Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Ledgie

Default A constant inspiration!!

God, Lord knows how I love the great Christine McVie!! I have been listening to my Christine albums lately and I have finally decided to invest in a record player. I was listening to the self titled album and thought I would love to hear this album on LP. I used to listen to LP's about 10 years ago and Christine has inspired me to listen to them again. I have recently bought a record player and the self titled album and ready to buy more of Christine's LP's. I had totally forgotten the sound of LP's which I just love. I love the cracking sound on a record, there is just something so magical about listening to a record rather than a CD sometimes. I'm waiting for my LP to arrive to listen to that awesome album. I wish 'In the meantime' came out on LP!! hahaha

Oh and I'm gonna post my holiday pics soon, sorry for the delay. I decided I'm gonna put them on myspace rather than post on here. Easier that way. I hope you enjoy them!

Hope my fellow Christine fans are doing well!

"I do like my wine" - Christine McVie
Check out Myspace
Old 03-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a Christine McVie picture disc. That is all.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have 3 copies of the Christine Perfect album on vinyl, one of which is the original U.K. release. I also have 2 copies of her 1984 self titled release. And, I have 7 singles(45's) and a 12 inch single.

I love how vinyl sounds(the snap, crackle & pop). But, I love the large packaging even more. These tiny CD booklets just aren't the same as those old, large, beautiful album covers.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post

But, I love the large packaging even more. These tiny CD booklets just aren't the same as those old, large, beautiful album covers.
I used love the Penguin and Mystery to Me albums for that very reason.

Great big photos - fantastic

Gail
Old 03-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I used love the Penguin and Mystery to Me albums for that very reason.

Great big photos - fantastic

Gail
And, don't forget Christine's Kiln House cover. The tiny little CD cover doesn't do that one justice.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And, don't forget Christine's Kiln House cover. The tiny little CD cover doesn't do that one justice.
And remember the old picture booklet that came with the Kiln House album?
It was a nice little fold-out with pics of the band recording in the converted barn. There are even one or two of Christine...
Old 03-24-2007, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
And remember the old picture booklet that came with the Kiln House album?
It was a nice little fold-out with pics of the band recording in the converted barn. There are even one or two of Christine...
I don't have a picture booklet with my Kiln House LP.

aleuzzi, do you still have that picture booklet. If you do, could you post the picture(s) of Christine?
Old 03-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't have a picture booklet with my Kiln House LP.

aleuzzi, do you still have that picture booklet. If you do, could you post the picture(s) of Christine?
MacFan, I wish I still did! I got that booklet in my Kiln House LP back in 1982. I was 12 then and thought it'd be cool to cut up the pictures and hang them in my locker at school. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

I remember that the front of the booklet was simple: a black page with a small b&w picture of a penguin on it. It opened up to a foursquare spread of the four members of the band on one side and a collage of various pics on the other. Christine was in two pictures--one where she's next to, I think, Jenny Fleetwood and a baby carriage. The other, if I remember rightly, she's with John.

I always wondered why the Kiln House cd repackaging didn't include the photos...

Last edited by aleuzzi; 03-24-2007 at 04:28 PM..
Old 03-25-2007, 05:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
MacFan, I wish I still did! I got that booklet in my Kiln House LP back in 1982. I was 12 then and thought it'd be cool to cut up the pictures and hang them in my locker at school. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

I remember that the front of the booklet was simple: a black page with a small b&w picture of a penguin on it. It opened up to a foursquare spread of the four members of the band on one side and a collage of various pics on the other. Christine was in two pictures--one where she's next to, I think, Jenny Fleetwood and a baby carriage. The other, if I remember rightly, she's with John.

I always wondered why the Kiln House cd repackaging didn't include the photos...
Well at least you have an excuse for cutting up those pictures...you were only 12.

I might have to check out eBay again & this time ask any seller who is listing it whether there is a booklet with the album. That would have been great to include with the CD release. Maybe it will be, if Kiln House is ever re-issued.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:44 PM
takenbythesky
This message has been deleted by takenbythesky.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by takenbythesky View Post
The booklet actually comes in more than one color. Mine is black, but I remember seeing blue-green and orange at a record shop too. These scans are a little wonky because it's difficult to fit the LP insert onto the scanner. It might have been easier to just snap a few pictures. If anyone wants better-quality images I can get those up sometime this week.

Wow! Those pictures are great. You saved me a few bucks on eBay.

Is that Chris sitting on a bench with another girl with a baby(maybe Jeremy Spencer's wife)? If it is & if you get a chance, could you get a better quality image of just that picture?

Thanks so much again!
Old 03-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've had a copy of 'Kiln House' on vinyl for a VERY long time (since probably the mid 1970s) but mine doesn't have the insert. I probably bought it in a used record store in the first place. When I purchased it the record had already been out for a few years. I wish I had that insert; it looks very cool.

I completely agree with the other posters that the SIZE of the vinyl record cover was a HUGE advantage over those tiny little microscopic CDs. I would spend hours just looking at the pictures while I listened to my records.

I'm really happy that a lot of young bands actually are putting their music out on vinyl these days. A young (17 year old) cousin of mine is very much into buying vinyl. I agree with Ian -- I would buy In the Meantime on vinyl if it had been available that way! I also maintain that a music fan should have a turntable; just because music is coming out on CDs these days, it doesn't mean that the millions of records pressed during vinyl's heyday have disappeared. You can still buy 'em and play 'em -- if you have the equipment!
Old 04-09-2007, 10:43 AM
takenbythesky
This message has been deleted by takenbythesky.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by takenbythesky View Post
Here's a better quality version of that Christine photo. (This site did things differently...click to see the full size version.)

That's great! Thank you so much.