The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Naww, thanks guys for the support! This is why I love the Ledge.
Honestly, I have no concept of dating/flirting what so ever. Most of the time, i'll meet a mutual friend on Facebook - and if there is any amount of flirting I think they're still interested. I think I just need to wait.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
Naww, thanks guys for the support! This is why I love the Ledge.
Honestly, I have no concept of dating/flirting what so ever. Most of the time, i'll meet a mutual friend on Facebook - and if there is any amount of flirting I think they're still interested. I think I just need to wait.
Tehe, I can relate BIG TIME. I'm so awkward it's ridiculous. Someone gives me a complement/begins to flirt and I just go blank and start rambling xD

You don't want to watch me flirt, it's embarrassing to even see
Old 01-26-2012, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Love sucks. Everyone seems to find it except me. Then, when I think I find it of course it doesn't work out.
I'm 49 and I feel the same way. I felt this way at your age too. When I was a teenager and heard Stevie sing, "dreams unwind, love is hard to find," I knew right then and there it would be almost impossible for me to find love. I felt that if a hottie like her thought it was hard then I was totally doomed. And I have been totally doomed. I've about given up completely. Luckily the rest of my life is going blissfully well, but in the love department; forget it.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

*thank god I have Tori Amos*

Bahaha, she's the best 'coming of age' and 'self realization' artist out there.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Its just that everyone at my age (i'm almost 17 now ) seems to have a girlfriend or a boyfriend or a this and a that. Look, i'm happy with myself for being different and I certainly know that hinders my chances on finding someone.
When I turned 17..I broke up with my boyfriend after us dating for 2 years...I've been single since 2 years ago when I started dating Ashley...so I was like 19...in between I went a few dates with some guys but they were losers...well actually one was a winner..but he was taking things too fast for me at the time.

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 01-27-2012, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I dont know where to post this but I found this on youtube.Its a clip from TimeLife cd collection. from the 70's..They showed the FM Dreams clip a couple of times.As I was thinking.It would be nice that Stevie and Jim Ladd host a TimeLife Infomercial about a 1980's Ladies of rock collection.On this clip they have the guys from Airsuppy hosting the show with a lady.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-27-2012, 02:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Love sucks. Everyone seems to find it except me. Then, when I think I find it of course it doesn't work out.
Same here. Le sigh...
Old 01-27-2012, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
Same here. Le sigh...
Le sigh, indeed.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
JTIS...

That I had a VERY traumatic experience today at work...My aunt was leaving work and some lady came up to her and said they saw a cat get hit by a car and the cat walked to the Rectory's door and laid down and passed away ='(

So my aunt called me and told me...so I ran down the hall and told Judy(co-worker) and we went to the front door and looked out the window and saw the poor cat dead. Judy and I didnt know what to do so she called the police and they tried to call animal control but they didnt answer so they left a message. Then, the police told us to move the cat over if we could and put a trash bag over it.

No one wanted to move the cat, but it needed to be moved since it was laying in the middle of the walkway at the front door. So I volunteered to move the cat. So I went to the kitchen and grabbed some gloves and a trash bag...cut the trash bag in half because I didnt want to put him IN the bag. I went outside and pet the cat and put my hand on his stomach to make sure he was really gone. His eyes were open and it was creeping me out..so I tried to close them but they wouldnt stay shut =\

I was wicked scared to pick him up. So I was telling myself "caitlin you wanted to be a vet you can do this..." so I picked him up and laid him on the trash bag nicely..like he was taking a nap and folded the rest of the trash bag over him. Then, grabbed a phone book to put on the edge of the trash bag so it wouldnt blow over(couldnt find a rock anywhere!!)...

I was fine for awhile because I was mostly in SHOCK that I did this...then before I left work I checked to see if animal control got him and they did..and it made me sad and happy..I didnt want him outside in the rain and snow(even tho he is dead)..So Ashley called me and was BALLING my eyes to her.

My aunt texted me and said "You will meet him again in heaven one day and he will say 'she is the one who laid me down with respect' " and that just gets me everytime...I love animals SO much and pains me to see them dead on the road and stuff...

P.S. please dont tell me what animal control does to the dead animals...
That took a lot of strength.

I remember feeling sad when I had to put my cat down. My mother stood in the corner and cried while they did the procedure, and I just stood by the table he was laying on and rubbed his head even after he was already gone. Animals shouldn't have to die like that...

After he was gone and I stopped petting him, the vet took him away, and they sent us his ashes in a small hand carved wooden box. They printed his name on a gold bar thingy that I ended up putting on the box. They also gave us a clay plate thing with his paw prints and his name on it. I'm glad to have a part of him still.

I'm sure that the cat you showed so much respect for appreciated what you did.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
JTIS...

That I had a VERY traumatic experience today at work...My aunt was leaving work and some lady came up to her and said they saw a cat get hit by a car and the cat walked to the Rectory's door and laid down and passed away ='(

So my aunt called me and told me...so I ran down the hall and told Judy(co-worker) and we went to the front door and looked out the window and saw the poor cat dead. Judy and I didnt know what to do so she called the police and they tried to call animal control but they didnt answer so they left a message. Then, the police told us to move the cat over if we could and put a trash bag over it.

No one wanted to move the cat, but it needed to be moved since it was laying in the middle of the walkway at the front door. So I volunteered to move the cat. So I went to the kitchen and grabbed some gloves and a trash bag...cut the trash bag in half because I didnt want to put him IN the bag. I went outside and pet the cat and put my hand on his stomach to make sure he was really gone. His eyes were open and it was creeping me out..so I tried to close them but they wouldnt stay shut =\

I was wicked scared to pick him up. So I was telling myself "caitlin you wanted to be a vet you can do this..." so I picked him up and laid him on the trash bag nicely..like he was taking a nap and folded the rest of the trash bag over him. Then, grabbed a phone book to put on the edge of the trash bag so it wouldnt blow over(couldnt find a rock anywhere!!)...

