User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Has Stevie's artistic legacy come down to this, then?

"The face that launched a thousand shags"

And you mean "shag" how??

Michele
Old 03-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
"We're just talking and kinda dreaming about what we could do, collaboration-wise. Could we tour? Could we collaborate in a recording studio?" she says.
This alone is the best FM-related news I've heard in half a decade. There is now at least the slightest possibility of a new album, whereas before it was surely a 0% possibility. Anyway, with all of this touring going on, when are they going to find time in their schedules to get together and actually hash this out??
Old 03-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

God, you are so spot on with my sentiments about Sheryl Crow and this whole situation. I love her and respect her talent but you hit on one of my beefs about her: she's a musical whore of sorts, and the "jock sniffing" reference is quite accurate...and creative! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nh View Post
I Think this is compleate b.s.
Sheryl Crow is nothing more then someone that can't help to thrust herself in the spotlight at someone else's expense and talent. Years ago you saw her pop up at every music benifit there was. Not doing her own set but she has put herself onstage with everyone from the allman brothers band to the rolling stones. I love stevie but think about how much
different tisl would have sounded if sheryl crow's ''influince'' was not all over it. Now she is
''joining'' fleetwood mac? no no no she is ''jock sniffing'' fleetwood mac. Mick and john please
don't let this happen. I really don't want the final chapter of this great band written this way. the band don't deserve it..the fans don't deserve it..and history don't deserve it
I can see the set meeting already

ok we need to bump rhiannon for my favorite mistake
i'm so afraid to be replaced with soak up the sun
all i wanna do replaces stand back

how much worse can this get?? oops we were gonna bring back storms but we are doing a sheryl song instead.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's hope this is Stevies newest way of kicking Lindsey out.
"I want a new girlfriend in my band. Go f*ck yourself and your boutique albums, I know a girl that really wants ME to shine in Fleetwood Mac and she sells 10000ths more albums than you do, so Mick doesn't want you anymore either and John doesn't give a **** as long as he's on stage playing bass and HA, everybody will accept my lyrics like they are, and nobody will ever again think it's me you're singing about in Come."

Old 03-22-2008, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
This alone is the best FM-related news I've heard in half a decade. There is now at least the slightest possibility of a new album, whereas before it was surely a 0% possibility. Anyway, with all of this touring going on, when are they going to find time in their schedules to get together and actually hash this out??
EXACALLY. NO-MORE-FREEKIN touring for NO aparent reason. New music now please.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
EXACALLY. NO-MORE-FREEKIN touring for NO aparent reason. New music now please.
oh there was an apparent reason and it is called money honey.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ Yeah, no joke.

As far as an album goes, it better be good, or I'll be pissed. I don't want a halfass album of radio friendly pop bullcrap just so they can say they have a new album and a "reason" to tour. I'd take a moneygrubbing greatest hits tour over bastardizing the sanctity of the FM catalog any day. Some people may have a problem with SYW, whatever... but I guarantee SYW would be a better place to end the line of Mac albums than the FM equivalent of Stevie's TISL. Barf!

I can be okay with Sheryl on the bill. I can learn to deal with a SMALL amount of studio collaboration on Stevie's songs only (primarily because I won't listen to those anyway har har har). But keep her off my entire FM rekkit please and thank you. -_-

Last edited by Sarah; 03-22-2008 at 06:01 AM..
Old 03-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't read this whole thread but I assume most people are not happy if this were to happen? Personally I love FM and I love Sheryl so I think it would be great
Old 03-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I'd take a moneygrubbing greatest hits tour over bastardizing the sanctity of the FM catalog any day.
Um... does Time ring a bell?
Old 03-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Um... does Time ring a bell?
There are plenty of people who like Time. It's not my favorite, but whatever... that's not the point. Time is not the LAST Fleetwood Mac album. We would be lucky to get ONE more studio album out of this band, seriously. If it sucks, that's the last FM album ever done... ending a huge band with a huge history on a low note. Retrospect would not be kind to them at all. I can hear it now... "influential start in the British blues scene... hit their heyday with sunny 70s California pop... held on through personal disasters in the 80s.. a triumphant return in the 90s... fell off to sell out in the 2000s.." History would make it sound like all of the good **** they've done for the last 40 years was all for nothing, thanks to a crapsack of a last album. Hey, it's not a guaranteed thing that an album with Sheryl WOULD be horrific, but the risk is so high. Not worth it. Not for me, thanks!

Last edited by Sarah; 03-22-2008 at 12:53 PM..
Old 03-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
There are plenty of people who like Time. It's not my favorite, but whatever... that's not the point. Time is not the LAST Fleetwood Mac album. We would be lucky to get ONE more studio album out of this band, seriously. If it sucks, that's the last FM album ever done... ending a huge band with a huge history on a low note. Retrospect would not be kind to them at all. I can hear it now... "influential start in the British blues scene... hit their heyday with sunny 70s California pop... held on through personal disasters in the 80s.. a triumphant return in the 90s... fell off to sell out in the 2000s.." History would make it sound like all of the good **** they've done for the last 40 years was all for nothing, thanks to a crapsack of a last album. Hey, it's not a guaranteed thing that an album with Sheryl WOULD be horrific, but the risk is so high. Not worth it. Not for me, thanks!
Honestly, I can't think of a studio album since "Tusk" that would really qualify as being great or worthy of the band going out on. Mirage, Tango, Mask, Time, and SYW all fall short -PAINFULLY short- of rising to that occasion. And, I have a hard time with people talking about this whole notion of "40 years" or whatever. Considering that the band didn't do ANYTHING 17 of those 40 years really minimizes the significance of the occasion.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Steve, who is that in your sig pic? I recognize Liberty Lunch (may it RIP).
Old 03-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Steve, who is that in your sig pic? I recognize Liberty Lunch (may it RIP).
Guided By Voices

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Rumours (Ha) of New Fleetwood Reunion

Well, I suppose you should start saving now (that is, of course, only if you get off on seeing once great bands reunite to play just-barely acceptable versions of their awesome old songs to a depressingly aged audience trying to recapture their youth), because this ****’s gonna be expensive. Fleetwood Mac is talking about playing some shows in the first half of 2009, possibly with new material (ew) and possibly without. There’s talk of Sheryl Crow joining the band to replace Christine McVie, who peaced out a bunch of years ago. Although, it would seem Crow thinks this is more definite than Lindsey Buckingham does: When he heard that she was talking to the press about it, he was all, like, “Whaaaa? She’s crazy… We ain’t decided **** yet.” So stupid, her. I’m gonna go and listen to “Second Hand News” now.

http://crawdaddy.wolfgangsvault.com/...e.aspx?id=6438

==========================================================================================

This article was obviously written by a very young person. I laughed when I read he said "ew" about getting new music from FM.

Last edited by vivfox; 04-02-2008 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: love's a state of mind
Old 04-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't mean to be rude or to come off as condescending. However, the Sheryl Crow matter comes down to this for me:

Lindsey is a genius.

Stevie is a genius.

Christine is a genius.

Sherly Crow is not a genius.