Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Will we ever open the Gift?

What would you say are the chances that Gift of Screws will ever be released? And if it does, will it be radically different from what would have been released a year or more ago? How many Gift songs do you think will end up on the new FM album? Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi John, welcome to The Ledge!

My opinon: Lindsey will never release his solo album "Gift Of Screws".

The Lindsey songs that appear on the new Fleetwood Mac album (if gathered together onto one disc) will be what "Gift Of Screws" would have been if it had been a single (i.e. not double) album.

There is a rumour that the number of tracks on the FM album is 23, so if we say there is 1 co-written (between LB and SN), that gives them 11 tracks each. I'd say 10 of LB's will be GOS tracks that we have already heard.

Last edited by seteca; 01-05-2003 at 09:32 PM..
Old 01-05-2003, 09:28 PM
Junior Ledgie

Hi seteca and thank you. I had no idea there might be that many tracks on the new FM album, so you might be right there could be a lot of GOS songs on there. The future is looking good!
Old 01-06-2003, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm assuming that with only one or two exceptions, every "Lindsey" tune on the new album will already be MORE than familiar to us...it is the Stevie tunes that are the question marks.

I've read where "Gift Of Screws" is one of the finalists for the new album's title, so THAT alone should give you some answer as to the status of Lindsey's long-lost solo album.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:43 AM

As for a co-writing credit, we already know one song that qualifies: "Deep Dense." Boy, I'd love to see that song kick off the album; it is one of my favorites off the Gift of Screws batch. Add some Stevie harmonies to the song and I think it would simply kick butt.
Old 01-06-2003, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca

My opinon: Lindsey will never release his solo album "Gift Of Screws".

As often I agree with you Seteca. It`s hard to see how this could happen. In the next 1,5 years FM is the current project for him. And also some of the GOS material will be on the FM album. But
I must admit that I'd be very disappointed if the number of already known songs really was 10 out of 11. Very often there was said that he had so many songs on hold from 10 years of work. So I really hope that there still are some surprises left for us. Let`s wait and see...
Old 01-07-2003, 05:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i'm sure we're all pretty much assuming that lindsey's gos songs that make it to the new fm album will be rerecorded with the other band members... but.... what if they aren't? what if half of this album is just songs that we've all had for almost two years? same exact versions... with maybe a few stevie harmonies added on?
Old 01-07-2003, 06:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
what if half of this album is just songs that we've all had for almost two years? same exact versions... with maybe a few stevie harmonies added on
Well Jessica..it wouldn't bother me if that were the case, some of those songs are fab, just the way they are! I'm sure whichever GOS songs are on there, he's worked them to his best ability and as I see a few spring bulbs poking their heads up in my garden already... I can't wait!
Old 01-07-2003, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Peacemaker or whatever its called is not on GOS is it?
Surely Lindsey has been working on new tunes between
singing lullabies and building a new home!!! Later!Sky

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey
Old 01-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Jessica Leigh
.... what if they aren't? what if half of this album is just songs that we've all had for almost two years? same exact versions...
That would be almost....hilarious! Or rather, ridiculous!

Imagine, a double album:

Disc 1: "Gift Of Screws", written, performed and produced, solely, by Lindsey Buckingham.

Disc 2: "12 new Stevie songs," written by Stevie Nicks, performed by Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie (with additional vocals by Lindsey Buckingham). Produced by Fleetwood Mac, with special thanks from the band to Lindsey Buckingham.

Can you imagine!!

Old 01-08-2003, 09:47 AM

Lindsey is not rerecording GOS songs. I'm not there in the studio with the band, but going by logic, the GOS songs were finished for the most part. They simply had to be mastered. I'm sure some remixing took place to add Stevie vocals, but those songs were done. And they are damn good. If he gives us some new stuff we haven't heard, why, that would just be icing.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
That would be almost....hilarious! Or rather, ridiculous!

Imagine, a double album:

Disc 1: "Gift Of Screws", written, performed and produced, solely, by Lindsey Buckingham.

Disc 2: "12 new Stevie songs," written by Stevie Nicks, performed by Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie (with additional vocals by Lindsey Buckingham). Produced by Fleetwood Mac, with special thanks from the band to Lindsey Buckingham.

Can you imagine!!

OH MY WORD!!!! I just had a vision, what if that happens, NAH! Could they do something like this?? FM is a band not one person with support. Weird thought!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 01-08-2003, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Wldhrt315
OH MY WORD!!!! I just had a vision, what if that happens, NAH! Could they do something like this?? FM is a band not one person with support. Weird thought!
yeah that's exactly what i was thinking... i mean yeah, they are good songs... but you are right... fleetwood mac is a band... i'mnot asking for a whole different version of each of the gos songs... i'm just hoping there is a sufficient amount of the rest of the members on the songs.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default if linds did re- record the GOS songs....

..we'd STILL be waiting for this album. So far, it's just taken over a year hasn't it ( I can't remember when they started )? Quite quick by Lindsey standards is it not??
Old 01-09-2003, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What it seems we're forgetting here is that "GoS" was NOT the "all-Lindsey" affair like "OotC" was. Lindsey had either members of his OotC band on the early demos or Mick & John later on (no rhyme intended) working with him on those tunes.

And, I think from close listening to the songs that got leaked, most of the tracks with bass & drums WERE Mick & John...so there you have 3/4 of the current Fleetwood Mac already having recorded the tunes. So, what's the big deal? As Lindsey said in that article this time last year, it really doesn't matter to him what NAME those songs are released under.

But, what I find interesting is, why is there so much flak about how many GOS tunes will be on the new album with them being for all intents LEGITIMATE Fleetwood Mac songs, and yet there's almost NO flak about "Tusk" or "Tango" having songs that were 100% Lindsey with none of the others participating?