I was fine for awhile because I was mostly in SHOCK that I did this...then before I left work I checked to see if animal control got him and they did..and it made me sad and happy..I didnt want him outside in the rain and snow(even tho he is dead)..So Ashley called me and was BALLING my eyes to her.

My aunt texted me and said "You will meet him again in heaven one day and he will say 'she is the one who laid me down with respect' " and that just gets me everytime...I love animals SO much and pains me to see them dead on the road and stuff...

P.S. please dont tell me what animal control does to the dead animals...
Thank you so much for treating that Cat with the dignity he deserved. I'm sure up in Kitty heaven he's very grateful to you for being there with him and showing him kindness. It's awful to think, but not many people would have done what you did. I work at a Cat Sanctuary, and unfortunately losing an animal never gets easier. You'd think it would be Kittens that got to me more. But no. It's the elderly Cats who have spent so long there. And they get so sick and enfeebled that they need to be put to sleep. They've known suffering for so long in their life and a Sanctuary is their final home. That hurts. And yep. I do have tears in my eyes when I type that. They're at least lucky enough that my boss opened her home for them all to at least be able to have full bellies, social interaction and shelter, even if not that human they deserve to have.

Quote:
Its just that everyone at my age (i'm almost 17 now ) seems to have a girlfriend or a boyfriend or a this and a that. Look, i'm happy with myself for being different and I certainly know that hinders my chances on finding someone.
I'm 23. I've never even been kissed. Be thankful you're not me. At this point in my life I've given up on the idea that a man would have any reason to look at me twice, never mind find a reason to like me like that. There's so many pretty, intelligent, funny, charismatic and damn close to perfect women out there. I'm no competition.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

On a lighter note, here is a recent conversation I had with my beautiful mother!

(listening to The Carpenters)
Me: Isn't it sad, about Karen Carpenter?
Mum: Oh yeah, didn't she choke on a ham sandwich?
Me: *ugh* That's Mama Cass, Karen Carpenter died of Anorexia
Mum: She definitely wouldn't be eating a ham sandwich
Old 01-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Thank you so much for treating that Cat with the dignity he deserved. I'm sure up in Kitty heaven he's very grateful to you for being there with him and showing him kindness. It's awful to think, but not many people would have done what you did. I work at a Cat Sanctuary, and unfortunately losing an animal never gets easier. You'd think it would be Kittens that got to me more. But no. It's the elderly Cats who have spent so long there. And they get so sick and enfeebled that they need to be put to sleep. They've known suffering for so long in their life and a Sanctuary is their final home. That hurts. And yep. I do have tears in my eyes when I type that. They're at least lucky enough that my boss opened her home for them all to at least be able to have full bellies, social interaction and shelter, even if not that human they deserve to have.

I'm 23. I've never even been kissed. Be thankful you're not me. At this point in my life I've given up on the idea that a man would have any reason to look at me twice, never mind find a reason to like me like that. There's so many pretty, intelligent, funny, charismatic and damn close to perfect women out there. I'm no competition.
Excuse me? Bee - you are everything I've just highlighted up there!

And I can add a couple more - beautiful, generous of spirit, and extremely kindhearted!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Cool Heh

Quote:
I want to weep since I feel like an old lady right now.

I am almost 36 years old and have been in a relationship for almost 2 years with an amazing man. He is the ONLY guy I've ever dated and we didn't get together until I was 34 years old. Never dated anyone in high school, college or even in my 20's. It.just.didn't.happen for me.

During those years, I figured out who I was, did lots of traveling and things I enjoyed. It was fun and I met so many great people and made some life-long friends. Have fun in your youth!

There is PLENTY of time for you to find someone, trust me. Enjoy being who you are and reveling in that. You are unique and different but so is everyone else. We are all into different music, movies, celebs, etc. but that makes us who we are! You will find someone who loves you for YOU and it will be magical.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelluversu View Post
That took a lot of strength.

I remember feeling sad when I had to put my cat down. My mother stood in the corner and cried while they did the procedure, and I just stood by the table he was laying on and rubbed his head even after he was already gone. Animals shouldn't have to die like that...

After he was gone and I stopped petting him, the vet took him away, and they sent us his ashes in a small hand carved wooden box. They printed his name on a gold bar thingy that I ended up putting on the box. They also gave us a clay plate thing with his paw prints and his name on it. I'm glad to have a part of him still.

I'm sure that the cat you showed so much respect for appreciated what you did.
I had 2 dogs and 1 cat put down and 1 passed away recently that i loved so much ='(. I wasnt in any of the rooms when they were put down, but I was very devistated so I can only imagine being there and seeing your beloved pet pass on ='( I have oine of my dogs cremated and he's in a marble urn with his name and stuff on it. I still have 1 cat...he's 16 and in perfect health(except for some allergies) I've had him since I was 5!! I can even imagine him passing!!!!!!! I think thats really sweet they gave you the clay plate with his paw prints...I'd want that foir my cat Nighttime. i also want his paw prints tattooed on me.

Thanks..I hope so =) Is it bad I named him? lol

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 01-27-2012, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I love animals so much so I'd do anything for them. I know many people definatly wouldnt have done what I did! they would probs shovel him off to the side or something and thats just plain mean! I would never do that!
OMG WHY DID I GOOGLE CAT SANCTUARY!! Now I am crying my eyes out lol I'd do the same thing if I was your boss!

~Love, Caitlin~