Christine wants to take part then she should be able to state the conditions and the others all say "yes Chris". Judging by Stevie's recent comments about Christine I imagine they're all pretty used to that

Gail
Old 05-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry, but I've never been under the impression that Christine really wanted to be a part of the SYW process. We've all read and seen the same things over the years. What I came away with is that Christine offered her services to the band, but under a sense of obligation to the band, not a strong desire to work with the band again. I think the only one who might have liked the fact Christine wasn't there was Lindsey, and even then it was more because it let him do things he probably wouldn't have been able to do if she had been there. The others, AT BEST, only appeared to be resigned to the fact she was not there.

Christine has talked A LOT about the pressures that would have been on her had she been a part of that process. The bottom line is that the others went in on SYW under the assumption that they were going to be a working band, which is hard to do if one of the members is semi-retired. It was weird during the "Time" days, and it would have been weird here, too. To put it another way, how is it fair to Mick, John, Lindsey, and Stevie to be giving 100% to the project, but Christine only 50%?

THE Stephen Hopkins