The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

John McVie (sat across the aisle from him at a Walter Egan show at the Roxy in Hollywood back in '78 or '79, but other than a recognizing nod, didn't communicate with him)
Jeremy Spencer
Billy Burnette
Danny Kirwan
Dave Mason

and
Ken Caillat (who also was pretty much a band member in the studio)

Sadly, I will never get a chance to meet Bob Weston, Bob Brunning or Judy Wong (who was pretty much a part of the band, I think)

I've already met:
Peter Green
Rick Vito
Bob Welch
Christine
Mick
Stevie
Lindsey

as well as,
Richard Dashut
Sara Fleetwood (when she was still married to Mick)
Old 12-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd love to meet and hang out with all of them but...

Stevie: would she really be a good person to converse with? It would be great to listen to her for a bit but I'm pretty sure she'd drive me a bit mental after a while. I'm guessing there'd be a lot of one way conversation going on.

Lindsey: I'd be fascinated to speak with him but he's not exactly the most fluent of conversationalists.

Mick: he's probably the one I could envisage hanging out with the most. I agree with the comments about Mick being down to Earth. I've heard stories about him extending meet & greets, going out of his way to have extra photos taken with punters etc etc. I think he just really likes people and likes spending time talking about the band with fans. Despite his deficiencies I think he's a good bloke at heart.

John: unfortunately (or fortunately?) he's on the wagon. Otherwise he'd be the one I'd most like to hang out with in a bar for a few hours. Would love to have a beer with him and a chat about 'the old days'.

Christine: after the bar closes I'd love to be in an after hours lock-in with Christine. Christine at the piano while a few more of us had a good sing-song. Heaven.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie duh

but i would be friends with Christine I think coz we're both water signs
she could be all british and i would be all aussie and we'd drink tea and shots all day
Old 12-02-2014, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course Stevie. She would be hilarious...her stories, the gossip, who she loves, who she hates, her favorite celebs. The music she loves, the music she hates, her contemporaries, her music, her favorite movies (she loves Game of Thrones!)...she would be a blast. I would just have to be famous for her to give me one second of attention.

I think Lindsey would be completely fine if you talk about music and his interests and just have a normal conversation. But he'd be more reserved than Stevie, that's for sure.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Of course Stevie. She would be hilarious...her stories, the gossip, who she loves, who she hates, her favorite celebs. The music she loves, the music she hates, her contemporaries, her music, her favorite movies (she loves Game of Thrones!)...she would be a blast. I would just have to be famous for her to give me one second of attention.

I think Lindsey would be completely fine if you talk about music and his interests and just have a normal conversation. But he'd be more reserved than Stevie, that's for sure.
That's for sure!She would've been #1 on my list a couple of years ago but lately she's not very likeable IMO
Old 12-02-2014, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did anyone actually read the title of this thread? ��

Last edited by Wdm6789; 12-03-2014 at 05:49 AM..
Old 12-02-2014, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine.

I would love to have the opportunity to hang with her.

Stevie would be fun, too.

I'd love to sit with Danny Kirwan, for what it's worth.

And I have no doubt Bob Weston would have been a real kick to have a beer with.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
I would just have to be famous for her to give me one second of attention.
I know right? She has no time for us simple folk She's the one I'd most like to meet though. I have so many things I'd want to ask her. Second would probably be Christine, I think she'd be a real hoot to hang out with.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey, definitely. He's one of my most serious musical inspirations, and it's a good idea to share a good time with him. Of course I'll show him my own performances of some of his OOTC songs!! I know he will laugh for a long time...
Regards!
Old 12-07-2014, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a feeling Lindsey and Stevie would be sort of hard to get along with. Not in a negative way, just that they're very different. I would say Christine because we could just drink wine and chat and it would be fabulous.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would be honored to meet them all, but I would say Stevie. I've felt very connected to her since I was 13/14 years old and I think we would get along well. We both have a lot in common and I think we would have interesting conversations. It does seem that she can go on and on in a conversation, but I'm actually great with people like that because I'm a good listener lol. Furthermore, I just happen to enjoy listening to her speak.
Old 09-16-2023, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
which Mac member would you most like to meet?I don't mean just a Meet and Greet,but like, who do you think you could easily become friends with based on what their personalities seem to be,and why?

I'll start - Christine b/c she seems to be so down to earth and neighborlike,and she has a raucious sense of humor,and curses like a sailor(from what I've read).Also I LOVE British accents!
It's weird why I didn't post in this thread. I don't even remember this.

At first I'd say Christine, too. But on second thoughts I'd choose John. Even though he seems like the quietest member, at the same time I see him as the most accessible and probably aligned to my personality. My fantasy would be a friendship born casually, through a shared hobby or frequenting the same place, like a bar, a a park, etc.

From the Post Rumours lineup, I'd choose Rick Vito. And from the early years I don't have a preferred member for a friendship, but I guess I'd choose Peter Green, though definitely before he was affected by any LSD experience.