Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-06-2023, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Miller View Post
Jeremy Gloff and the crew including me are going to cover Buckingham Nicks on Jeremy’s Phonogenics 101 next week. I will post the link when it becomes available.
Thank you Jeremy and friends. Looking forward to it.
Old 09-06-2023, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I love Billy and would never disrespect him but if he was somehow able to get his two early 80s albums released on CD and digital for the first time recently, there's no excuse why the same couldn't happen for Buckingham Nicks.
Or Behind the Mask, for that matter!
Old 09-07-2023, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The only thing that could sell is a deluxe box.

Other than that, there’s really no point. The music is available on the internet. It would be nice to have a proper digital version, but they missed there chance.

I think the idea floated of turning The Dance tour into a Buckingham Nicks 25th Anniversary reissue tour would have been the way to go. Swap out Christine with Waddy.
It soooo freaks me out that The Dance is now 26 years ago.....
Old 09-07-2023, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The only thing that could sell is a deluxe box.

Other than that, there’s really no point. The music is available on the internet. It would be nice to have a proper digital version, but they missed there chance.

I think the idea floated of turning The Dance tour into a Buckingham Nicks 25th Anniversary reissue tour would have been the way to go. Swap out Christine with Waddy.
Everything was in place. The touring “machine” was well oiled and their star power was at its peak. The two of them were basically being featured as the stars of the show throughout 1997 with that Landslide BS and of course, Silver Springs. Seriously, just eliminate all of Chris’s songs sans Don’t Stop from the set, turf The Farmer’s Daughter, drop one of Lindsey’s new songs, add in a mini set of Crying in the Night/Don’t Let Me Down Again/Crystal/Stephanie/Long Distance Winner, and toss in Frozen Love as the first song of the encore before Don’t Stop. Just keep billing it as Fleetwood Mac and pump the rerelease of Buckingham Nicks in tandem. It made all the sense!

I’m with you Steve, I really don’t think there’s a point anymore. It may happen some day but from a business sense, the ship sailed long ago.
Old 09-07-2023, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Or Behind the Mask, for that matter!
I would love to see one of these early shows. It was soooo good.
Old 09-07-2023, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I would love to see one of these early shows. It was soooo good.
It was so nice to see Stevie's 30th anniversary post for BTM; we know she's very proud of that album
Old 09-07-2023, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
It was so nice to see Stevie's 30th anniversary post for BTM; we know she's very proud of that album
She wasn't even there a bunch of that recording. Did she really have her team post something about it?
Old 09-07-2023, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She wasn't even there a bunch of that recording. Did she really have her team post something about it?
No. I think she was posting about Harry Styles' Fine Line album around that time. Saying it was his Rumours and that he inspired her to write new music... here we are... 3 years later
Old 09-07-2023, 10:40 PM

Quote:
No. I think she was posting about Harry Styles' Fine Line album around that time. Saying it was his Rumours and that he inspired her to write new music... here we are... 3 years later
This whole occurrence reminds me of Christine McVie.
Old 09-08-2023, 04:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
It was the second time she did that
she never looked back
Old 09-08-2023, 06:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
It was the second time she did that
she never looked back
Again that song makes me want to close all my shades, lay in bed with Ben and Jerry's... but I would have loved to have heard that live instead of Storms in 2018 just to have a different song from Stevie's catalogue which she did for every tour from The Dance until 2018 (Sweet Girl/Silver Springs, Beautiful Child/Sara, Storms(2009), Sisters/Without You, and Seven Wonders)
Old 09-08-2023, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Again that song makes me want to close all my shades, lay in bed with Ben and Jerry's... but I would have loved to have heard that live instead of Storms in 2018 just to have a different song from Stevie's catalogue which she did for every tour from The Dance until 2018 (Sweet Girl/Silver Springs, Beautiful Child/Sara, Storms(2009), Sisters/Without You, and Seven Wonders)
In 2018 she just created a new catalog! Black Magic Woman. Free Fallin. And her amazing duets on Don’t Dream It’s Over and All Over Again.
Old 09-08-2023, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They've had no issue selling how many reissues of Rumours, I highly doubt an official release of Buckingham Nicks wouldn't sell. That's my two cents!
Old 09-08-2023, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
They've had no issue selling how many reissues of Rumours, I highly doubt an official release of Buckingham Nicks wouldn't sell. That's my two cents!
I guess Buckingham Nicks wouldn't sell a third of what Rumours reissues sell. But that wouldn't be a reason to not release it. The point is wether it sells enough more than break even. Vinyls and CDs sure mean a considerable cost. Digital would be cheaper I guess.
Old 09-08-2023, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
In 2018 she just created a new catalog! Black Magic Woman. Free Fallin. And her amazing duets on Don’t Dream It’s Over and All Over Again.
Jim, please forgive my Hackney Diamonds! I totally forgot she sang all of those songs that she was on the album recordings of. And my favorite song of hers, I Got You, with truly mind blowing footage of Boris Karloff and Elsa Lancaster.
We are so unworthy of the excellent live album of that 2018 tour they gifted to us fans!